irons on Oasis

I know this has been asked before but I can't find the answer. I'm sorry. Are there irons in the rooms or any public place on the ship. Does everybody send all of there shirts to be pressed on the first night. T I A :-)

No irons onboard and no irons allowed brought on to the ship. Have to send it out.

I know this has been asked before but I can't find the answer. I'm sorry. Are there irons in the rooms or any public place on the ship. Does everybody send all of there shirts to be pressed on the first night. T I A :-)

no irons in any cabin on any ship. On Oasis you have to have it done

No washers/dryers/irons on any RC ship. Also no irons/steamers allowed on board - will be confiscated.

You can send items out to be washed/dry cleaned/pressed only. You can pay extra for same day service, otherwise it is a 1 or 2 day service depending when you give to your room steward.

There is also a bag wash usually offered half way through a cruise for $30-35 for everything you can stuff in a bag - returned washed and folded; not ironed. Used for underwear, socks, t-shirts, etc.

I steam mine using the shower and a closed bathroom door if the starch didn't hold up.

I can just imagine what would happen when somebody who also ignored the safety briefing plugged in an iron.

Man the lifeboats!!!

I steam mine using the shower and a closed bathroom door if the starch didn't hold up.

I can just imagine what would happen when somebody who also ignored the safety briefing plugged in an iron.

Man the lifeboats!!!

Thousands have ignored the ban on irons or did not know about it and brought an iron. Nothing happened. Except that some of the irons were discovered and taken away from passengers. Also many cruise lines have laundry rooms with irons. And some don't.

What I do is the steam in the shower and I bring a bottle of Downey Wrinkle Releaser. Those usually do the job good enough. If they don't I send a garment to be pressed. I won't break the bank....

Edited by Charles4515

I'm from the UK & got off the oasis last Sunday.

After reading about a spray,that was recommended on here,I went & bought some from Walmart.

We don't sell it over here & I was really impressed with it.

Is it called an anti crease spray.basically you hung your clothes up,sprayed them & then gave them a little pull & the creases came out.

I wish we sold it in our supermarkets.i would definitely recommend it.

Tracy x

After reading about a spray,that was recommended on here,I went & bought some from Walmart.

Is it called an anti crease spray.basically you hung your clothes up,sprayed them & then gave them a little pull & the creases came out.

Tracy x

What I use is called Downy Wrinkle Releaser. Works pretty well. There are two sizes 16 oz and 3 oz. I pack two 3 oz bottles and refill them at home from the 16 oz size when they get used up. In most US supermarkets they only have the large size. I got the travel size on Amazon. You might check Amazon UK and see if they carry it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk8bd6837d9201b4bbf8a5434fd59216a0.jpg

Edited by Charles4515

Tracy x[/QUOT

Just a heads up, Downey Wrinkle Release (or even generic store brand) does work well; however, just a warning - it is a good idea to test first on a hem or inconspicuous spot - a couple of people have reported "spotting" or marks on some fabrics.

You can't bring steamers? Those don't seem like a safety hazard. Especially since all they do is blow hot steam and are much less hot than curling irons and flatirons, which can burn furniture.

Steamers are on the prohibited list:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608

That's a bummer. I just got a really nice one too [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums