FTTF question

KMYork

We are booked on Glory for Feb 11 out of Miami. We want to book FTTF but it is sold out. Do they ever open up more spots as the cruise date gets closer? Appreciate any insight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, slots open up either due to Carnival adding more slots or due to people who booked it canceling either the FTTF or their cruise in general. Many people who really want it check each day to see if a slot has opened. Sometimes people on the thread about that particular cruise will keep an eye out for others as well. Good luck.

I've had the same problem for our sailing later this week. Been checking multiple times a day when I can. Scored FTTF the other day BUT only for one cabin (we have 2). Hoping another opens up but if not, I'll need to cancel the one we do have. (Probably make someone else happy LOL!) So, yes, keep checking. I'd heard first thing in the morning worked for some, not sure why, but that's when I found the one I got!

We are booked on Glory for Feb 11 out of Miami. We want to book FTTF but it is sold out. Do they ever open up more spots as the cruise date gets closer? Appreciate any insight.

Sent fSometimes but don't count on it rom my iPad using Forums

Sometimes but don't count on it. You saved $70.

Faster to the fun is usually available at the 80 day mark (final payment period) when a lot of people who had FTTF are not able to finish paying and cancel. I figure you are past that period so you just have to keep checking. I know others are saying it's not worth it and you should save your money. I tell you it's worth it for sure. It's not just for boarding. There are a lot of other benefits to it. Too bad they raised the price so high though. It as $59.95 when I bought it.

If they desire to get an FTTF slot they probably don't worry about the cost of it so more than someone who desires any other excursion.

Exactly! It's worth it to me so I'll pay the $70. I don't criticize people for things I would think as extravagant, I like what I like and others can like what they like.

Exactly! It's worth it to me so I'll pay the $70. I don't criticize people for things I would think as extravagant, I like what I like and others can like what they like.

I read riclops post. He said if you don't get FTTF, you would have saved $70....how is that critical? It's actually spot on true

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

I read riclops post. He said if you don't get FTTF, you would have saved $70....how is that critical? It's actually spot on true

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Actually, there is no "would" in riclops post. His/Hers in between the lines message is "hopefully you won't get FTTF because it's a waste of money". If someone can't get an excursion they want they are not worried about the money being saved, they are a upset about not getting the excursion they want and that is the dig in riclops' post.

Actually, there is no "would" in riclops post. His/Hers in between the lines message is "hopefully you won't get FTTF because it's a waste of money". If someone can't get an excursion they want they are not worried about the money being saved, they are a upset about not getting the excursion they want and that is the dig in riclops' post.

Nerd, be reasonable....how can you know what riclops "in between" message could possibly be? How do you even know there is an "in between" message? Why would one poster care if another poster spent/saved $70? What he typed was not critical....He/she said if you don't get FTTF, you save $70....That is a critical statement?

Edited by First and Ten

Not to be "critical" but FTTF is a program by Carnival designed only to generate revenue. Not many things in life can a company charge for that is free. The person that "saves" $70.00 will still get the exact same product, but maybe a little later.

It's like tipping. I tip my 15% on a drink, the bartender gives me. Some people tip 15% plus a $1.00 sometimes making it up to more than a 30% tip. I get the same service, but the big tipper "thinks" they are getting better service than me.

Once on a cruise, people throw tipping around to try to get things better. FTTF is nothing more than paying for something that the person next to you still gets for free.

Carnival recognizes that fact, and takes advantage of it. Than, they began to get greedy, and raised the price to $70.00.

Not to be "critical" but FTTF is a program by Carnival designed only to generate revenue. Not many things in life can a company charge for that is free. The person that "saves" $70.00 will still get the exact same product, but maybe a little later.

It's like tipping. I tip my 15% on a drink, the bartender gives me. Some people tip 15% plus a $1.00 sometimes making it up to more than a 30% tip. I get the same service, but the big tipper "thinks" they are getting better service than me.

Once on a cruise, people throw tipping around to try to get things better. FTTF is nothing more than paying for something that the person next to you still gets for free.

Carnival recognizes that fact, and takes advantage of it. Than, they began to get greedy, and raised the price to $70.00.

