Poll: Instant Message Your Roll Call Friends

LauraS

Would you use a CC App to instant message your RollCall friends on board your cruise?  

2,275 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a CC App to instant message your RollCall friends on board your cruise?

• Yes - I would like members to instant message me on the ship
    • No - I would not like members to instant message me on the ship
    • Maybe, I'll tell you why in a post below

We are so excited about this cruise (July 8 - Aug 2) as there are several places we have not been before on this itinerary and we do not have to FLY back to the US. So far all our HAL cruises have been very enjoyable. We look forward to making many new friends! Mike and Linda from North Carolina

We are so excited about this cruise (July 8 - Aug 2) as there are several places we have not been before on this itinerary and we do not have to FLY back to the US. So far all our HAL cruises have been very enjoyable. We look forward to making many new friends! Mike and Linda from North Carolina

Please find the correct rollcall for your specific cruise. This one is only about messaging onboard any cruise.

Hi Cruisers of the world!

Should we all boycott MSC cruise line?

I happened to talk with them recently. I am not at all happy about their new OCCUPANCY RESTRICTED RULE for the new ship SEASIDE, for 2 of their Carribean Cruises; January 6 and January 20, 2018. Know that, as a solo traveler, you CANNOT be on that ship on those 2 dates, even if you pay the full price for a double occupancy cabin!!! 2 people have to be onboard!!! The response I got was that MSC makes its money with the number of customers not with the cabin in itself. WOW! We all know that, but does that mean that if a cabin is made for 4 people, than 2 people CANNOT reserved this cabin anymore either! What a ridiculous rule...I know some 40 yrs old solo travellers that spend more money on a cruise than 2 people of 70 years old!! I will not encourage that company anymore...

I will be cruising on Queen Victoria departing Sydney 11 March 2017. I am somewhat confused with the dress code on nights like Neptune's Ball (formal dress code), Victoriana Ball (informal dress code) or Hawaiian Ball (formal dress code). Are these fancy dress nights? What would a lady wear on these ball evenings? Thank you.

Connecting with others on the ship is a great idea in concept but the cost of data can make it expensive. Like others, I use my vacation time to shut off the outside world and spend the time onboard and onshore enjoying my new surroundings.

I will be cruising on Queen Victoria departing Sydney 11 March 2017. I am somewhat confused with the dress code on nights like Neptune's Ball (formal dress code), Victoriana Ball (informal dress code) or Hawaiian Ball (formal dress code). Are these fancy dress nights? What would a lady wear on these ball evenings? Thank you.

This is the wrong forum for your comment. Please find the correct rollcall for your specific trip.

I too take cruises to relax and enjoy life and see the beautiful world God has made for us to enjoy, as well as the entertaining activities of people who are usually funnier than a trip to Wally-World. No I have no desire to use my phone on board. It goes into the safe for a week to 21 days hibernation. I also do not answer my phone for any reason whatsoever when I am in conversation with someone - as it will insult the person and let them know they are not important whatsoever. No emergency gives us the opportunity to be rude to others - that instead is a time to show allegiance.