Carnival Raises Bottled Water Prices ... Again

LauraS

Ugh. Really, Carnival? $4.50 is ridiculous. $2.99 was at least reasonable, $3.99 was in the 'less so' territory. I'm sure by the time I sail in 2018 it'll be $10 at the rate we're going.

(I drink a LOT of bottled water onboard - I have kidney issues and desalinized water is not ideal.)

Ugh. Really, Carnival? $4.50 is ridiculous. $2.99 was at least reasonable, $3.99 was in the 'less so' territory. I'm sure by the time I sail in 2018 it'll be $10 at the rate we're going.

(I drink a LOT of bottled water onboard - I have kidney issues and desalinized water is not ideal.)

I don't do well without bottled water too. I know there is still salt in everything you eat / coffee on board etc, but I don't get a tight swollen up face if I drink bottled water as well. I guess this will cut into my excursion budget. Wishing carnival would come up with a beverage package that covered bottled water & premium coffee, juice bar etc.

This is Carnival's way of softening the blow of banning carrying on bottled water...charge reasonable prices, and then continue to jack the price up over time to temper the backlash.

Just how stupid does Carnival think it's customers are?

I don't do well without bottled water too. I know there is still salt in everything you eat / coffee on board etc, but I don't get a tight swollen up face if I drink bottled water as well. I guess this will cut into my excursion budget. Wishing carnival would come up with a beverage package that covered bottled water & premium coffee, juice bar etc.

Unfortunately, no beverage packages on my cruise - it's a charter. I wish they would explain why they don't sell them or charters, because every other cruise line does.

This is Carnival's way of softening the blow of banning carrying on bottled water...charge reasonable prices, and then continue to jack the price up over time to temper the backlash.

Some of us just really don't care what bottled water prices go to. Tap water is free and I can bring a bottle. ;)

There is only a negligible amount of sodium in the tap water. The same with bottled waters.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1159919

There is only a negligible amount of sodium in the tap water. The same with bottled waters.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1159919

Yeah, I hear that. And I have tried drinking only ship water & then supplementing with bottled. I know for me, it physically makes a difference. I don't know if it's the saline or something else in the ships water, nor do I care.

Funny huh? You might like this... it's all about how to 'boil the frog slowly.'

http://www.lessons4living.com/wmaz_week200.htm

I have cruised A LOT

Well people consider it smart to spend up to $80 for FTTF. A non-tangible product that keeps going up at a much higher rate with no increased benefit. Not sure why Carnival would think people mind spending an extra $1.50 for water when they don't blink at the rate other things increase.

Ice tea, lemonade, coffee, hot chocolate, soups, gravies, water served in the MDR, water in a scotch and water...all concocted with ship's water. Bottled water, no mater its source, isn't healthier, doesn't contain less chemicals, isn't a "no sodium" alternative. It is just a convenience.

Worried about what is in "water" bring along a Britta pitcher and a filter (no one will stop you) and a tumbler and make your own bottled water...and you can use it when you get home, too.

Or try these: http://www.thekitchn.com/5-water-bottles-with-builtin-filters-product-roundup-190450

For those of us that lived in a world before disposable plastic bottles we know that it is possible to live without "bottled water"....but, ahh, the younger generation has been programmed and marketed to believe that water is only "good" when it "costs" something. I am sure all the hype has made a nice profit for beverage manufacturers the world over, not just for the "retail" end like a cruise line.