Fun, I totally agree....FTTF is one of the great marketing tools, Carnival should be applauded for coming up with this idea. To your point, they are charging for something that doesn't cost Carnival anything. Its 100% pure profit....What I think is truly amazing, there are some lemmings out there that say "I will not cruise without it" :eek:....Its like the Jedi mind trick "These aren't the droids you are looking for and you cannot possibly consider a cruise without FTTF" :D

Edited by First and Ten

I have always said this to anyone who asks is it worth it. You are buying time, that's all. If you are content in keeping your $70 and getting on the ship a little later, on the tender a little later, your luggage a little later and to the guest services desk a little later, then save your money.

We booked our cruise for February 27, 2017 on December 1st. There was still FTTF available and we were able to get one. We also have friends on this cruise and they were able to get one also.

FTTF is completely worth it for us for the main reason of being able to go straight to our room and drop off our stuff. Honestly, this is the only reason we really got it the first time and will continue to get it in the future.

We always carry on and never check luggage so not having to carry our luggage around while waiting for the rooms to open up makes it worth it for us. Our first cruise was just my husband and I but we are bringing our 3 children this time on their first cruise and having us all carrying around luggage just isn't going to work for us so FTTF was the first thing I looked for after I booked. Some people will say it's a waste of money to use it just for the benefit of being able to go to our rooms early but it's my money and I don't think it's a waste.

It was cheaper when we got it in 2015 than it is now but still worth it for us. I guess we will just be those people who always look for FTTF for every cruise. Would we enjoy the cruise any less if we didn't get it, no but we also don't feel like we wasted the money by getting it. To each his own.

Nerd, be reasonable....how can you know what riclops "in between" message could possibly be? How do you even know there is an "in between" message? Why would one poster care if another poster spent/saved $70? What he typed was not critical....He/she said if you don't get FTTF, you save $70....That is a critical statement?

Posters here almost always think they are allowed to tell someone how to spend their money or which things on a cruise ship are important or a waste. So nothing new with this statement. I'm not the only one in this thread who took it as an ongoing stink against those who want to purchase FTTF. I am sure you've seen many threads and heated arguments against it. But as for his or her post, it's all in the wording used. It funny you keep trying to repeat his/her statement but have failed twice. First, there was no "would" that you added. Now you dropped the "d" in saved. that's my point. Saying You would save $70" or "You can save $70" is perfectly innocent. On the other hand, using past tense "You saved $70" for something that is in the future, to me is just another one of those just below the radar digs that so many people here use to try to stay within TOA while telling someone that what they are doing is stupid or useless. Now, it could have been poor grammer but one would think that someone with 13,444 posts fully understands how to properly type their intent on a message board.

What program isn't designed to generate revenue? Isn't that the purpose of owning a business or are you giving a lecture on Business 101? The purpose of FTTF is to allow people to pay for the privileges of a higher tier before they actually get to that higher tier. In fact, some things were added to the higher tier specifically because of the creation of FTTF. If a person finds the benefits worth the money to them no one else has a right to belittle them for wanting to pay for those benefits.

Fun, I totally agree....FTTF is one of the great marketing tools, Carnival should be applauded for coming up with this idea. To your point, they are charging for something that doesn't cost Carnival anything. Its 100% pure profit....What I think is truly amazing, there are some lemmings out there that say "I will not cruise without it" :eek:....Its like the Jedi mind trick "These aren't the droids you are looking for and you cannot possibly consider a cruise without FTTF" :D

This is exactly the belittling type of comment I was talking about. How dare you belittle someone because they wish to purchase a service provided by a company. I'm guessing you're one of those Platinum's/Diamond's who don't think others below you should be allowed to purchase that service. :mad:

What program isn't designed to generate revenue? Isn't that the purpose of owning a business or are you giving a lecture on Business 101? The purpose of FTTF is to allow people to pay for the privileges of a higher tier before they actually get to that higher tier. In fact, some things were added to the higher tier specifically because of the creation of FTTF. If a person finds the benefits worth the money to them no one else has a right to belittle them for wanting to pay for those benefits.

I don't believe anyone is belittling anyone. Carnival Marketing team, has come up with a way to increase profit (100% since this cost nothing to Carnival) and sell a product, which is completely "free" to the consumer, and makes them feel great about it.

