Just back from the Magic!

kctwinmommy

We had a wonderful time on our 8-day cruise on the Magic. I'll do an actual review over the next few days, although it may take a little longer with the holidays coming up so quickly. But if people had some general questions that I can answer, I'll try my best. I don't drink, so don't ask me about the bars/drinks. We went to a couple of the shows, we saw some of the Lido deck activities, we did an excursion in Curacao, my son & husband snorkeled in all 3 islands, my son was in Circle C. We had a balcony room, next to our friends, on deck 11.

Soo... if I can answer anything, I'll try!

We had a wonderful time on our 8-day cruise on the Magic. I'll do an actual review over the next few days, although it may take a little longer with the holidays coming up so quickly. But if people had some general questions that I can answer, I'll try my best. I don't drink, so don't ask me about the bars/drinks. We went to a couple of the shows, we saw some of the Lido deck activities, we did an excursion in Curacao, my son & husband snorkeled in all 3 islands, my son was in Circle C. We had a balcony room, next to our friends, on deck 11.

Excited to hear you were on deck 11. Have a balcony room on 11 in January. Were you Starboard or Port side? Could you smell smoke while on your balcony? What was your room # and could you hear noise from the slides above?? What was the general feel of this deck? First time on 11 for us.

Excited to hear you were on deck 11. Have a balcony room on 11 in January. Were you Starboard or Port side? Could you smell smoke while on your balcony? What was your room # and could you hear noise from the slides above?? What was the general feel of this deck? First time on 11 for us.

We were on the port side, about 6-7 cabins in from the Lido deck. Never heard anything from above, below, or outside! And I think I smelled smoke once or twice, but that was probably people on the balcony. Smoking on 11 was on the starboard side. We always love being near the top of the ship, so we have usually booked a deck near the top, always a balcony.

Last year we were in 11225 starboard - no smoke smell at all. Quiet (spa balcony cabin) no extra rocking, great cruise.

We will be on the Magic next week and I am trying to find out what movies they are showing. I have John Heald's list of November movies but wondered what they are showing on the Magic. If you still have your Fun Times, could you let me know? I would appreciate it. We have sailed the Magic twice before and love her. Looking forward to sailing her again. Hope you had a good cruise and thanks for your help. :D

Deepwater Horizon

Jason Bourne

Miss Peregrine's Home for the Peculiar Children

Suicide Squad

Central Intelligence

Ghostbusters

The Light Between the Oceans

Me Before You

The Martian

Star Trek Beyond

Finding Dory

The Secret Life of Pets

Avengers The Age of Ultron

Captain America: Civil War

Bad Moms

The Legend of Tarzan

Spectre

Thank you for posting the December movies. I also saw that on John Heald's blog. I do have the list of November movies but was wondering which of those will be on the Magic next week.

I have the Fun Times somewhere, just not sure if I'll find them anytime soon! LOL! I did reply, maybe to you, in another post, with all the movies I can remember being on the Magic this past week. Keep in mind, we had an 8-day cruise. I guess ours was a little different than it's normal schedule. For example, we went to Curacao, the first time the Magic went there.

Thanks, Cindy. I couldn't find the post with the dive in movies you mentioned. We sail Friday and it is an 8 day cruise, also, but not to Curacao. I would love to go there. If you do find the movies that were shown I would appreciate it. Thanks for your help.

Edited: I found it, Cindy. Thanks so much.

Edited by travel girl23

We were also on this cruise and had a great time.

Pig and Anchor were very good only negative is you could not get water there unless you bought a bottle. Many people once they realized it took their plates and went up to lido.

Didnt pay attention to movies they were showing as we never see movies on ships, sorry.

Dr E is an excellent cruise director very active and friendly.

Lots of older people in scooters who had no idea how to use them. One lady crashed into elevator door while it was closing. Another couldnt figure out how to get out of the elvator so eventually she got out and me and her carried it off.

Wish they would give people lessons in how to use them before setting them free.

Overall thought food and service were pretty good but nothing came to us hot from lido mostly lukewarm at best. Toast seems to be made hours before being put out and some was rather hard by the time we got it.

Dining room staff did excellent job. We had table far away from galley and they got us food still pretty hot and dinner was finished in about 90 minutes which to us is perfect.

I know food and service are subjective, but how did you find them?

Glad you had a great cruise!

The service for the most part was great. But, we did have a couple problems in the MDR for dinner. One night, we waited I think about 50 minutes until we got our appetizers. Our waiters were very apologetic, saying something about a group/table that needed to be done by 7 p.m. for some reason. Wasn't totally sure what the deal was. It wasn't a huge deal, but it was a little annoying. I mean, we didn't have anywhere to be, but that was a long wait. I thought it was wrong of one table/group to dictate a schedule for everyone else though.

The food was also good for the most part. A few problems with steaks being cooked properly, but it was fixed. As I said, we didn't care that much for Pig & Anchor, Guys was great. The salad bar was good. Blue Iguana my son loved!

The service for the most part was great. But, we did have a couple problems in the MDR for dinner. One night, we waited I think about 50 minutes until we got our appetizers. Our waiters were very apologetic, saying something about a group/table that needed to be done by 7 p.m. for some reason. Wasn't totally sure what the deal was. It wasn't a huge deal, but it was a little annoying. I mean, we didn't have anywhere to be, but that was a long wait. I thought it was wrong of one table/group to dictate a schedule for everyone else though.

The food was also good for the most part. A few problems with steaks being cooked properly, but it was fixed. As I said, we didn't care that much for Pig & Anchor, Guys was great. The salad bar was good. Blue Iguana my son loved!

Thank you for the reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on Magic with you. Had great time. One of my best Carnival cruises. DR. E was terrific. We had a fabulous steward and our waiters were wonderful. We are considering sailing on her again to do Western itinerary in April.

We are just off the Magic, there were generally two movies each night with some kind of 'theme'. First night, Comedy - Central Intelligence @7:30, Daddy's Home at 10.

2nd night - Date Night, Me Before you at 7:30, The Intern at 10.

3rd night - Action & Adventure - Batman v Superman at 7.

4th night - Drama - The Martian @ 7:30, Star Trek Beyond at 10, at Midnight they showed Deadpool.

5th was Blockbuster Night - Finding Dory @ 7:30, Captain America: Civel War at 10.

6th night was Marvel Mania with Age of Ultron @ 7, X-Men: Apocalypse @ 9:30.

7th was Action @ Adventure with Independence Day: Resurgence @ 7. The final night was Family Movie Time with The Jungle Book @ 7 and Zootopia at 9

The popcorn was free and salt was available, but it was just OK.