Another coffee question

byanks7

We are sailing on the Princess Caribbean in 2 weeks and I am tying up some loose ends with the help of the cruise critic. I like my coffee on the balcony and have purchased a coffee card. Do you think there would be a problem asking to have my 20 oz insulated mug filled at the IC each morning?

We are sailing on the Princess Caribbean in 2 weeks and I am tying up some loose ends with the help of the cruise critic. I like my coffee on the balcony and have purchased a coffee card. Do you think there would be a problem asking to have my 20 oz insulated mug filled at the IC each morning?

As long as you are going to the IC to get it there shouldn't be a problem.

Should be no problem, did this on the Star Princess up untill last week.

Theo

You do not need to use your coffee card for the regular shipboard coffee , whether you get it from the Horizon Court or from the I.C.

...VTX-Al

You do not need to use your coffee card for the regular shipboard coffee , whether you get it from the Horizon Court or from the I.C.

...VTX-Al

I always thought the IC had fresh brewed coffee instead of the syrup coffee used in the Horizon Court and you got it for free with the coffee card? When I was on the Ruby a couple months ago and asked for a cup of coffee at the IC, they always asked to see my coffee card.

My mom and I had no problem getting drip coffee or lattes in our reusable mugs. I was really happy to use mine because it kept the coffee hot a lot longer than the paper cups and I liked the bonus of keeping a few disposable cups out of the waste stream.

On this cruise we tried the Bounty with dawn (dish soap) built in and they worked really well for washing our mugs between coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day (or tea or whatever). I'm not sure I'll find much use for them at home so one roll is going to last me a long time!

...VTX-Al

Correct & incorrect. Coffee from the Horizon coffee machines-no card

Brewed coffee from the IC-coffee card

Theo

I always thought the IC had fresh brewed coffee instead of the syrup coffee used in the Horizon Court and you got it for free with the coffee card? When I was on the Ruby a couple months ago and asked for a cup of coffee at the IC, they always asked to see my coffee card.

Brewed coffee at the IC is free for the voyage you are on and the card for that voyage. They write the name and date on the card when you buy it. They wanted your card to see if you had one for the voyage you were on and not an old card left over from a different trip.

...VTX-Al

But ... remember, you should never put a used mug or cup up to the machines that dispense coffee, ice, etc in the Horizon court. You may not think it harmful but they ask you to use clean cups / mugs only ... and not your own even if someone thinks it has been rinsed properly. I believe there are signs posted requesting this be done.

Always a coffee card or payment for coffee at IC.

Guess it might be dependent on which ship you are on. We sailed the Grand Vancouver/Hawaii in spring of '15. The only time my wife's coffee card was punched in the I.C. was when we ordered a "special" coffee - regular coffee was always free. In fact, we still have that card which is only about 50% punched, AND, it is not dated , nor does it have "Grand Princess" stamped on it.

...VTX-Al

Edited by VTX-AL

Guess it might be dependent on which ship you are on. We sailed the Grand Vancouver/Hawaii in spring of '15. The only time my wife's coffee card was punched in the I.C. was when we ordered a "special" coffee - regular coffee was always free. In fact, we still have that card which is only about 50% punched, AND, it is not dated , nor does it have "Grand Princess" stamped on it.

...VTX-Al

No, regular coffee at the IC is/was not "free".....you paid for it when you bought the coffee card. Your card gets punched only when you order a specialty coffee.

But ... remember, you should never put a used mug or cup up to the machines that dispense coffee, ice, etc in the Horizon court. You may not think it harmful but they ask you to use clean cups / mugs only ... and not your own even if someone thinks it has been rinsed properly. I believe there are signs posted requesting this be done.

In the past month I never saw even one person use a glass to fill their water bottles or coffee mugs. So much for their suggested rules.

In the past month I never saw even one person use a glass to fill their water bottles or coffee mugs. So much for their suggested rules.

Unfortunately, we also saw more than a few violations of this on the Grand. Unless it was poured from a pitcher or carafe and thus did not touch our cups we always filled a clean glass and then poured into our reusable cups from there.

The incident that disturbed me the most was someone filling their thermos with soup using the ladle and touching it all over the rim yet still managing to spill soup back into the pot. No more soup for me the rest of the cruise......

Since you purchased a coffee card already, brewed coffee at the IC is free and unlimited for your voyage. So no problem filling up your 20oz mug every time you want.

Edited by easyboy

On this cruise we tried the Bounty with dawn (dish soap) built in and they worked really well for washing our mugs between coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day (or tea or whatever). I'm not sure I'll find much use for them at home so one roll is going to last me a long time!

I've never heard of this product, but I looked it up and I'm getting some for my next cruise. I've always avoided bringing along my own mugs on account of not having a good way to clean and sanitize them between use. These paper towels address this exact problem. Thanks.

I found this "clean and sanitize coffee mugs" theme somewhat amusing. After working with long time military, they may just rinse their mugs with tap water at the end of the day. Next morning they start all over with fresh brewed coffee in their mug and repeat ad infinitum.

No, regular coffee at the IC is/was not "free".....you paid for it when you bought the coffee card. Your card gets punched only when you order a specialty coffee.

Correct, but you can get unlimited brewed coffee on your card and the card isn't punched. It is only punched when you get a speciality coffee.