Carnival Raises Bottled Water Prices ... Again

LauraS

You ignoring the whole part about restricting bringing the product on board, and as such due to this restriction, "we" will offer it to you at such and such price.

Your answer is in post 100, reap what you sew.

Sent from my iPhone

My thoughts exactly! If $1.50 is going to cause someone to have to re-examine their vacation budget, maybe they shouldn't be going on vacation. :rolleyes:

It was a comment that one thing going up may affect other purchases. Not the $1.50, or whatever it is. It's higher cost on multiple bottles that I'll buy a day over the course of a cruise, plus gratuities, plus all the other things I buy on a cruise like exercise classes & a balcony or a good flight. For me it is all part of the same vacation cost, and I don't think it's wrong to be aware of having some sort of budget in mind. I hope I never feel the need to look down on someone for having a budget.

In the past I've bought the large water bottles which I thought were over $4 each - I don't know if they are higher now. I believe Jimbo5544 was good enough to just post he didn't think they were higher. It's always nice when folks here can just comment without being snarky.

Edited by CanWeGoYet?

You ignoring the whole part about restricting bringing the product on board, and as such due to this restriction, "we" will offer it to you at such and such price.

Didn't ignore anything. Just looking at it differently. They restricted bringing on bottles due to people smuggling. It is what it is. Don't like it, don't buy it. Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing you to purchase bottled water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You volunteer for that restriction when choosing Carnival to cruise on. Don't like the restriction, don't cruise on Carnival.

BTW, there is no policy on bringing water on board. You just can't bring "bottled" water or soda on board (thank you smugglers). You are fully allowed to bring canned water on board (and yes, there is such a thing).

Ugh. Really, Carnival? $4.50 is ridiculous. $2.99 was at least reasonable, $3.99 was in the 'less so' territory. I'm sure by the time I sail in 2018 it'll be $10 at the rate we're going.

(I drink a LOT of bottled water onboard - I have kidney issues and desalinized water is not ideal.)

It's still a bargain compared to the over $35.00 we pay on Disney Cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was a comment that one thing going up may affect other purchases. Not the $1.50, or whatever it is. It's higher cost on multiple bottles that I'll buy a day over the course of a cruise, plus gratuities, plus all the other things I buy on a cruise like exercise classes & a balcony or a good flight. For me it is all part of the same vacation cost, and I don't think it's wrong to be aware of having some sort of budget in mind. I hope I never feel the need to look down on someone for having a budget.

In the past I've bought the large water bottles which I thought were over $4 each - I don't know if they are higher now. I believe Jimbo5544 was good enough to just post he didn't think they were higher. It's always nice when folks here can just comment without being snarky.

great comment! Some seem to be going out of their way to be sarcastic.