Steakhouse on Glory or Magic, is it worth it?

thursdaysrecords

Is the Steakhouse restaurant really worth the $35.00 pp?

Does that include gratuities?

Can this be prepaid before the cruise?

We have been to steakhouses at home that would end up being about or close to that price with tax and tip per person without drinks. So it really worth it?

The appeal would be the lobster tail and the steaks. Are they any good?

I don't want to go and find out it is very tiny lobster tail or small cut of beef and then just so so.

How much better is the lobster in the steakhouse vs the MDR formal night.

Any helpful suggestions are welcome. Thanks

In my opinion - worth it :)

If you want to "prepay" for it, just buy a Carnival gift card to use prior to the cruise.

The steaks were some of the best I've eaten, large and flavorful. It is an experience or an event. Plan to spend about 3 hours in the steakhouse. It's a quiet, intimate evening that we completely enjoyed.

I believe you can find the steakhouse menu online and it will give the size of each cut of steak and the lobster tail if you're worried about the small.

Hope this helps some.

Is the Steakhouse restaurant really worth the $35.00 pp?

Does that include gratuities?

Can this be prepaid before the cruise?

We have been to steakhouses at home that would end up being about or close to that price with tax and tip per person without drinks. So it really worth it?

The appeal would be the lobster tail and the steaks. Are they any good?

I don't want to go and find out it is very tiny lobster tail or small cut of beef and then just so so.

How much better is the lobster in the steakhouse vs the MDR formal night.

Any helpful suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Worth it to me for sure. I had the cowboy ribeye on Magic and it was nice size and very good, cooked perfectly. Definitely worth the 35.00 per person as the steak in the MDR is pretty much shoe leather plus its a much quieter and calmer atmosphere and great service.

The 35.00 does include the gratuity and you cannot pay for it before you board the cruise. You can reserve it months in advance though by emailing the ships steakhouse directly.

Just wanted to throw my opinion in -

Every one of the Steakhouses that we have tried aboard Carnival Ships has been exceptional. The Steaks have been absolutely great, and service has been top notch, and compared to some "high-end" steakhouses that we've visited for special occasions at home, the Carnival Steakhouses are a bargain. Don't worry about portion sizes; you will not go away hungry!

We go about once every two or three cruises and enjoy it.

Steaks almost all very good but can think of one exception.

Price is $ 35 each and does include some sort of a tip but you will be encouraged to tip more. and of course this is on top of a very nice meal you have paid for in the DR.

The OP asked about the portion size of the surf and turf in the Steakhouse, they are about 5 oz each.

The regular cut of filet is maybe 9 oz, and the single lobster tail is about the same.

The tip is included in the $35 fee, you can add to it if you'd like.

Ambiance in most of the cruise line steakhouses are very nice and the service is always top notch. The steaks for the most part are good. Is it comparable to a top notch steakhouse you would get on land (ie: Berns, The Palm, Lugars), not even close. Then again, you will probably drop $200 - $300 at one of these premium steakhouses where you will probably be under $100 on the cruise line steakhouse (throw in a bottle of wine). So its all relative. Is it worth it, in my opinion yes. Good idea if you want to have a nice meal in a nice setting

Edited by First and Ten

The OP asked about the portion size of the surf and turf in the Steakhouse, they are about 5 oz each.

The regular cut of filet is maybe 9 oz, and the single lobster tail is about the same.

The tip is included in the $35 fee, you can add to it if you'd like.

Wish they would definitely tell us how much of a tip is included in the $ 35 so we can decide for ourselves an appropriate amount to add.

Have heard all kind of numbers over the years.

. Is it comparable to a top notch steakhouse you would get on land (ie: Berns, The Palm, Lugars), not even close.

Agree again :eek: but as you pointed out, its about 1/3rd the price of those you listed too.

It is my understanding that Carnival steakhouses use to serve USDA Prime cuts of aged beef and the experience was much closer to that of a high end steakhouse at a fraction of the cost. Not sure when they stopped. Its still a pretty good deal and a nice change of scenery though or at least it was on Magic. My meal was better than the same meal at a Texas Roadhouse or Outback etc and the service was top notch.

Edited by ryano