Poll: Instant Message Your Roll Call Friends

LauraS

Would you use a CC App to instant message your RollCall friends on board your cruise?  

2,275 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a CC App to instant message your RollCall friends on board your cruise?

• Yes - I would like members to instant message me on the ship
    • No - I would not like members to instant message me on the ship
    • Maybe, I'll tell you why in a post below

No idea what the last few posts are about.

This thread does seem to have many tangents, and one self appointed subject cop.

Well, now there are two subject cops.

Edited by Cuizer2

Where do I post a new thread? ?

icon1.gifHow To Post

You will need to be registered and logged in to post a new question in a forum.

Register here if you have not yet done so.

To post, you will use the NEW THREAD button.

1. Select a FORUM by clicking on the blue hyperlinked title (ie Carnival).

2. Locate the NEW THREAD button, located above the board grid in the the upper left hand corner. Click the NEW THREAD button.

It looks like this: newthread.gif

3. A window will open with a form for you to complete. Create a Title (be specific), and ask your question in the larger Post Message box.

4. When you are finished, click the Submit New Thread button.

Tips: A thread is a post with replies.

A new thread should be consistent with the specific forum you choose. In other words, if you want to ask about a Holland America ship and it's amenities, your message should be posted on the Holland America board.

You will find the ability to REPLY to an existing THREAD at the top and bottom of each THREAD (thread = original question plus any replies). You use the reply.gif button.

Get More Help in the HELP FORUM

Laura

Sr. Manager Community

community@cruisecritic.com

I havent figured out how to use this yet.. newbie

icon1.gifHow To Post

You will need to be registered and logged in to post a new question in a forum.

Register here if you have not yet done so.

To post, you will use the NEW THREAD button.

1. Select a FORUM by clicking on the blue hyperlinked title (ie Carnival).

2. Locate the NEW THREAD button, located above the board grid in the the upper left hand corner. Click the NEW THREAD button.

It looks like this: newthread.gif

3. A window will open with a form for you to complete. Create a Title (be specific), and ask your question in the larger Post Message box.

4. When you are finished, click the Submit New Thread button.

Tips: A thread is a post with replies.

A new thread should be consistent with the specific forum you choose. In other words, if you want to ask about a Holland America ship and it's amenities, your message should be posted on the Holland America board.

You will find the ability to REPLY to an existing THREAD at the top and bottom of each THREAD (thread = original question plus any replies). You use the reply.gif button.

Get More Help in the HELP FORUM

Laura

Sr. Manager Community

community@cruisecritic.com

EDIT

Alternatively scroll to the top of the page and where you see :

Go Back Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Ask a Cruise Question

Reload this Page Poll: Instant Message Your Roll Call Friends

click on "Ask a question"

looking for suggestions to shore excursions, nothing too costly or extravagant newbie

If you can find a thread for the cruise you are going on then ask in that

or start a new thread and put details of where you are going ie shore excursions - where???

why are all these posts so old,,like YEARS old

Once on posts remain they are rarely deleted for new posts you can look here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=getnew

That is the " new posts" link at the top of the page

Edited by Aulanis

We have the same thoughts Wichenford Wolf.

Once we leave the country, our phones are not used unless its it is for IMs or using apps like Whatsapp or Viber to our circle of friends and family.

I would use the Roll Call type app is its usage is free. It would be great.

I'm traveling solo on the Feb 20th sailing and hope to meet some folks. I've cruised many times but this is my first Celebrity cruise. I'm looking forward to experiencing Celebrity

If you mean celebrity equinox you should make your post here:

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/rollcalls/celebrity-equinox-february-20-2017/

This thread is a POLL though a lot of members are confused

I said maybe, but probably no, unless others on roll call think it would be a good idea to help us contact each other. However, I mostly sail on Princess and they have the free app that allows us to do so much on our smart phones, including texting others onboard. I used the text feature on my last cruise and it was great, but I mostly use it to remind myself of things I want to do, directions to venues, and checking my stateroom account. And, of course, the medallion will be coming in November.

One thing I wish we had on CC is a like and dislike button. So many times I want to tell someone I loved what they said, but don't feel like adding another post to an already inflated board.

Maureen

If I'm vacationing with a group and we somehow get separated this is an easy way to regroup. Or if we split off to entertain our own interests, say a girl meets a potential guy but things didn't go well and IMing the group can be anquick, safe, and graceful getaway, with minimal commotion. To me those are just a few examples why there should be a way to communicate to whoever for whatever reason. It's sophisticated, subtle, I believe this amenity should be in the package deals for classy high end cruise lines free of charge because this being a technology dependant world it's a necessity to stay safe and relax all that much more knowing that someone has our back.

Cruising is a holiday, a time to get away. My phone is turned off. I check emails intermittently. We have telephones in the cabins to ring friends and leave messages, as well as leaving notes at the door. There is a spot on the pool deck where we come together and can always find at least one of our group. Mingle and meet new people. Relax and tune out of the electronic world.

Cruising is a holiday, a time to get away. My phone is turned off. I check emails intermittently. We have telephones in the cabins to ring friends and leave messages, as well as leaving notes at the door. There is a spot on the pool deck where we come together and can always find at least one of our group. Mingle and meet new people. Relax and tune out of the electronic world.

Just think how much easier it would be to text a friend from the comfort of your deck chair without having to go to their cabin to leave a note or find a phone to call their cabin (and they may not be there).

I guess it's not for everyone. :(

I would use it if there was no cost incurred. My IPhone is purposely turned off while I am onboard a ship. I am an avid Roll Call user and have made several very good friends after meeting on the Roll Call, going to the Meet and Greets/Mingles. I have traveled with a few of them again on another cruise and keep in touch with all of them by email.

Onboard it could be a resource, especially since I usually try to run the Slot Pull for most of my cruises and am always needing to get in touch with the members that have agreed to help.

Candie