Ultimate dining package going away...

angelhelly

Hello all,

So I wrote an email to Celebrity about if Sushi on 5 was part of the UDP and this is the awnser I've got :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this email finds you well.

Thank you for your inquiry. The ultimate dining package will no longer be offered as of January 1st. Our new dining packages will offer far more flexibility for our guests. They will be available from 3 to 14 visit packages and will allow the guest to dine in a venues as many times as they wish. There is no limitation to the venues offered. All restaurants are available with these packages. Meals are not limited to dinner. They can be used for breakfast and lunch.

For additional information please contact Cruise Enhancements at 1-800-722-5941 and an agent will be happy to assist you. They can also assist you with booking one of our exciting Shore Excursions or convenient Beverage Packages to complete your cruise.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard and hope you have a great vacation. Thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises and have a fantastic day!

Sincerely,

Joseph Rezonable

Customer Service Representative

Trade Support & Service - Celebrity Cruises

Consumer Website: http://www.celebritycruises.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm dissapointed... I was so looking forward to it. Now it would be a lot more expensive to get what I wanted :-(

It is my personal experience (3x with UDP, but never again) that I tended to plan my day around what and where I was going to eat, and whether or not I could fit a Porch, Bistro or even Lawn Club in for lunch, and we walked around the ship just miserable. I have tried all the restaurants, almost every item on each menu (but not Sushi on 5 yet) and this January on the Silhouette, we are going to try the MDR, then decide on specialty dining as we go. I will not be napping at the pool all week because I am too full to do anything else!:D Between the great salad bar in the café and mast burgers at the pool, as well as all of the healthy delights at the Aqua Spa café, there are more than enough lunch offerings, and if you choose the 7 night plan, its only $3 more per person per night and you still get dinner where ever you decide. The new packages let you control the where, when and how many. Enjoy!!!

Sorry to hear Celebrity is discontinuing the UDP. My wife and I have enjoyed this option on a couple of cruises. We enjoyed not only the dinners but, also, the lunches in the specialty restaurants. It was nice to pop into Bistro on 5 in the afternoon for a crepe or other desert. I was looking forward to maybe grabbing some Sushi for lunch as well. Oh well, things change and I imagine Celebrity's intent is to generate more bookings for the specialties.

Does anyone know if one can book these "dining packages" on board and if the price is the same?

Maybe not. Did you check your cruise planner? Some people have reported they are able to book dining packages over 5 days. Personally I have never booked one.

It was not avail. on our cruise! They told me at the time it was mostly longer cruises and 2017. That changes in the last week I guess. I will ck when I get on next week ! Bob

Breakfast? Which speciality restaurant is open for breakky?

We normally only do the 3 dinner package form$99 but on our recent Solstice cruise they offered a $149 pkg that was 3 dinners and 2 lunches at any restaurants on board.

We ended up just doing the $99 dinner deal but booked 2 lunches onboard - one at Tuscan for $25 and one at Silks for $20 (based on 'deals' of the day!) so came out slightly ahead.

We did like the flexibility of options and being able to choose the same venue multiple times.

Wonder if this change is aligning with the multi restaurant offerings on the new Edge class ships?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk