which of these excursions in Juneau?

lucy2mb

Just curious - I've seen Juneau tours that include whale watching followed by a trip to Mendenhall Glacier. The former is something like 2 hours and the latter 45 minutes.

Just curious if we would be able to stay longer at Medenhall if we wanted to and take the Blue Bus back?

TIA

You will not regret it. Especially since it is your only glacier from the ship viewing experience. I will find some reviews tonight when I am home.

ff

I emailed Carnival about Tracy Arm excursion and they still have openings for us!

I decided I would just surprise my husband because he would say it was too much money. I did tell our children and they are excited about it. Would you say it was worth the money to be in the small boat vs the ship, especially for pictures?

ff

I emailed Carnival about Tracy Arm excursion and they still have openings for us!

I decided I would just surprise my husband because he would say it was too much money. I did tell our children and they are excited about it. Would you say it was worth the money to be in the small boat vs the ship, especially for pictures?

Oh yes! I think this link will work:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1283269&highlight=blue+album

I don't use Flash so I can't make sure it works for good. These are pics from my friend Doug's trip to Tracy Arm. His was a boat trip out of Juneau but once you get to Tracy Arm, it is the same. He just had a longer distance to get there as he had to go from Juneau vs you will get on the small boat closer than he did.

Let me know if the link doesn't work.

Edited by Coral

Oh yes! I think this link will work:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1283269&highlight=blue+album

I don't use Flash so I can't make sure it works for good. These are pics from my friend Doug's trip to Tracy Arm. His was a boat trip out of Juneau but once you get to Tracy Arm, it is the same. He just had a longer distance to get there as he had to go from Juneau vs you will get on the small boat closer than he did.

Let me know if the link doesn't work.

Do you think it matters which time we go. I am booking the 11:00 instead of the 2:30 since we have early dining at 6:00. If you think the later time going through would be better, let me know. Thanks!

Do you think it matters which time we go. I am booking the 11:00 instead of the 2:30 since we have early dining at 6:00. If you think the later time going through would be better, let me know. Thanks!

I don't think it matters.

I don't think it matters.

Thank you for the link to the pictures! Beautiful!!!

I appreciate all your suggestions. If you have any suggestions about Ketchikan or Victoria let me know. I will start a new thread for that.

If they offer the small boat experience to Tracy Arm, definitely sign up. It is not cheap but it will be one of your best tours.

This is SO true! We did this one last year and it was by far one of our top 3 excursions ever, if not #1. We have already said we'll do it again. And sign up before you board the ship. It usually sells out. AMAZING!!!

I'm planning my first trip to Alaska this June. I have booked a tour that you might be interested in – I can't absolutely recommend it, since I have not taken it yet! But it combines a hike with a focus on photography at the Mendenhall glacier. Here's the link if you want to check it out:

https://www.adventureflow.us/adventure/glacier-forest-falls-smartphone-hiking-tour/

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just checked out the link - looks amazing! I'm not THAT much into phone photography, but the hike alone looks wonderful! Can you tell me more about it? Easy trek? Thank you in advance!

This is SO true! We did this one last year and it was by far one of our top 3 excursions ever, if not #1. We have already said we'll do it again. And sign up before you board the ship. It usually sells out. AMAZING!!!

I sent Carnival an email and they still have space for us. Good to know that it is one of your top 3 excursions. Makes me feel better about the cost.

I just checked out the link - looks amazing! I'm not THAT much into phone photography, but the hike alone looks wonderful! Can you tell me more about it? Easy trek? Thank you in advance!
Thoughts...

Edited by xlxo

Well, I haven't been yet so I can't tell you more than what is on the website. I'm not sure when your trip is, but I'll post a review when I return from my June trip.

There are plenty of reviews on tripadvisor, and most are "excellent": https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g31020-d7660104-Reviews-Adventure_Flow-Juneau_Alaska.html

The site does bill this hike as "easy," but they also offer a "moderate" Adventure hike up the west glacier trail that looks pretty cool as well:

https://www.adventureflow.us/adventure/mendenhall-glacier-adventure-hiking-tour/

Edited by OhJinkies