Example, family of 4 loves it because they get to drop their bags off fast in their rooms, and they carry the bags on. The other family, hands their bags to the porter, carries one back-pack with a few cameras etc and goes to the buffet with their kids for lunch. Than signs up at the kid's club. Take a walk around the ship, and let the kids see it. Than go to their room at 1:00 and they most likely will get their bags soon after that.

First family paid $70.00 for the privilege of carrying 4 pieces of luggage (one for each person), doing all the work themselves that the ship offers a free service for, and are very happy to unpack first, than go to the buffet and explore the ship.

The only difference is that one family did all the work, lugged their own luggage, and they paid for it.

Now, of course, if the person feels that paying Carnival $70.00 and than doing all the work themselves saving Carnival even more money it's wonderful! (for Carnival of course)

I find paying $100 a day for alcohol to be sheer lunacy. However, to each his own. I love FTTF and will willingly pay for it if it saves me 10 minutes of time at embarkation, disembarkation, or at Guest Services.

Drinking is important to some. For others, saving time is important. I make enough money where I won't even notice being down $70.

Edited by cruizergal70

I don't believe anyone is belittling anyone. Carnival Marketing team, has come up with a way to increase profit (100% since this cost nothing to Carnival) and sell a product, which is completely "free" to the consumer, and makes them feel great about it.

Example, family of 4 loves it because they get to drop their bags off fast in their rooms, and they carry the bags on. The other family, hands their bags to the porter, carries one back-pack with a few cameras etc and goes to the buffet with their kids for lunch. Than signs up at the kid's club. Take a walk around the ship, and let the kids see it. Than go to their room at 1:00 and they most likely will get their bags soon after that.

First family paid $70.00 for the privilege of carrying 4 pieces of luggage (one for each person), doing all the work themselves that the ship offers a free service for, and are very happy to unpack first, than go to the buffet and explore the ship.

The only difference is that one family did all the work, lugged their own luggage, and they paid for it.

Now, of course, if the person feels that paying Carnival $70.00 and than doing all the work themselves saving Carnival even more money it's wonderful! (for Carnival of course)

I wonder how many people who purchase FTTF actually carry their luggage on the ship? Our family is like family #2 as far as what we carry on but we still don't want to lug it around. Do you know anyone personally who has purchased FTTF? Because I don't think you can relate to people who feel the benefits are worthwhile.

Posters here almost always think they are allowed to tell someone how to spend their money or which things on a cruise ship are important or a waste. So nothing new with this statement. I'm not the only one in this thread who took it as an ongoing stink against those who want to purchase FTTF. I am sure you've seen many threads and heated arguments against it. But as for his or her post, it's all in the wording used. It funny you keep trying to repeat his/her statement but have failed twice. First, there was no "would" that you added. Now you dropped the "d" in saved. that's my point. Saying You would save $70" or "You can save $70" is perfectly innocent. On the other hand, using past tense "You saved $70" for something that is in the future, to me is just another one of those just below the radar digs that so many people here use to try to stay within TOA while telling someone that what they are doing is stupid or useless. Now, it could have been poor grammer but one would think that someone with 13,444 posts fully understands how to properly type their intent on a message board.

If you don't get FTTF, you SAVE $70

I decided not to purchase FTTF, so I SAVED $70

There is no hidden meaning in saying Save or Saved, I am saying the exact same thing

Now that the grammar lesson is over, and I am sure Riclop can clarify, I was just commenting that his/her post wasn't critical. If you decided not to get FTTF you have SAVED $70

If Riclop said "people who purchase FTTF are foolish" then I would say yes, that is being critical. By stating a fact that if you don't purchase FTTF, for whatever reason, you SAVE $70

Edited by First and Ten

We carry on all our luggage no matter what, whether we have FTTF or not. I am not willing to take the chance of my luggage leaving my hands and getting misplaced/lost and me spending vacation time worrying about when it will show up. I am also this way with flying, etc...I always carry on. So do I feel that I have paid Carnival $70 so that I could carry my own luggage and do all the work myself, no. I feel that I have paid carnival $70 for the option of going to my room early, unpacking and getting situated so that I can be ready when the ship departs and not have to worry about that later. That is what I am paying $70 for along with the other benefits that come along with it.

I believe that is where one of the other posters mentioned that someone was belittling FTTF purchasers by calling us Lemmings. I do not follow the crowd just because I purchase FTTF. I purchase it because it works best for my family and to us it's not a waste of money.