Another coffee question

byanks7

We are sailing on the Princess Caribbean in 2 weeks and I am tying up some loose ends with the help of the cruise critic. I like my coffee on the balcony and have purchased a coffee card. Do you think there would be a problem asking to have my 20 oz insulated mug filled at the IC each morning?

I don't think Mrs Gut's is 20oz, but she sends me to get it filled.

Does anyone know if the room service coffee is the syrup or is it brewed?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is syrup, but I've consumed a lot of the coffee made from concentrate and it is perfectly passable. It is better than the mini-mart and truck stop coffee I've consumed over the years. Coffee is all in the eye of the beholder, but for the uninitiated, don't turn your nose up at the free coffee until you try it.

It is syrup, but I've consumed a lot of the coffee made from concentrate and it is perfectly passable. It is better than the mini-mart and truck stop coffee I've consumed over the years. Coffee is all in the eye of the beholder, but for the uninitiated, don't turn your nose up at the free coffee until you try it.

It's nasty by most people's standards. :(

It is syrup, but I've consumed a lot of the coffee made from concentrate and it is perfectly passable.

Like ground coffee sold at the supermarket, coffee syrup comes in several levels of quality.

It is probably that what is supplied to Princess is not the highest quality syrup available. (high quality=higher cost)

I actually thought the regular coffee in the Horizon Court & MDR wasn't half bad...much better than what I was used to on Royal Caribbean...I bought the coffee card expecting it to be bad...but only used a few punches...and those were for the Iced Green Tea drinks...:D

Your 3rd choice is to have a pot of coffee delivered to your room with room service. IMHO it better than HC more like MDR. It stay hot in the pot for quite a while.

Get breakfast at the same time and really enjoy that balcony...

:cool:

framer