Poll: Instant Message Your Roll Call Friends

LauraS

Would you use a CC App to instant message your RollCall friends on board your cruise?  

2,275 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a CC App to instant message your RollCall friends on board your cruise?

• Yes - I would like members to instant message me on the ship
    • No - I would not like members to instant message me on the ship
    • Maybe, I'll tell you why in a post below

I don't plan to use my phone while on the ship - don't want to get a data plan ect. so only if it was free and i don't know how it could be. It would be nice if there was a way to find out of on board phone numbers ahead of time to share here before we left - is that a possibility (not via cruise critic but just asking people who've cruised more if they know if can get cabin phone numbers before cruise?). -- I'm still very very new to cruising - only done one re-positioning cruise - but that got me hooked ;)

We have a tour to Florence/Pisa scheduled thru http://www.ItalyTours.com for the 27th of March. We currently have space for 4 people if anyone is interested. The cost is 99 euros per person. Please contact http://www.ItalyTours.com directly if interested. This is going to be a guided tour picking up at the port and lasting about 8 hours.

Thanks, Jan

I am looking for couples to join my family for Rome in Limo tour in Rome..April 9 ..Oceania River is..I have done this tour. Fabulous.I am handicapped now..cannot do....8 people 650 per vehicle!!!!!..wonderful time..please let me know...cannot remember how to start a new thread..sorry

Edited by foxxie11
Did not list cruise date..m

I am looking for couples to join my family for Rome in Limo tour in Rome..April 9 ..Oceania River is..I have done this tour. Fabulous.I am handicapped now..cannot do....8 people 650 per vehicle!!!!!..wonderful time..please let me know...cannot remember how to start a new thread..sorry
..Rome is April 12..cruise departure is April 9...

Not likely to use it especially if my provider charged for the use. Would prefer to meet up with fellow passengers once onboard and share information then use cabin/to/cabin to contact. Once in port our time is spent full out sightseeing.

Hello: This is my first time for Cruise Critic. My husband and I will be sailing April 19, 2017 on the Royal Princess to the Spanish Passage. I have cruised 10times: 2 On Celebrity, 2 on Royal Caribbean, and this will be our 7th cruise on Princess. I have been very pleased with all the cruises I have taken and look forward to this next one. My husband and I are interested in connecting with others that might want to book private tours as some of the people we have cruised with do this and suggested it, as you get a more personalized and comfortable transportation vehicle. We have never tried it, but would like to hear from those that have. We look forward to hearing from you.:)

Sorry, don't feel that my skills with electronics are up to doing this. Find everytime I take phones or ipads or whatever with me I have huge bills when I get home, or the device will not connect for me, or I can't manage what I want to do. I keep trying things that I am told to try to change this from happening and it seems to get worse. Need my grandson to hurry up and learn this stuff so he can help me (he is 21 months now, haha) no one else ahs patience.

:)

Would you use a Cruise Critic App on board your cruise to instant message with your fellow Roll Call participants?

Yes, it could be great if the service will be free. Costa Crociere has its own application for chat between passengers on board, it works just through the wifi onboard and it is FREE!

I'm voting "No" on this for a couple of reasons......

• I generally turn my phone off during the cruise
  • If I was to to turn it on, then it is one more app to configure notifications, etc.
  • I enjoy meeting people at the meet and mingle, etc. but if I want to stay in touch I will give them my cabin number and they can telephone if they like.
  • If some people have it, and others use different systems, then you are having to move back and forth between different apps/text messaging.

Would you use a Cruise Critic App on board your cruise to instant message with your fellow Roll Call participants?

I voted - Maybe, I'll tell you why in a post below

I see the value you in it, but we don't carry any electronic devices on ship, we are high stress IT jobs, so we disconnect on a cruise. I would like the ability to do so in the days before a cruise when arranging pre cruise dinners or updating people on Meet and Mingle times.

I've always felt the forum is let down by not having private messaging like all the other forums I frequent. There are a number of times when you want to get in touch with someone, ask a private question or send something in private.

Henry

That is why I put my email in my signature.

I wouldn't use precious purchased minutes of internet service (you cannot leave that on the way things are today) and data roaming isn't an option. As long as entities want to treat data services as a revenue producing item, probably not. A bulletin board kind of construct would probably be more effective until such time as everyone has persistent data services.