Holiday gift card offer

Cruisingisthebestfun

I've never used one of these gift cards. How does it work if you want to use it on board? Do you go to customer service and have it applied to your account before you have any charges or do you have to wait until you have charges against your account and pay for them with the gift card?

We just used one. Went to Guest services on day one and had it applied to our account.

Only problem was when cruise was over, we still had some money left on the card (it was a $1000 gift card). Guest services told us they don't refund the balance - it just goes away.

That didn't sit well, as our balance was over $450. Got no where with guest services and they told me to call Customer Relations when we got home. Did that, and customer relations had no idea why the on ship staff did that and provided us with a stateroom account that showed it all non refundable. Guest relations told me today I should get the $450 back.

We will see in 6 to 8 weeks if we actually get it back or not.

Don

We just used one. Went to Guest services on day one and had it applied to our account.

Only problem was when cruise was over, we still had some money left on the card (it was a $1000 gift card). Guest services told us they don't refund the balance - it just goes away.

That didn't sit well, as our balance was over $450. Got no where with guest services and they told me to call Customer Relations when we got home. Did that, and customer relations had no idea why the on ship staff did that and provided us with a stateroom account that showed it all non refundable. Guest relations told me today I should get the $450 back.

We will see in 6 to 8 weeks if we actually get it back or not.

Don

Yikes. Hardly an incentive to buy and use one of these cards. I really don't understand why they would do that either. There is even a place on the Princess site where you can check the balance. That implies that you may not use all of it at one time so why wouldn't they just put the balance back on the card? Did you have other OBC and did they apply charges to your gift card balance first?

there is a 5 page "frequently asked questions" list with the email, a few points mentioned:

If you have a credit balance on your folio at the end of your cruise and the balance is less than $25 you can get a cash refund "upon request", if the credit balance is greater than $25 "upon request" a check for the remaining balance will be sent to you after you return from your forcruise.

The cards can be used for "most Princess products and services, but NOT as payment towards Land Excursions and EzAir !!!

The $500 card does not expire, but the $25 "promoional card" must be used by 2/27/17.

The cards can be used for "most Princess products and services, but NOT as payment towards Land Excursions and EzAir !!!

The $500 card does not expire, but the $25 "promoional card" must be used by 2/27/17.

Correct me if I am wrong but can't you apply both the $500 and the $25 credit towards payment on a cruise? I know I have used the gift card amount previously for payment on a cruise ... but think I used the promotional credit on a cruise because I was sailing prior to its expiration date. But ... for some reason, I was thinking I could have also applied it to payment on an existing booking, even though the sail date was beyond the expiration date.

Correct me if I am wrong but can't you apply both the $500 and the $25 credit towards payment on a cruise? I know I have used the gift card amount previously for payment on a cruise ... but think I used the promotional credit on a cruise because I was sailing prior to its expiration date. But ... for some reason, I was thinking I could have also applied it to payment on an existing booking, even though the sail date was beyond the expiration date.

yes

I've never used one of these gift cards. How does it work if you want to use it on board? Do you go to customer service and have it applied to your account before you have any charges or do you have to wait until you have charges against your account and pay for them with the gift card?

When they had this promotion last time I bought the limit of $500 gift cards and got the $25 gift card for each. I used all of them to pay off or pay down the final payment amount on future cruises that I had already booked. I just entered the information on the website when I went to the payment screen.

For the $500 ones I was not required to use it all at once or on one booking so I applied the money as needed. If I remember right, I even used part of one to pay for gratuities.

I tried to use mine up pre-cruise because I did not want to hassle with trying to get a refund at the end of a cruise.

Since I don't have anything booked right now, I don't think I'll buy any this time. I'm not sure I will be ready to use the bonus gift cards by February.

:mad:I bought 3 digital $ 500.00 cards (using 3 separate transactions ) today and each one came with the $25.00 bonus card. I have an $ 1800.00 balance due in a few weeks. When I tried to pay using the bonus cards the payment would not go through but the $500.00 cards did. I'll give it a try again in 24 hours. If it doesn't work I'll have to try over the phone👎

:mad:I bought 3 digital $ 500.00 cards (using 3 separate transactions ) today and each one came with the $25.00 bonus card. I have an $ 1800.00 balance due in a few weeks. When I tried to pay using the bonus cards the payment would not go through but the $500.00 cards did. I'll give it a try again in 24 hours. If it doesn't work I'll have to try over the phone👎

A post on a similar thread says the system is not working for the bonus cards.

They don't know when it will be fixed.