Formal nights on reflection

sandallady

We have just booked a cruise on reflection for the 11th September , we last cruised with celebrity back in 2014 , I seem to have seen somewhere that celebrity have now stopped doing formal nights ? Is this true ? I sincerely hope not as both myself and my husband love dressing up for the occasion . We are so much looking forward to sailing on reflection again , in between we have done P& O Azura around the Caribbean , whilst we enjoyed it , it is no comparison to Celebrity , which is a much high standard .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have just booked a cruise on reflection for the 11th September , we last cruised with celebrity back in 2014 , I seem to have seen somewhere that celebrity have now stopped doing formal nights ? Is this true ? I sincerely hope not as both myself and my husband love dressing up for the occasion . We are so much looking forward to sailing on reflection again , in between we have done P& O Azura around the Caribbean , whilst we enjoyed it , it is no comparison to Celebrity , which is a much high standard .

Celebrity now has evening chic nights instead of formal nights. You still can dress up if you wish and others still do. It only applies to the Main Dining room, no where else on the ship. Here's the info you need from the web site:

Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated.

Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities are being introduced, and Evening Chic attire is replacing Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

A cocktail dress

Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater

Optional sport coat or blazer

Yes. Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Edited by dkjretired

They did away with formal nights in favor of "Chic" night(whatever THAT truly means)If you liked dressing up, feel free to do so(we will)otherwise smart casual is now pretty much the rule...Nice slacks/collared shirt/decent shoes. Like what you would wear to a nice(but not overly fancy restaurant)

On our past Celebrity cruises since the changing of "Formal" night to "Evening Chic" night, I have still seen lots of people dressed up, some long dresses and a few tuxes even, because lots of people seem to want to get the professional photos taken. Really, no one will feel out of place if they want to dress up.

We've been on 3 Celebrity ships (Reflection, Silhouette, Equinox) in the last year and haven't seen anyone wearing shorts to the MDR on Evening Chic nights. In fact, we have seen several people being turned away for trying to get in without putting their big boy pants on.

If you want to get all dressed up, by all means go for it. Lots of folks still do. Personally, I'm not bringing a suit and tie, but I'm not wearing jeans and a golf shirt either. I'll never understand why some folks get upset that others aren't dressing the same way they are.

• 3 weeks later...
Celebrity now has evening chic nights instead of formal nights. You still can dress up if you wish and others still do. It only applies to the Main Dining room, no where else on the ship. Here's the info you need from the web site:

Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated.

Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities are being introduced, and Evening Chic attire is replacing Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

A cocktail dress

Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater

Optional sport coat or blazer

Yes. Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

We were on the Connie over Christmas and New Year in and out of Dubai via India.

There were three chic evenings and also a gala evening. Okay, it was a festive season and there were many Brits on board but the majority of people seemed to dress up; many men were in a tux and women wore their posh frocks!

In Luminae, one guest had a baseball cap on at breakfast on the second day of the cruise: we never saw the cap again!