Harmony or oasis class sofa bed size

benee16

Does the bed pull out like the usual sofabeds? Also does the top cushion come off the couch. I'm wondering if my daughter would just sleep on the cushion and son on the bed. Unfortunately its a cruise in April and we did not find any with pullmans. I wish if the bed would be too small for 2, that they didn't let you sign up for the room. I have been trying to find a picture of the bed on the Harmony, but I can't find any with the bed open.

The person on the phone said she could not put in a request for it, but when I get on the boat to ask the steward for one. So I guess we will see what happens, but I would still like to know about the couch.

We always get a balcony room for our family of 3, what I've found best is get a room with a pull down bed and a sofa bed and I let my 19 year old daughter pick which one she wants. She always picks the pull down from the ceiling bed. We're doing this same room again this year when we go on Allure in July..

The person on the phone said she could not put in a request for it, but when I get on the boat to ask the steward for one. So I guess we will see what happens, but I would still like to know about the couch.

Unless you are in at least a GS, there would be absolutely nowhere to put a rollaway. Have you considered an inside for the teens?

We sailed the Harmony transatlantic with my 15 year old daughter sleeping on the pull out couch. It is only large enough for 1 sleeping across both seat cushions. It isn't as large as a regular pull out sofa where 2 can sleep in the opposite direction. Our attendant left it continuously set up as a bed. You can see the cushions at the end of the sofa next to the balcony door. There was only enough room to walk between the sofa and dresser to get to our balcony door so there wouldn't be enough room for a portable cot or mattress.

IMG_1530.jpg.9a113981c3d8dca6f1766d9091b25e43.jpg

My daughter is a skinny thing, and has slept on the couch bed cushions in another hotel we were in because she wanted to. So maybe we can put those down and she could do that if she can't share with her brother. Wonder if the couch is attached to the wall. If we pull it away from the wall the inside person wouldn't feel trapped. Let me ask you, how do they think 4 adults would be able to sleep in this room? Do you think the couch is wider than the twin bed? Sorry so many questions, but I'm wondering whether I should just cancel the trip, or whether there would be a way to work it out. Usually we get pull down beds or two rooms. But we were making the best of a trip to Florida by adding this cruise last minute. My kids are flexible, which is good, but I don't know how to configure this room to make it work.

There is no room for a rollaway. They will not bring you one, no matter what the person the phone says. Trust CC.

I could not find any Balcony cabins on Harmony or Anthem that that Pullmans. Not saying they are not available but I have looked thru the plans and found none. I personally think Royal is doing away with them.

The kids will be tight period. I have not been on Harmony but from past cruises the sofa bed is no where close to a queen.

Yes they allow 4 in a room, but of course once you make that mistake once, you know not to do it again. I am probably going to bring a folding foam mattress which I could stash under the bed during the day. The foam will allow me to squish it between the couch bed and desk if the bed is too small. Sad that I have to do this, but I know the cruise will be worth it.

Did the person who shared that picture with you identify which ship and cabin type that picture was taken on? Not all ships and cabin types have the same sofabeds. Anthem and Harmony seem to have similar fixtures in their cabins even though they are different class ships. That picture does look like a newer ship from the colors in the cabin.

We sailed the Harmony transatlantic with my 15 year old daughter sleeping on the pull out couch. It is only large enough for 1 sleeping across both seat cushions. It isn't as large as a regular pull out sofa where 2 can sleep in the opposite direction. Our attendant left it continuously set up as a bed. You can see the cushions at the end of the sofa next to the balcony door. There was only enough room to walk between the sofa and dresser to get to our balcony door so there wouldn't be enough room for a portable cot or mattress.

Do you know if the bottom pulled out like the picture later in this thread? starting to freak out with 4 in a room lol

Did the person who shared that picture with you identify which ship and cabin type that picture was taken on? Not all ships and cabin types have the same sofabeds. Anthem and Harmony seem to have similar fixtures in their cabins even though they are different class ships. That picture does look like a newer ship from the colors in the cabin.

The pullout picture is from a boardwalk balcony room on Harmony.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Do you know if the bottom pulled out like the picture later in this thread? starting to freak out with 4 in a room lol

The picture I posted is from an ocean view balcony on the Harmony room 10188. I believe it only accommodated 3 from the deck plan symbol (triangle)

Maybe check the deck plans and see what symbol is attacked to your room #.

Here is a couple more pictures of a full room view.

Hope this helps!

1847295191_Harmonybalconyroom2.jpg.41946922aba2d28a6fc547244f976232.jpg

1234273444_Harmonybalconyroom.jpg.3083e9ea78bc8603726f17c6c2393ff9.jpg