Showing up to Your Time Dining unannounced?

diesteldorf

There's no 5:30 seating.

Either you have a slot for assigned time or a slot for ATD. The OP is asking if they can show up to ATD unannounced with having an assigned dinner slot. And that you cannot do. Just like you can't do the reverse either. Asking nicely is in fact rude since you've already been given the slot of your choosing with the assigned time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm confused. Isn't YTD the same exact menu but served in a different part of the same MDR (lower level)? So if someone shows up at the correct dining room but a bit later, won't they get served? It's essentially the same as YTD as you show up when you want.

Maybe I'm confused. Isn't YTD the same exact menu but served in a different part of the same MDR (lower level)? So if someone shows up at the correct dining room but a bit later, won't they get served? It's essentially the same as YTD as you show up when you want.

Your time dining allows you show up whenever you want between 6:30-9:00 I believe. Set dining is done in two seatings- early or late. You request one of the 3. If you have early seating, you can't go to late seating. Your space is reserved for that spot and they are using the same dining room space. YTD is held in another dining room but it's only for those that request and get granted a YTD spot. You're not supposed to take advantage and arbitrarily decide that you want to show up in the YTD dining room if you already have early or late seating. Often there's a wait for a table in YTD, so it's inconsiderate of those that actually requested the flexibility of YTD for others who didn't to just show up. I prefer fixed late dining time every night. That's what I request when booking and that's when I show up. If I miss my time, then I miss it. I don't try and get a spot in the YTD dining room and it's unfair to the dining room staff to do so.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I was only asking to see if it was feasible to eat and enjoy at the Chef's Table and then show up later in the evening around 8:30-9:00 if there was a dessert or special appetizer that I really wanted to try.

Probably not an issue at that time of night.

I'm always asked for my cabin number and they print out a table assignment with our names on it. I would think that if you are not YTD, they would see that when looking at your cabin.

I'm sure it does happen occasionally, but it would be chaos if it was allowed on a routine basis.

Suggestion, why not change your choice to YTD and then there's no issue at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's an option, though I have always preferred the early assigned seating, so 4 out of 5 days are no issue.

I suppose if one was eating in the steakhouse, they could reserve it for whatever time they wanted and still eat their regular scheduled MDR meal (or parts of it) if desired.

That's an option, though I have always preferred the early assigned seating, so 4 out of 5 days are no issue.

I suppose if one was eating in the steakhouse, they could reserve it for whatever time they wanted and still eat their regular scheduled MDR meal (or parts of it) if desired.

You have a very hearty appetite. Lol.

Since you're doing the Chef's Table earlier that evening, I'm thinking a slightly more casual approach might work:

Show up at the YTD entrance and tell the host/hostess mournfully "Hi, I participated in the Chef's Table earlier, but I REALLY like _________ and ________ that are on tonight's regular menu. Unfortunately I have early assigned seating. Is there ANY way....?"

Heck, the worst he/she can say is "no." And you've also told them you've already done Chef's Table, which is fairly exclusive. That might militate in your favor. :)

For that matter, this approach could even work in assigned dining, if it's a slow night there.

Since you're doing the Chef's Table earlier that evening, I'm thinking a slightly more casual approach might work:

Show up at the YTD entrance and tell the host/hostess mournfully "Hi, I participated in the Chef's Table earlier, but I REALLY like _________ and ________ that are on tonight's regular menu. Unfortunately I have early assigned seating. Is there ANY way....?"

Heck, the worst he/she can say is "no." And you've also told them you've already done Chef's Table, which is fairly exclusive. That might militate in your favor. :)

For that matter, this approach could even work in assigned dining, if it's a slow night there.

Thanks for the advice. I was contemplating a similar approach, and last year, the chef seemed more than happy to accommodate me when I spoke to him during the actual event and seemed pleased that I was complimenting the food in the MDR, as well as at the Chef's Table.

After all, it's one event where food is the main part of the "entertainment."

It also probably seems silly to talk about being disappointed over the prospect of missing a favorite MDR entree, dessert, or appetizer, but sampling and indulging in different foods is one of the reasons I like to cruse.

Edited by diesteldorf