Water walking in Riviera pool

KT Freeman

We will be on a cruise on the Riviera in February. At that point, I will be 4 months post-knee replacement. Water walking is my favorite way to build up strength in my knee. Although this will be our 2nd cruise on the Riviera, I didn't pay attention to the depth of the pool the last time, so I can't remember much about the pool. How deep is the pool? If it's too deep to walk in, I won't bother bringing a swim suit.

I would check with your doctor or physiotherapist. I think there's lots of exercises you can do in the water that would help strengthen your knee. Although I've never had knee replacement, I did have a pinched nerve that affected my knee (Long story). My physiotherapist gave me a list of exercises, including some I could do in our pool.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be on a cruise on the Riviera in February. At that point, I will be 4 months post-knee replacement. Water walking is my favorite way to build up strength in my knee. Although this will be our 2nd cruise on the Riviera, I didn't pay attention to the depth of the pool the last time, so I can't remember much about the pool. How deep is the pool? If it's too deep to walk in, I won't bother bringing a swim suit.

It is over 6 ft as sitraveler replied, for 90% of the pool length. As I recall it was touchable across the pool at the ladder end for me (6'). It is a short distance for a walk. Others may recall me better and correct me.

That said, bring your swim suit, it wil not take up much room. On a nice sunny day sitting pool side watching the others cooling off in the pool you might regret leaving it at home.

What category cabin do you have?

If PH or above (I think that's it), you'd have access to the therapy pool outdoors in the Spa.

I think there are daily passes, also...?

We found that an unexpected pleasure.

Part of it is to sit, with lots of bubbles, and part of it is unobstructed for walking/standing if you wish.

(I found the bubbles wonderful, but they kept pushing me up, so I was sort of floating away unless I held on, which interfered a bit with the relaxation of that part.)

It's not huge, but it is a depth that you can walk, and the water is nice and warm.

(Would that be even more therapeutic for you?)

If PH or above (I think that's it), you'd have access to the therapy pool outdoors in the Spa.

I think there are daily passes, also...?

the spa terrace is Free for Concierge level cabin & above

The T pool is lovely ..if you want to relax do not turn the jets on ;)

the spa terrace is Free for Concierge level cabin & above

The T pool is lovely ..if you want to relax do not turn the jets on ;)

Thanks. I wasn't sure who had free access.

We were there for a holiday cruise, so the ship was probably at or close to capacity.

There wasn't a single time we were the only ones in that nice T pool.

(It wasn't "crowded", but we weren't the "only ones" there, at least not any of the times we stopped by.)

That pool was a real surprise.

I hate getting into cold - or even cool - water (Brrrrr), so this was just perfect :)

Apparently the Marina is a bit different, and has two hot tubs on that Spa deck instead?