Dawn - Live 11/27

TheDougOut

Thank you so much for this fantastic thread. I'm loving every minute of it! We're sailing on the Dec 23 Dawn departure, staying in a 2-balcony Owner Suites on Deck 10. I'm a little worried about rough seas and wind, since we'll be right out in front, riding the waves!

Can't wait to see what's next.

Hmmm... looking at my windows (and yours are likely different), I see nothing where you could clamp. If all else fails, the clamp fits on the back of the suite dining chairs. I did this setup for one shot where I wanted the cabin's interior within the view.

I did a 5 sec interval for the flights, which looked great. Since on-board I've been doing 1 sec intervals to catch some of the subtle movements. The trip down the Mississippi is very fun at this pace (1 minute = 1 second). If anything is too slow, we can always speed it up in post.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Doug,

Great info. As to the setup, I was referring to the balcony rails and glass. Will the Clamp work there? (Where Sue is standing in the Balcony picture from Yesterday)

Mark

As to the setup, I was referring to the balcony rails and glass. Will the Clamp work there? (Where Sue is standing in the Balcony picture from Yesterday)

Oh, gotcha. Not sure why I thought you were were referring to one of the non-balcony rooms. I'll look later...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure if this helps but here's a pic I took FROM our aft suite balcony last year 10728, I believe right next to 10730, looking up at the spa windows. The deck 10 balconies if I recall are about half covered, half not.

Edited: I've long thought that the two deck 10 non suite aft balcony cabins were probably the best value on the Dawn. They seem to book very fast!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Great pic and it helps with the perspective.... I have seen videos \ pics of the room and balcony but none looking up!! Thank you!

I originally booked in March and had 9238 with both on 10 gone.... checked one day and 10730 was available and I have never dialed so fast to my CAS PCC. lol

Thank you so much for this fantastic thread. I'm loving every minute of it! We're sailing on the Dec 23 Dawn departure, staying in a 2-balcony Owner Suites on Deck 10. I'm a little worried about rough seas and wind, since we'll be right out in front, riding the waves!

Can't wait to see what's next.

We are on the Dawn Dec. 23rd as well. Cant wait for the xmas cruise. This live review is getting us even more excited about our trip.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Livin & Lovin every minute of your trip!! We'll be sailing on the Dawn 12/30 for New Years Eve, and love seeing the new Dawn through your lenses!! If you're ready for another cruise come join us for New Years. I think you'd fit right in with our group of 50 or so!! Thanks for posting!

If you see No Service or Searching

If you see No Service or Searching on your device, or can't connect to a cellular network or cellular data, follow these steps:

Check your coverage area to make sure that you're in an area with cellular network coverage.

If you can't connect to a cellular network on your iPhone, make sure that cellular data is on in Settings > Cellular*. On your iPad, go to Settings > Cellular Data.

If you're traveling internationally, make sure that your device is set up for data roaming. Go to Settings > Cellular > Data Roaming.

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Learn about the carrier settings updates for your iPhone or iPad.

Carrier settings updates let your carrier provider update carrier network and related settings to improve cellular network connectivity and performance or add support for features like VoLTE or Wi-Fi Calling. For more information on what is included in a carrier settings update, contact your carrier.

When a carrier setting update is available, you will be prompted to install it. If your carrier releases a mandatory update, you'll see an OK button instead of an Update button to let you know that the update was downloaded and installed.

You can manually check for and install a carrier settings update using these steps:

Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.

Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier.

If you insert a new SIM card into your iPhone or iPad, you need to download the carrier settings for your new carrier.