Mobile Passport in Houston

trbarton

Anyone used the Mobile Passport in Huston, IAH, and how did it work?

I'm on a United flight from Chilie & I understand that after customs there is someone there to reclaim your luggage for your continuing flight.

Tom😎

Anyone used the Mobile Passport in Huston, IAH, and how did it work?

I'm on a United flight from Chilie & I understand that after customs there is someone there to reclaim your luggage for your continuing flight.

Tom😎

I found this.... "MOBILE PASSPORT service is currently available at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL), Miami International Airport (MIA), Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) and San Francisco International Airport (SFO), with more airport locations to follow."

I found this.... "MOBILE PASSPORT service is currently available at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL), Miami International Airport (MIA), Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) and San Francisco International Airport (SFO), with more airport locations to follow."

You are a bit out of date. According to the website http://www.mobilepassport.us/

It is live at 20 airports and one cruiseport (FLL). EM

Mobile Passport is available at IAH. While it's supposed to be faster than regular procedures (it is in SEA and MSP), there was no time savings in ATL. I don't know what your results will be in IAH. As for your luggage, you are correct about re-checking your non-carryon bags after clearing customs and immigration - it's no different than "regular" customs/immigration.

We already have Global Entry. Should we get this, too??

It's a FREE app for your smart phone, so why not? If you have both, you'll be ready to just get into whichever line is shorter. Just don't press "Submit" on the Mobile Passport app until you're sure that's the method you'll use (it only takes a few seconds to complete the process) since I'm not sure if GE will work properly if you already have submitted a MP transaction.