Favorite Foods from Specialty Restaurants

cruising_Bif

Cagneys - pork belly app and lobster bisque was amazing, big chunks of lobster

LaCucina - osso bucco was outstanding. Hubby thought the gorgonzola fillet was more tender than the fillet at Cagneys

Ocean Blue - stone crab claw app is three large claws

LaCucina - osso bucco was outstanding. Hubby thought the gorgonzola fillet was more tender than the fillet at Cagneys

Lobster bisque sounds amazing. My Hubby makes a crab bisque that I just cant quit eating when he makes it. I will for sure put that on my list.

Thank you

what does pork belly taste like? as much as i advocate tasting new things, i could not bring myself to order it friday nite. my friend did like the lobster bisque though.

the stone crabs look like work and i dont like to work for my food ;) i did get the dover sole again and loved it last week

also i had swordfish at MDR for 1st time ever and thought it was good.

last trip teppanyaki filet was better than haven filet.

this trip cagneys was better than teppanyaki

Cagney"s 8 Oz filet, French onion soup, Caesar salad, truffle fries and 2, yes I said 2, raspberry Creme" brûlée.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i really never researched what the truffle fries were but i was not impressed. seemed like same fries the kids got with their hot dogs with maybe a sprinkle of something on but i couldnt even tell.

i'm not a brulee person but i try anything raspberry. i liked the 3 on top but thought maybe the entire 'thing' would be raspberries or something.

its funny how the caesar salads are different place to place. i like a lot of dressing and my friend doesnt. she said one place tasted more tangy and one place loaded up on it and she couldnt eat it. i did like the salmon caesar in osheehans.

the bill was 89 for us and i didnt look at the items since SDP took care of it but anyone who questions buying SDP must not be eating at cagneys and ordering a lot of sides ;) 45 bucks is half the 82 you pay for 3 SDP.

i regret not keeping better food diary for my 2nd trip..sigh. guess will have to do 3rd cruise. :)

The best food I've ever had on a cruise was the mussels appetizer dish in Le Bistro

THIS!!!

I'm so looking forward to this on my cruise next week!

Edit: Just read further in the thread and now I see that they've changed the cream sauce to a wine sauce. So disappointed! At least I know before I go so I can stop looking forward to it and can plan on something else.

Edited by ShelleyQT
Read more info in the thread

I will be sailing next month, but I read no more mussels at LeBistro. Was one of my favorites too!:mad:

Can confirm and very disappointed. I ordered them and was like... umm... where's the cream sauce?!

Also no more wagu sliders at Cagneys... those were amazing!

Edited by RareBird