New P & O web site

Scuttlebutter

What do you think about P & O's new booking web site?

On the last version I did not like having to do the - Please tell us about yourself - page each time you want to do a dummy price enquiry. It is still there although you can just put an initial for each passenger to save some keystrokes. The other thing that seems odd is on the first cabin type price page the lowest lead price is sometimes not available on the next grade prices available. :confused:

It seems ok, although the search function on the front page doesn't appear to be functioning. You've always been able to put a single initial to skip through the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What about peninsular number, can you get away with any old rubbish or does it need to be your genuine number to see any discounts that may be applicable?

I have just tried the search....put in a cruise number eg x704 and the cruise came up....

I tried to just search on December 2016 but it is greyed out - yet when you search on duration there are spaces on at least one December cruise [emoji102]

What about peninsular number, can you get away with any old rubbish or does it need to be your genuine number to see any discounts that may be applicable?

I've always left that blank, I'm usually just tracking prices so for that it doesn't matter that much, as I can still trend spot.

Edited by Florry

The other thing that seems odd is on the first cabin type price page the lowest lead price is sometimes not available on the next grade prices available. :confused:

I noticed this too. It quotes a price as "Balcony Cabin, from £999" (excuse me for plucking numbers out of thin air) but then you get to the next page and it says the cheapest balcony cabin is £1,250.

Dan

I noticed that on ports with overnight stays it groups the days together and when opening up the port info then it doesn't give any idea of what time of day the departure is. e.g. "Alta, Norway Arrive early afternoon – *".

I know P&O are reluctant to let you know actual departure times but it would be useful to get some idea!

I think it's a missed opportunity to improve the website significantly. It is still clunky - you have to go through the booking process to get a quote and also you still cannot see live availability. I have several saved cruises and now they're lost.

At first glance I though it was quicker and clearer but now, I feel there's pros and cons. Having completed a couple of surveys recently I don't think they have addressed some of the issues that they are clearly aware of - based on the wording of the questions.

I think it's a missed opportunity to improve the website significantly. It is still clunky - you have to go through the booking process to get a quote and also you still cannot see live availability. I have several saved cruises and now they're lost.

At first glance I though it was quicker and clearer but now, I feel there's pros and cons. Having completed a couple of surveys recently I don't think they have addressed some of the issues that they are clearly aware of - based on the wording of the questions.

Hello,

The secret of any good survey is to word the questions to get the answers you want.:rolleyes:

Regards,

Cublet

Hello,

The secret of any good survey is to word the questions to get the answers you want.:rolleyes:

Regards,

Cublet

Well I promise you the didn't get the answers they might have wanted from me about their website and the booking process. No holds barred as far as I was concerned

I have to say that as commercial websites go, the current P&O website now ranks amongst the worst on the internet.

Information is difficult to find as search doesn't work.

It's often as slow as cold treacle.

It's a really good example of trying to look really cool whilst actually being really useless.

Did P&O do any usability testing when they designed it?

Did P&O do any functional testing when they developed it?

Did P&O do any final testing with different browsers?

VP

I have 3 cruises booked with p&o and lost the ability to find them in saved cruises also when I searched for our adonia cruise d716 or as on the old site d716p a load of rubbish came up much like the new p&o website would not consider booking a holiday on this site it has proven to me how good our t/a is

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really struggling to find cruises on the new website, I seem to have to click and click and click to eventually get something i am looking for. It's not intuitive and I've ended up reverting to manual brochures and agent websites. As for removing the saved cruises option, I can only think they believe it will stop people tracking prices - but sadly it also stops you comparing options etc. I much preferred the previous version and I wonder if they did any end-user trials before the launch.

• 4 weeks later...

The saved cruises function DOES work !!

Pick your cruise then you will see

Overview - Pricing - Itinerary - Whats Included - Cabins - Ships - FAQ

Next to the FAQ is a heart symbol - click that and it will save that itinerary

I use google chrome and did this earlier and have come back to my laptop later and opened the P&O website and the 2 cruises - one of which I have booked - and one I`ve got my eye on - are still there in my "saved cruises" so it is possible !!

Also the new brochure is out in April 2017 for cruises from October 2017 to March 2018

Edited by cruisefan2012

The saved cruises function DOES work !!

Pick your cruise then you will see

Overview - Pricing - Itinerary - Whats Included - Cabins - Ships - FAQ

Next to the FAQ is a heart symbol - click that and it will save that itinerary

I use google chrome and did this earlier and have come back to my laptop later and opened the P&O website and the 2 cruises - one of which I have booked - and one I`ve got my eye on - are still there in my "saved cruises" so it is possible !!

Also the new brochure is out in April 2017 for cruises from October 2017 to March 2018

Ooh thanks for that!

One thing I do like about the new site is it is so much easier to just see the no-fly cruises - on the old site I would keep clicking the button but it didn't work half the time!