Would we like Carnival Legend?

On Carnival you have to plan in advance if you want to do that. The buffet is cleared completely around 2:30pm. Pizza is always available, and scones and cake slices appear around 3pm for afternoon tea. Very slim pickings compared with Princess.

On Carnival you have to plan in advance if you want to do that. The buffet is cleared completely around 2:30pm. Pizza is always available, and scones and cake slices appear around 3pm for afternoon tea. Very slim pickings compared with Princess.

Planning ahead for more food is something I am usually good at when cruising.

Edited by MicCanberra

On most Princess ships you rarely have to plan ahead, there is always something available. However I rarely find I need any more than the regular three meals and maybe a sweet treat for afternoon tea since we usually pick late traditional dining.

Wow wouldn't like that, we often have a late lunch after Port, or even if a sea day and we had a little lay in and Brunch we might want a snack.

On most Princess ships you rarely have to plan ahead, there is always something available. However I rarely find I need any more than the regular three meals and maybe a sweet treat for afternoon tea since we usually pick late traditional dining.

For the longer cruises, I like to bring some food that is not readily available on the ships, mainly chocolate bars and savoury snacks.

the movies on the TV were also not included, $5.00 a pop.

Almost. The movies commence at 12 then 2, 4, 6, 8, etc on a cyclical basis every two hours. Absolutely free. I watched some and was not billed!

But... if you want to watch on demand. I.e. the movie starts when you want it to start, then you must pay.

Almost. The movies commence at 12 then 2, 4, 6, 8, etc on a cyclical basis every two hours. Absolutely free. I watched some and was not billed!

But... if you want to watch on demand. I.e. the movie starts when you want it to start, then you must pay.

That is pretty much standard on most lines where they have free movies and the on demand movies for a fee, some are around the $10 mark.

Ozkiwi, thanks for all the info. We are getting on the Emerald this morning, so will have a good read when we return.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Have a great cruise. I'll be interested to hear your comments about Emerald.

Also in one part of the Unicorn Cafe (buffet restaurant), the section nearest midships, there are three self-serve espresso machines, which use freshly ground beans - there are large hoppers above the machines. DH said the espresso was quite good and he liked that he could get it in a ordinary cup, not the paper cups which the regular cafes serve it in. The machines also make lattes and cappuchinos but I'm not sure how good they are. I'm not sure many people knew about them though, we didn't find them until the second to last day. Rats! At $2.95 per espresso from the regular cafes we could have saved heaps. The machines looked brand new and it maybe something they are trialling for the Aussie market. It probably costs too much to have extra staff churning out variations of espressos, lattes, etc at the regular cafes, although I would imagine they will still have those for people who want more than just a plain coffee.

Spirit has those too, and yes it's decent. Not the same as a proper Barista coffee, but it was plenty for us for our trip. Certainly better to Aussie tastes than the filter stuff in the rest of the ship (though we drink both). The Lattes aren't quite lattes, the cappuccinos aren't quite cappuccinos, but if you're happy enough with fresh ground coffee and warm milk in some form you'd be right!

• 1 year later...
What do you mean by urns?

As in for ashes?:eek:

Go to YouTube and search for Carnival Legend, should have a heap of videos!! The decor is scarily hideous!! Have been on the Spirit, decor was hideous on her too but Spirit doesnt have the urns - thank gawd!!

On the spirit; if your looking for a late afternoon bite. Guys Burger Bar is open till 5. The legend will be getting it in May 18; Along with a Mexican cantina & other things to make it similar. But it won't have those LEGENDary URN'S... Lol:D