Poll: Instant Message Your Roll Call Friends

LauraS

Would you use a CC App to instant message your RollCall friends on board your cruise?  

2,275 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a CC App to instant message your RollCall friends on board your cruise?

• Yes - I would like members to instant message me on the ship
    • No - I would not like members to instant message me on the ship
    • Maybe, I'll tell you why in a post below

This is our second voyage on Crown Princess - last sailed in 2007 on her on our first cruise Beautiful ship. Fell in love with cruising. Still not done too many. Did a half world cruise in Jan 16 from Southampton to Sydney - very exciting.

Looking forward to getting on board and revisiting the Wheelhouse Bar.

:)

Thank you for your welcome. Where would I post a query about various assistive listening devices that might be available on board cruise liners for the hearing impaired? Thank you

Anxious Nellie

Sounds like you have some very specific needs. You should contact the cruise line directly.

Save

Hello! This is the 1st cruise with NCL (done 7 with Carnival) and was wondering if anyone knows if you can reserve the beach cabanas in Harvest Caye Belize right now or do you have to wait until we get there? Thanks!

You'll have better results if you try the Ports of Call forum or the roll call for your sailing (use the Roll Call tool at the top of this page).

I am trying to find a place to sign up for the meet and greet taking place on board. Can anyone help? I went to roll call page and see others posting there about it but don't seem to be able to find how to post to that page. I would like to add 2 to the meet and greet.

Thank you!

I am trying to find a place to sign up for the meet and greet taking place on board. Can anyone help? I went to roll call page and see others posting there about it but don't seem to be able to find how to post to that page. I would like to add 2 to the meet and greet.

Thank you!

Go to the Roll Call section of Cruise Critic, find your ship and sail date and post your request.

You will have a great time!

Hard to tell if I already applied as the new forum outline has changed and seeing the string of replys is less.

So, for an anwer: NO!

on the cruise it is time to mingle eyeball to eyeball and not eyeball to any device.

Make plans in advance an in person if you want to meet but time to get out and mingle with folks, CC or otherwise.

We can recap our adventures when in our cabin or just update our experiences elsewhere.

The number Of folks in our specific cruise forum is much, much less than all the folks on the cruise. The adventure is to mingle with both grouos sans devices IMHO. Time to communicate the ild fashio way in a cruise, walk uo and say hello!

Not sure I would use an Instant Message app.......

I'd like to see CC develop Private Messages (PM) on the CC web site. This way I can get the messages when I decide to get on the Internet and on CC and not have the phone go off immediately when turned on. Although I am sure some members enjoy that and of course, that's ok too. It would also allow members to converse privately and stop some of the silly arguments and flaming that sometimes occurs.......

Other chat boards have PM and it works out great without loading up a thread with sometimes off topic discussions .

Just sayin'

g

Not sure I would use an Instant Message app.......

I'd like to see CC develop Private Messages (PM) on the CC web site. This way I can get the messages when I decide to get on the Internet and on CC and not have the phone go off immediately when turned on. Although I am sure some members enjoy that and of course, that's ok too. It would also allow members to converse privately and stop some of the silly arguments and flaming that sometimes occurs.......

Other chat boards have PM and it works out great without loading up a thread with sometimes off topic discussions .

Just sayin'

g

These are all things that restrict the growth of a website. One day those sites doing this will realize this, or become MySpace part 2.

You should be able to access Shore Excursions on the NCL.com site. Reserving a cabana will be listed under the Harvest Caye excursions.

Tip: If you order a drink at the swim-up bar in the pool at Harvest Caye, the drinks are (or at least were 6 weeks ago) 2 for 1. If you go inside, the are just 1 for 1.