Poll: Instant Message Your Roll Call Friends

LauraS

Would you use a CC App to instant message your RollCall friends on board your cruise?  

2,275 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a CC App to instant message your RollCall friends on board your cruise?

• Yes - I would like members to instant message me on the ship
    • No - I would not like members to instant message me on the ship
    • Maybe, I'll tell you why in a post below

I voted 'Maybe' because although I personally wouldn't use it, I can see how others might. I would hope that if you wanted to get in touch with people on your cruise, you'd have already traded contact information before you embark.

And don't take this the wrong way, Cruise Critic, but I don't use you while I'm on board. I am an avid CC reader and frequent contributor, but once I'm on vacation, I'm on vacation. I log on a LOT before a cruise, and almost as much after a cruise, but rarely, if ever, when I'm actually ON a cruise.

Carnival already has an app that lets me chat with others and it's $5 for the entire cruise. If I had the Cruise Critic one then you would be forced to buy at a minimum the Social Package to use it.

Did it include an audible alert for text messages ?

Edited by floridalover5623

Did you find that it was overwhelming with all the beeps?

No because you only add people you wish to get message with you have to accept invites otherwise you won't see the persons messages it's not like a public free for all.

Yes it did and a notification on your phone that you had a message in the app.

https://www.carnival.com/cms/shipboard/funhub/funhub-landing.html

No because you only add people you wish to get message with you have to accept invites otherwise you won't see the persons messages it's not like a public free for all.

I only asked because there are a number of people on this Princess board who are overly concerned that it would cause to much noise and be disruptive. Especially during the shows. (my self not included) How they would be able to hear anything with the loud volume of the show is beyond me.

I only asked because there are a number of people on this Princess board who are overly concerned that it would cause to much noise and be disruptive. Especially during the shows. (my self not included) How they would be able to hear anything with the loud volume of the show is beyond me.

While in the show you could set your phone to vibrate or silent.

I liked the app because it gave you information about what was going on that day times and places. Also had a easy to use map to get around if you were not familiar with the ship.

It also let you see your sail and sign account to see what charges there were and such.

While in the show you could set your phone to vibrate or silent.

I liked the app because it gave you information about what was going on that day times and places. Also had a easy to use map to get around if you were not familiar with the ship.

It also let you see your sail and sign account to see what charges there were and such.

Sounds neat. I like the vibrate feature. I would never hear the audible.

I said maybe.

Message must be instant and as a notification on the main/ opening page. No good receiving it either hidden away or 3 hours later!

Also, not prepared to pay for use of Wi-Fi on board. So unless it was a free to use app, I wouldn't necessarily use it. Good for people in large parties and that want to keep together as a party.

we're joanie and steve pechenik and we'd like to be added to the meet and greet list. also, don't usually use minutes to check messages while on board, but would welcome hearing "what's happening" - so please leave messages for us in our stateroom - #11007. also, if anybody is interested in a jewish tour in havana on march 23rd, please let me know at sat6666@satx.rr.com - i might be putting one together - operative word is "might." currently looking into it - small group is a possibility.

looking forward to meeting ya'll. we're from san antonio, texas and this will be our 17th oceania cruise.

Most of the time when on board we have our phone turned off, and always have the data off due to high costs when out of Australia. Whilst good idea to be able to contact someone, prefer to know the cabin nos and speak on phone that way you know they have the message.

Aussie Quoll

Would you use a Cruise Critic App on board your cruise to instant message with your fellow Roll Call participants?

Short answer - no.

1) This is exactly the thing I want to get away from when I go on vacation. I am not going to carry my phone around. On the ship there are phones in each cabin capable of recording a message.

2) I don't own a smart phone and have no plans to buy one. If I had one it would live in the safe.

Short answer - no.

1) This is exactly the thing I want to get away from when I go on vacation. I am not going to carry my phone around. On the ship there are phones in each cabin capable of recording a message.

2) I don't own a smart phone and have no plans to buy one. If I had one it would live in the safe.

You're not going to be very happy one the new Princess ships with the Medallions without a smart phone.

You're not going to be very happy one the new Princess ships with the Medallions without a smart phone.

If things don't work out, there are other lines. Nonetheless, even if I had a smart phone it would live in the safe.

Ocean Medallion

You carry an Ocean Medallion that holds your unique digital

identity and communicates with readers throughout each ship

and in select ports. It allows our crew to know who you are and

serve you better. (For example, your food & drink preferences, or

if you love snorkeling, we might suggest a popular snorkeling

excursion at an upcoming port of call.) That’s in addition to

using Ocean Medallion for payments, unlocking your stateroom

door, speeding up embarkation and much more.

Just what I wants, commercials. :(

Edited by Cuizer2