Unlimited Alcohol pkg on Coral Princess

beccafries

...but then you miss out on that 40% wine discount which can be pretty nice.

True, but you should add the cost of a glass of house wine for every glass you drink from a bottle bought at 40% off to the price of the bottle (you've already 'paid' for the house wine).

I usually don't chime in on these discussions because it's really personal preference, $, and lifestyle that dictate who chooses what. When we went on the CB back in January we had a sale and declined the package even at discount rates because I don't want something like that dictating how much I drink. We found we drank way less than we planned mostly because there is so much to do and drinking makes me take more naps etc. If I purchased it I would make sure I got my moneys worth each day which is not a good way to enjoy a cocktail in my mind.

Discount rate on the AIBP?

What would that be?

I usually don't chime in on these discussions because it's really personal preference, $, and lifestyle that dictate who chooses what. When we went on the CB back in January we had a sale and declined the package even at discount rates because I don't want something like that dictating how much I drink. We found we drank way less than we planned mostly because there is so much to do and drinking makes me take more naps etc. If I purchased it I would make sure I got my moneys worth each day which is not a good way to enjoy a cocktail in my mind.

Discount rate on the AIBP?

What would that be?

Yeah, I like to hear about that too, I've only seen discounted rates on RCI.

Often on the last sea day a set price. But, I have not cruised the CB.

Thinking about a Princess cruise for the first time and considering all the options. We would normally have a bottle of wine with dinner, a cocktail pre-dinner and assorted coffees and soft drinks throughout the day so I think the package sounds worth it for us. Is there a reasonable choice of wine by the glass, within the $10 price?

Thinking about a Princess cruise for the first time and considering all the options. We would normally have a bottle of wine with dinner, a cocktail pre-dinner and assorted coffees and soft drinks throughout the day so I think the package sounds worth it for us. Is there a reasonable choice of wine by the glass, within the $10 price?

I think so.....But some by the bottle r pretty reasonable, with the 40% off.

I am sure a true oenophile or wine connoisseur will read this post and give you more detail. Also do a search and you might find some listings.

We visit Vines quite a bit...liked their glasses, perfect weight.

Edited by land lover

I have found a good choice at Vines - not quite so good in the MDR.

The choice of wines by the glass at Vines is better than anywhere else in the ship. On my last cruise (a trans-Atlantic with Sip & Sail), we usually went to Vines before dinner for a glass of wine while waiting for the buzzer to go off for Anytime Dining. When the buzzer went off, they would top of our glasses for us to carry in to the MDR.

Edited by NavyVeteran

• 1 month later...
7 night cruise you get charged $56.35 x 7 = $394.45.

Count nights not days.

On a 7 day cruise you board around 1pm on boarding day and disembark around 9am on disembarkation day. You are on board for right around 164 hours, 4 hours short of a full 7 days. So what you call a 7 day cruise is really very close to 7 full days. The AIBP is still valid on the morning of disembarkation day. So get your bloody mary or espresso drink if you wish.

Ok, what is the AIBP? I'm lost cause I have never bought a beverage package.

All Inclusive Beverage Package.

ANY drink $10 and under, as well as a 40% discount on bottles of wine.

Close. Actually 40% discount on bottles of wine priced below $100. :) Still not worth it to me other than as a perk.

Okay Thrak...u r another one I am going to talk off subject to.. when r you going to make elite?..... again you post alot so I swear you must already be there. but if not, I bet with this 28 day cruise you will be there...or if it doesn't put you over then you need to get off the boards and do a little more cruising.....enjoy...L:)ri

We have a long way to go yet. Including our next two cruises that are booked - 28 days and 14 days - we will still only have 9 cruises and 109 days with Princess. Just to hit Elite is 16 cruises or 151 days. I had that "work" thing holding me back. This year we only have the one 28 day booked. (We are planning an 8-10 week land trip driving to Glacier National Park in Montana and then going to up through Canada into Alaska and to the end of the Alaska highway and back home to California.

In 2018 we only have the 14 day booked so far (snagged it during the Sip and Sail promo) but will likely sneak another one in there somewhere. Probably a 10 day Mexico cruise.

We also have a bunch of home improvements in the works which take time and $$$.

Like the signature says: Not Elite but having fun working on it... :D

We have a long way to go yet. Including our next two cruises that are booked - 28 days and 14 days - we will still only have 9 cruises and 109 days with Princess. Just to hit Elite is 16 cruises or 151 days. I had that "work" thing holding me back. This year we only have the one 28 day booked. (We are planning an 8-10 week land trip driving to Glacier National Park in Montana and then going to up through Canada into Alaska and to the end of the Alaska highway and back home to California.

In 2018 we only have the 14 day booked so far (snagged it during the Sip and Sail promo) but will likely sneak another one in there somewhere. Probably a 10 day Mexico cruise.

We also have a bunch of home improvements in the works which take time and $$$.

Like the signature says: Not Elite but having fun working on it... :D

You will be Elite on your 16th cruise...

I will most likely skip the package. For 2 of us on a 15 day cruise we are taking $1700. That seems like a lot to me. I don't drink wine and rarely drink beer. I enjoy the frozen drinks and yes some days I might have 5-6 drinks but cannot see me doing it everyday. We plan to preorder bottled water at 50 cents a bottle and lemonade and coffee are free I believe so we will be good. Happy sailing.

I will most likely skip the package. For 2 of us on a 15 day cruise we are taking $1700. That seems like a lot to me. I don't drink wine and rarely drink beer. I enjoy the frozen drinks and yes some days I might have 5-6 drinks but cannot see me doing it everyday. We plan to preorder bottled water at 50 cents a bottle and lemonade and coffee are free I believe so we will be good. Happy sailing.

It's too much for me as well. It's "worth" $3,155 on our next cruise. No way in the world would I pay that but I'm more than happy to take it as a perk. :)