Summit leaving Martinique in the wrong way

quaker77

I've just found this news about the summit. Sorry for now I can't find a similar text in english on the net.

Maybe cruisers that were on-board have some details about this

To resume the news quickly. The summit left the island on a mysterious trajectory and did a realy close pass on the shore near madiana before doing a complete 180 . Then the boat went back to normal

So anyone else knows more about this .

It's remind me the Costa Concordia disaster at some point

http://www.martinique.franceantilles.mobi/actualite/insolite/l-etrange-trajectoire-du-celebrity-summit-390777.php

Edited by quaker77

I've just found this news about the summit. Sorry for now I can't find a similar text in english on the net.

Maybe cruisers that were on-board have some details about this

To resume the news quickly. The summit left the island on a mysterious trajectory and did a realy close pass on the shore near madiana before doing a complete 180 . Then the boat went back to normal

So anyone else knows more about this .

http://www.martinique.franceantilles.mobi/actualite/insolite/l-etrange-trajectoire-du-celebrity-summit-390777.php

Sometimes they do odd things to calibrate instruments.

We are on this sailing. To be honest, we noticed nothing out of the ordinary. We have sailed close to a number of islands.

Comparing to the Concordia? Really?

Alarmist much?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

We are on this sailing. To be honest, we noticed nothing out of the ordinary. We have sailed close to a number of islands.

Comparing to the Concordia? Really?

Alarmist much?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Not alarmist that's why I wanted you're feedback and they are precious.

The article is refering some mysterious behavior comparing to all the other times. Maybe the close pass was not that much but it's all the 180 and the rest that I wanted to be cleared out by someone.

Seriously? :rolleyes:

How about giving the Captain the benefit of the doubt that there was a valid reason for this maneuver (where nobody was harmed and no damage caused) then comparing it to the Costa Concordia.

180s and figure 8s are done for the enjoymennt of guests on the heli pad on sail away as well ;)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We did an hour or so of 360s off the face of Hubbard glacier this summer. I thought it was to give everyone a good view, but now I realize there must have been some mechanical problem they never told us about. Or maybe the captain couldn't find his way out? Some day the truth will out!

Stan

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sometimes they do odd things to calibrate instruments.

Seriously? :rolleyes:

How about giving the Captain the benefit of the doubt that there was a valid reason for this maneuver (where nobody was harmed and no damage caused) then comparing it to the Costa Concordia.

You both nailed it!

It was a non-event, a routine procedure that is done from time to time.

An announcement was even made right before leaving port that they were going to do this and we would be going around in a circle for a while.

Apparently (like most shipboard announcements) not everyone heard it.

You both nailed it!

It was a non-event, a routine procedure that is done from time to time.

An announcement was even made right before leaving port that they were going to do this and we would be going around in a circle for a while.

Apparently (like most shipboard announcements) not everyone heard it.

And this article was written by someone on land watching, so they definitely wouldn't have heard the announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not alarmist that's why I wanted you're feedback and they are precious.

The article is refering some mysterious behavior comparing to all the other times. Maybe the close pass was not that much but it's all the 180 and the rest that I wanted to be cleared out by someone.

Maybe you werent trying to be alarmist, but you should read your original post again.

You refer to a mysterious trajectory, a close pass to the island and a reference to the Concordia.

I think I found the reference to the Concordia offensive, as that Captain failed at all levels.

Captain Kate doesn't deserve to be lumped in there. We had a lovely sailing!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Forums mobile app

Several martiniquais inhabitants alerted us on the strange trajectory of Celebrity Summit, Tuesday evening. The liner of the company " Celebrity Cruises " and its 2449 passengers were authorised to leave the harbour of Fort-de-France.

Between 17 h 42 and 18 h 18 according to a very definite witness, instead of joining its maritime road in the open sea, west / northwest direction, «the liner has obliqué in front of Batelière, taken full North, shaved the coast in front of Madiana for shortly, practically on the spot, to turn around in front of Schoelcher, to take back the same road in the opposite direction to owing the mouth of the roadstead then transferred also coldly westward northwest to take back the habitual road».

The stage, qualified as "curious " and "unusual" for those who attended it took several residents aback. Questioned on Wednesday morning, the port authority of the Big Seaport of Martinique pointed out not having had wind of this event which, fortunately, rather ended well. The ship having taken back its road without hitch.