UK drinks package price

cclarke12

Hi - could any UK cruisers confirm the price of the all inclusive drinks package if you book from the UK? I can see a $ rate on the US site but I'm not sure if it's just a straight conversion of the $ price. Thanks

Not that simple, its dependent on the exchange rate on the day you booked your cruise. The price is fixed in us $ The conversion will be worked back from that

Not that simple, its dependent on the exchange rate on the day you booked your cruise. The price is fixed in us $ The conversion will be worked back from that

Thanks. It works the same as NCL then. I've a tempting cruise price but with the terrible exchange rate the drinks prices on all US ships are looking very pricey unless they are offering free drinks packages.

Hi - could any UK cruisers confirm the price of the all inclusive drinks package if you book from the UK? I can see a $ rate on the US site but I'm not sure if it's just a straight conversion of the $ price. Thanks

Hi,if you have already booked your cruise you can log on your CP.Look under gifts and services look up a $100 dollar block of OBC put it in the shopping cart and the price in GBP should come up.We bought shedloads on our recent 29 day cruise and we got a rate of $1.54 to the GBP even after brexit.With a better rate you can buy the package onboard with your prepurchased OBC.If you do the same with the AIBP on the CP it should come up in GBP also,just get out a calculator and check the rates,they should be better than market rates.Guys that booked cruises later than us got 1.42 which is still good,cheers,Brian.

Hi,if you have already booked your cruise you can log on your CP.Look under gifts and services look up a $100 dollar block of OBC put it in the shopping cart and the price in GBP should come up.We bought shedloads on our recent 29 day cruise and we got a rate of $1.54 to the GBP even after brexit.With a better rate you can buy the package onboard with your prepurchased OBC.If you do the same with the AIBP on the CP it should come up in GBP also,just get out a calculator and check the rates,they should be better than market rates.Guys that booked cruises later than us got 1.42 which is still good,cheers,Brian.

We haven't booked as yet. Drinks prices put me off with the current exchange rate though. Thanks

Edited by cclarke12

Problem is that the drinks package is quite expensive unless you are a real drinks man, plus you have to factor in the gratuities which will be added to you on board account. I'm a Princess fan, but with the fx rate, plus the continual increase in gratuities, I've switched to P&O - cheaper drink prices, in sterling, and no service charge! Result!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Hi,ok, the only way to find out is to ask fellow brits who have recently booked,to do a dummy run and see what the rate is.A measure of spirit on Princess is $6.25 + 15% but it is almost a double.On PandO a measure is a single and is £5 so in fact is dearer.I like a drink big time but even I couldnt get thru $57 a day worth of booze,perhaps if you drank loads of poshy lala coffees also,you might break even.As the yanks say, do the math,cheers,Brian.

If you do a search on this board you will find the drinks calculator .If you consider all the bottled water ,soft drinks tea (proper tea in the speciality coffee bars) you will be surprised just how quickly it adds up.

In the past 5 years we have always got the drinks package with Princess or Celebrity and it works a treat on two levels.

1. Pay up front and no need to be constantly watching and checking your drinks bill.

2. Allows you to try different martinis that you may or may not like .Don't like it ? Leave it and get another one.

I am not a very big on drinking lots of alcohol all day so I normally break

even . Hubby always gets his moneys worth!

Scotslizzy

Hi

I am a UK cruiser. When I log into cruise personalizer it comes up in GBP not USD. £39.45 per day. It has been showing the same price since we booked our cruise months ago (ie it hasnt changed at all with the USD/GBP exchange rate)

hi,that works out at about 1.44 to the GBP.That doesnt show up until the cruise is booked.If the op booked now he may or may not get a little less,but would be better than market rate,cheers,Brian.

Hi

I am a UK cruiser. When I log into cruise personalizer it comes up in GBP not USD. £39.45 per day. It has been showing the same price since we booked our cruise months ago (ie it hasnt changed at all with the USD/GBP exchange rate)

The same for me.

