Carnival Raises Bottled Water Prices ... Again

LauraS

Yes they raised the price 50% in the last few months, but I think it's still a deal I did buy it at the $3.99 price already for my cruise next year, but I would still buy it at the new price. I think it it's well worth it not to have to go up to the Lido or wherever to grab a bottle of water. When I go to the football game a bottle of water is $5.00 so yes, I don't think it's that out of line. Just my opinion.

LOL, show me a business entity that is not interested in profits (including cruise lines.....). That said, Carnival ranks low on the nickel and diming aspect that most of its competitors do....thank heaven.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This!!!! Have you looked at NCL lately? No water or soda can be brought on board prices went up for everything, no lobster, even in the pay restaurants. Talk about nickeling and diming. That cruise line is doing it moreso than Carnival.

Hoping this is a joke...$1.50 more:rolleyes:

I haven't cruised Carnival in a while. I don't know what the large bottled waters cost now, but if they have gone up a lot - yeah it could make a difference in how much money I have to spend elsewhere. I drink 2 of those bottles a day. They used to be over $4 each if memory serves. It all adds up, on board costs make a difference. At least for me.

I haven't cruised Carnival in a while. I don't know what the large bottled waters cost now, but if they have gone up a lot - yeah it could make a difference in how much money I have to spend elsewhere. I drink 2 of those bottles a day. They used to be over $4 each if memory serves. It all adds up, on board costs make a difference. At least for me.

This price increase is on the 16 oz 12 pack. I have not hear of this large bottle price changes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For those of us that lived in a world before disposable plastic bottles we know that it is possible to live without "bottled water"....but, ahh, the younger generation has been programmed and marketed to believe that water is only "good" when it "costs" something. I am sure all the hype has made a nice profit for beverage manufacturers the world over, not just for the "retail" end like a cruise line.

The whole bottled water thing is one of the biggest scams ever perpetrated, and the success is the result in most cases of naivete, gullibility, and susceptibility to marketing. And the "fitness waters" and "vitamin waters" are even sillier. Some of them have 7% of the RDA of sodium in one bottle, and others are full of sugar...and there are enough gullible people out there that the Vitamin Water developer is now a billionaire.

Not to mention the adverse effects on the environment of all of those plastic bottles.

The whole bottled water thing is one of the biggest scams ever perpetrated, and the success is the result in most cases of naivete, gullibility, and susceptibility to marketing. And the "fitness waters" and "vitamin waters" are even sillier. Some of them have 7% of the RDA of sodium in one bottle, and others are full of sugar...and there are enough gullible people out there that the Vitamin Water developer is now a billionaire.

Not to mention the adverse effects on the environment of all of those plastic bottles.

I have city water at home however it has a bad smell and tastes funny. Though it's fine to drink I buy bottled because even when refrigerated the water smells. This does not make me naive, gullible or any other name you can think of. We all spend money on what we deem worth it. I'm sure you spend money on something someone else would find wasteful.

Don't feel bad about the price increase - NCL is charging this:

"Bottled Water Packages 24-pack (500-milliliter bottles)

Hydrate yourself! Pre-order Aquafina® bottles of water that will be delivered directly to your stateroom. A savings of over 42%.

PRICE $53.04"

I will gladly pay CCL's price!

Don't feel bad about the price increase - NCL is charging this:

"Bottled Water Packages 24-pack (500-milliliter bottles)

Hydrate yourself! Pre-order Aquafina® bottles of water that will be delivered directly to your stateroom. A savings of over 42%.

PRICE $53.04"

I will gladly pay CCL's price!

And that's the price if you buy it before the cruise and saving 42%:eek:.

I don't do well without bottled water too. I know there is still salt in everything you eat / coffee on board etc, but I don't get a tight swollen up face if I drink bottled water as well. I guess this will cut into my excursion budget. Wishing carnival would come up with a beverage package that covered bottled water & premium coffee, juice bar etc.

Wait, $4.50 is cutting into your excursion budget???

Edited by ItsAllAboutTheSass

WATER is free (or at least it is covered in the cruise fare) on all cruises. It may not be exactly the tasting experience some folks want, it may not come in a convenient collapsible plastic container, it may not have all the "marketing" bells and whistles that consumers crave, it may be desalinated (millions of people the world over are alive because of desalinated water) but it is life sustaining water.

I could care less about "bottled water". A glass straight out of the tap is fine for me. So just like fru-fru coffee, soda, alcoholic beverages I don't want to be "paying" for someone else's beyond the norm choices. And, hopefully, people do realize that a pack of water costs a lot more than just the wholesale price of the plastic and the water...that's a whole other paragraph.

If you "like and want" bottled water...pay for it. Eventually all the complaints about price increases really do fall on deaf ears and become more and more about self-entitlement than cruise-line defects.

One of my first jobs when I was a kid (around 9 or so) was going to the local spring in our town to fill up gallon jugs with spring water for a quarter. Never knew that I was such a visionary:).

While I know they keep moving it up, at $4.50 it is only just above .37 a bottle, and I cannot for the life of me find a way to complain about that. It's a good price.

I think people are just grousing about the principle of the thing. They started at a very low price point and have since raised the price 50%. Still a decent price, but people are feeling gouged.

I think people are just grousing about the principle of the thing. They started at a very low price point and have since raised the price 50%. Still a decent price, but people are feeling gouged.

That's where having perspective helps.:)

I agree with the other poster that their intent is to get it back up again. They lowered it initially so that people wouldn't be as upset that no bottles are allowed now but will slowly raise the price to get it back to a ridiculous price point. Hoping that people will do exactly what is happening here, by saying it's only a small increase. And by doing it in increments hoping to not tick off as many people.

I agree with the other poster that their intent is to get it back up again. They lowered it initially so that people wouldn't be as upset that no bottles are allowed now but will slowly raise the price to get it back to a ridiculous price point. Hoping that people will do exactly what is happening here, by saying it's only a small increase. And by doing it in increments hoping to not tick off as many people.

What did they lower it from?