Do you feel the screws AFT on Rhapsody of the seas

jonbgd

We had vibration in an aft JS on Vision. It was only really seriously felt when moving up to or leaving the piers at various ports. One morning we watched the wine glasses vibrate off of the coffee table. (We caught them before they went off the edge) :D

We haven't been on Rhapsody. :)

The only odd thing about the aft JS on Vision, was that it had way too much furniture in it. We loved the balcony in the corner aft!

Edited by Coralc

We had JS 8598 back in 2014 and just managed today to acquire it again for our upcoming Jan 2017 cruise. Is there vibration, yes. But for us it is not enough to take away from the enjoyment of an aft balcony. Sitting back there in the morning with coffee and my Kindle. Or just relaxing to the white noise of the of the prop wash. Never worrying about if it's too windy (which it's not :))

Enjoy your cabin.

442b63f06087f5a9fdef9212f0d9b3e8.jpg

0094e323f921b2515a8b6c72539961de.jpg

We were in 8580 aft Junior Suite in March on Rhapsody and there is quite a bit of vibration.

We love afts, but not sure I would book this stateroom again. It was an Around the Horn cruise and we had quite rough seas on a number of occasions also due to storms we at times were going faster than normal trying to make up lost time so maybe that was part of the problem.

Barbara:)

I've been on Deck 8 on Rhapsody twice. Once in 8102 and once in 8596. They were Greek Isle and Alaska. I can't say that I remember ever feeling any particular vibration. But the HUGE balcony, especially 8596 (corner aft) were fantastic.

You didn't notice the first night on our way down to Sicily? We could tell from 8596 on that trip that we were behind and really cooking. That was the only time we thought the vibration was more than normal.

When moving normally, it's not too bad- helps us sleep. But there is vibration.

We were on the exact same two cruises- in 8096 Alaska, and 8596 Greek. (and, yea, the corner aft cabins were totally awesome on those two cruises)

Sailing on the Enchantment in the aft- we feel the same nominal vibration. For us, it seems to help us sleep.

We didn't notice the screws with Rhapsody. However on Legend when she was doing about 18 to 19 knots we did feel it. (Same ship class)

That is a rare speed, we were going to make Columbia from Florida on a Panama transit. They don't usually do that speed.

DH is ex Navy and notices everything mechanical so if he says not to worry, don't! We loved Rhapsody and we loved our aft cabin, would do that again anytime.

I think docking or sail away is often something where you notice the ship systems no matter where you are in the ship. The gangway being put on or whatever. I hear it and I don't expect to sleep in!