Place to stay

Brodysmum

Does anyone have a good idea of a hotel/motel, in Fort Lauderdale, close to the port. We need it for February. The ones I have looked at are so expensive. Also do the hotels keep your car while you are away, or where is the best place to park.

Welcome to CC! You may want to check out the "Florida Departures" board on CC as there are many, many recommendations for hotels in FLL. Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Personally, we always stay at the Embassy Suites and while they do tend to be at the higher end of the cost scale, they are very convenient to the port as well as shopping for any pre-cruise stuff you may need or want. They also have a free happy hour each evening and free breakfast.

February does tend to be the very early part of Spring Break and FLL is a popular spot for those on "spring break" so hotel prices will tend to be higher during that time.

Edit: I cannot answer your car/parking question as we've always flown into FLL and did not use a car.

Edited by joepeka

I live near the port and there are many lodging options, many of which permit you to park your car on their lot during the cruise and have shuttle services to and from the port. Depending on what your price range is and how long you plan to stay, I can provide some choices. What hotels have you looked at and are you willing to stay a few miles away?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I need ideas as well. Flying in to Fll and departing from POM. Need a hotel for one night before and one night after. Most seem to be $250-$400 for a night. I really wanted to spend under $200. Closer to $100 even better!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This time of year FT Lauderdale has become a money seeking machine and then some. :eek: .Look a little North, West Palm Beach for your better rates if your driving it's around a hour ;). Save two hundred and spend it on your excursions :D.

Live here in FLL and am a PVP for Carnival. Have personally stayed at Hyatt House, Hyatt Place and Hilton Garden Inn about 10-15 min from the port ... usually see them in the $100-150 per night range .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Valuetrips usually offers great rates for the Hyatt Place by the port. Park N Go offers good rates for parking if you book in advance.

If you aren't too picky, check out Rodeway Inn. You can stay and park there and they have great rates.

Does anyone have a good idea of a hotel/motel' date=' in Fort Lauderdale, close to the port. We need it for February. The ones I have looked at are so expensive. Also do the hotels keep your car while you are away, or where is the best place to park.[/quote']

Welcome to the boards! :)

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info - start your search there! ;)

South FLA will be expensive in Feb - you are not the only one wanting to escape the ice and snow! The under $100 room in August can go for $300+ in Feb! :eek:

Besides cruise parking deals in the FLL area you can look at staying cheaper a bit farther north (West Palm and up; even Orlando, with 1000's of hotels in every price range is only a 3+ hour drive) and then driving to Fort Lauderdale the morning of your cruise.

Besides parking at the port there are several cheaper off-site parking options.

Good luck! :)

Does anyone have a good idea of a hotel/motel' date=' in Fort Lauderdale, close to the port. We need it for February. The ones I have looked at are so expensive. Also do the hotels keep your car while you are away, or where is the best place to park.[/quote']

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street this month. The staff were really nice, but that is about the only good thing I can say about this hotel. I called twice for airport pickup when I arrived, and the shuttle never came. I ended up having to take a taxi after waiting an hour. I then used their shuttle service to the port the next day, and got on the very first shuttle. By the time they got us there on that first shuttle, Carnival was already boarding zone 4. The room had a lot of street noise, and was very musty. The eggs at the free breakfast were like rubber omelets. I can't recommend that hotel. My favorite place to stay in Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise is the Hilton Marina. I noticed when shopping for a hotel in FLL that prices are considerably higher than they were last time I stayed there.

Edited by winddawn

I am cruising with a group in Feb 2017. We have a group rate at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina. (located less than 1 mile from the cruise terminal)

Our rate is good for any of these dates: Feb 6 - Feb 14, 2017.

Get in touch if you want more info: desertstorm25th@gmail.com

We have always stayed at the Crowne Plaza. It's really close to the port and has a restaurant, which is handy. I think the shuttle to the cruiseport is about $8 if I remember correctly and the airport shuttle is free. We have never had an issue with this hotel.