If I go to buy OBC it charges me in ££ and not $$.

I have tried every which way to find out what our exchange rate would be but have still not worked it out!!

Katie x

If you do a search on this board you will find the drinks calculator .If you consider all the bottled water ,soft drinks tea (proper tea in the speciality coffee bars) you will be surprised just how quickly it adds up.

In the past 5 years we have always got the drinks package with Princess or Celebrity and it works a treat on two levels.

1. Pay up front and no need to be constantly watching and checking your drinks bill.

2. Allows you to try different martinis that you may or may not like .Don't like it ? Leave it and get another one.

I am not a very big on drinking lots of alcohol all day so I normally break

even . Hubby always gets his moneys worth!

Scotslizzy

Like you we do the AIB and come out just ahead. Once you factor in ALL drinks, it's surprising how quickly the costs rise.

Hi,ok, the only way to find out is to ask fellow brits who have recently booked,to do a dummy run and see what the rate is.A measure of spirit on Princess is $6.25 + 15% but it is almost a double.On PandO a measure is a single and is £5 so in fact is dearer.I like a drink big time but even I couldnt get thru $57 a day worth of booze,perhaps if you drank loads of poshy lala coffees also,you might break even.As the yanks say, do the math,cheers,Brian.

Not sure what you are drinking but a single is not £5 on P&O. I drink large G&T's which is £7. If we took your price it would be at least £11.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi,sorry I stand corrected,I thought I read that somewhere.So £7 relates to $8.68 at a rate of 1.24 and Princess is $7.20.Just clarifying that PandO is not cheaper.Shame,because we are on the Aurora in the new year,our first PandO cruise,cheers,Brian.

Brian are you saying, that you couldn't drink $57 worth a day, I mean like 8/9 drinks.

Brian are you saying, that you couldn't drink $57 worth a day, I mean like 8/9 drinks.

Hi,possibly on sea days,on port intensive cruises it would be harder,plus we dont drink coffee just boring English tea and tap water.Have you tried the Hollywood iced tea,its about 5 large shots of top shelf booze and lemon juice,I had 2 of those and a few vodkas and I was out of it almost.Good value,well under $10 a throw,cheers,Brian.

Hi

Ours was the same. We cruised on Crown in Oct for 15 nights. The package was £1183 for the two of us but it was worth it :p

Ours was the same. We cruised on Crown in Oct for 15 nights. The package was £1183 for the two of us but it was worth it :p

I'm cruising on Crown in May and the cost is £42.26 per day.

Can you purchase the package once you are on board? I wonder if you get a better rate once you are at sea because of the tax.

I'm cruising on Crown in May and the cost is £42.26 per day.

Can you purchase the package once you are on board? I wonder if you get a better rate once you are at sea because of the tax.

You would probably be foolish to do this unless you have shedloads of OBC to use up. You will be charged in USD on board, which will convert at the prevailing rate on your credit card bill. If you can buy it at about 1.33 to the GBP you should probably do it.

Do you think GBP will rebound higher than that by May next year? Do you feel lucky?

Well I did end up booking in the end as the price was pretty good with the Black Friday deal. It also turned our that I am Elite on Princess due to previous P&O cruises and our Princess cruise last year, so some nice perks to enjoy. The exchange rate that's been applied for pre purchasing drinks packages and gratuities is about £1 = $1.33, so better than the prevailing bank rate.

You would probably be foolish to do this unless you have shedloads of OBC to use up. You will be charged in USD on board, which will convert at the prevailing rate on your credit card bill. If you can buy it at about 1.33 to the GBP you should probably do it.

Do you think GBP will rebound higher than that by May next year? Do you feel lucky?

No I think we are going to be stuck with a rubbish exchange rate for quite some time, we have some OBC but not megabucks.

The tax I'm referring to is the VAT. When on a RC cruise a couple of years ago they charged the tax when in port but not when at sea.