Celebrity Reflection January 14 to 21 2017

Bimmer09

A little bird told me there was something special going on today....Happy Birthday Norris!

:D:D

Thanks Chris!

The only rain on my parade today is CC and the odd things that are happening and causing a lot of threads from posters wondering what is going on.

I think the new software rollout is an unqualified success!

'tis a sign of the times we are living in.

Norris

There's some kind of viewpoint here but the closed gate was a bummer.

32924596145_da0dc4ae09_b.jpg

But I still haven't found what I'm looking for...

Aha!

U2

As, always-well spotted!

Norris

Still enjoying your wonderful review, Norris. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Cheers,

Tracy

Thanks Tracy!

We are at the house in Michigan and I walked onto the deck just now...68 degrees. In winter.

I am blessed!

Norris

Carol... Thank you for bringing back my happy and fun memories of when I was a meer 12 year old, (now 48 years older) singing this cute song with my best friend. Of course I had to sing it again! LOL

I know you enjoy reading and perhaps if you have not already read this book you might enjoy it too!

The Goat Woman of Largo Bay by Gillian Royes.

SynopsisThe Goat Woman of Largo Bay begins the detective series featuring Shad, a bartender in a fishing village in Jamaica, who is the community problem solver and right hand of Eric, an American who owns the bar and a hotel left in ruins by a hurricane. When Shad sees movement on the island offshore, he thinks it's just a goat. But it turns out to be Simone, an American who has run away from her professional and personal life in the U.S., an intriguing woman who captures Eric's heart. Always keeping his ear to the ground, Shad discovers that a gunshot heard near Simone's place late one night isn't exactly friendly fire, but tied to a plot to harm Simone and ultimately manipulate local elections. But why does someone want to harm Simone? And what does she have to do with the elections? Only Shad can find out. An irresistible character is born in The Goat Woman of Largo Bay and Royes wonderfully blends suspense and the soul of the islands in this smart debut., The Goat Woman of Largo Bay is the first in a series of amateur detective novels. The hero, Shad, is a bartender in a fishing village in Jamaica, and acts as the unpaid sheriff. His employer, Eric Keller, is a jaded American who lost his hotel in a hurricane seven years earlier. The novel's action starts when Eric and Shad see movement on the island offshore and think it's a goat. But it's a woman, Simone, who rents the ruins of Eric's hotel and Eric starts falling for her. She attracts the attention of the villagers. A couple shady characters 'visit' her one night, but she fires her gun and scares them off. Shad visits the obeah man (the village magician) and gets a potion that she uses to protect herself further. Simone's brother Cameron arrives and tells them she recently lost her only child. A former Penitentiary friend, Dollar, asks Shad, a thoroughly reformed outlaw, to report on the villagers' political opinions. He works for an American businessman connected to the corrupt government. Simone starts celebrating her dead daughter with nightly ceremonies, and Shad learns that her former visitors are working for Dollar and plan to harm her. Shad, Eric, Cameron and the obeah man protect her, and the obeah man causes her daughter's ashes to fall into the sea. The intruders confess that they are working for Dollar and planning to manipulate the election in the community. Although Simone chooses to stay on the island, a severe storm destroys her shelter and she returns to the village. The businessman is exposed in the press and Shad realizes that he will live to see Dollar another day.

Take care my friend,

Sandra

Hi Carol, Thank you for sharing you family history with us. I am always fascinated hearing stories of family and the love that is shared.

I would sing that over and over when I was 12 and to this day...one of my favorite happy songs.

There is a book by Gillian Royes, "The Goat Woman of Largo Bay." If you have not read it I think you might like it too.

SynopsisThe Goat Woman of Largo Bay begins the detective series featuring Shad, a bartender in a fishing village in Jamaica, who is the community problem solver and right hand of Eric, an American who owns the bar and a hotel left in ruins by a hurricane. When Shad sees movement on the island offshore, he thinks it's just a goat. But it turns out to be Simone, an American who has run away from her professional and personal life in the U.S., an intriguing woman who captures Eric's heart. Always keeping his ear to the ground, Shad discovers that a gunshot heard near Simone's place late one night isn't exactly friendly fire, but tied to a plot to harm Simone and ultimately manipulate local elections. But why does someone want to harm Simone? And what does she have to do with the elections? Only Shad can find out. An irresistible character is born in The Goat Woman of Largo Bay wonderfully blends suspense and the soul of the islands in this smart debut., The Goat Woman of Largo Bay is the first in a series of amateur detective novels. The hero, Shad, is a bartender in a fishing village in Jamaica, and acts as the unpaid sheriff. His employer, Eric Keller, is a jaded American who lost his hotel in a hurricane seven years earlier. The novel's action starts when Eric and Shad see movement on the island offshore and think it's a goat. But it's a woman, Simone, who rents the ruins of Eric's hotel and Eric starts falling for her. She attracts the attention of the villagers. A couple shady characters 'visit' her one night, but she fires her gun and scares them off. Shad visits the obeah man (the village magician) and gets a potion that she uses to protect herself further. Simone's brother Cameron arrives and tells them she recently lost her only child. A former Penitentiary friend, Dollar, asks Shad, a thoroughly reformed outlaw, to report on the villagers' political opinions. He works for an American businessman connected to the corrupt government. Simone starts celebrating her dead daughter with nightly ceremonies, and Shad learns that her former visitors are working for Dollar and plan to harm her. Shad, Eric, Cameron and the obeah man protect her, and the obeah man causes her daughter's ashes to fall into the sea. The intruders confess that they are working for Dollar and planning to manipulate the election in the community. Although Simone chooses to stay on the island, a severe storm destroys her shelter and she returns to the village. The businessman is exposed in the press and Shad realizes that he will live to see Dollar another day.

Have a great day and thank you for popping in on Norris!!

Sandra

Thanks Chris!

The only rain on my parade today is CC and the odd things that are happening and causing a lot of threads from posters wondering what is going on.

Norris

Happy Birthday my good man!

Trip

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Chris!

Norris

Happy Birthday my good man! Hope you are doing something special.

Trip:)

My siblings and friends did a food tour in Falmouth that they booked privately. They spoke highly of the tour and the food they sampled, including some patties. They also came back with the knowledge of the large Jewish population, which we all found so fascinating. If you would like the info, please ask and I will share.

Norris

I am enjoying your review of Reflection, my wife and I are on Reflection in May for an Eastern Mediterranean cruise. I am enjoying your ship pictures and insight. I hope to meet up with you on a future cruise, I will buy you a Stella.

Trip, I so much want to do that on my next visit to Labadee.The view from the launch tower must be amazing. I'll have bits of video and some photos a little later. Was it $95? I heard that number from a rider who had just got off.

I have been very busy at work this week and haven't had as much time to write as I would like but am off work on Monday and hope to do a chunk.

Thanks, as always, for reading this far.

Norris

First of all, a belated Happy Birthday, Norris! :D

The zipline in Labadee was awesome, even more so since RCI had a sale on shore excursions just before our last cruise that I was able to take advantage of. :D I almost didn't get to go, though, because we had quite a bit of rain on our last Labadee day. We got geared up, waited for a break in the rain, and did our training run. We loaded onto the truck that takes you to the launch platform only to have the rain start coming down in torrents. We were driven back down to the check in station and told we could either wait to see if the rain stopped again or get a full refund. Since I had been unable to zip on our previous stop in Labadee, I decided to wait. Eventually, the rain let up a bit, so they said we could go. Just as they finished clipping our group onto the ziplines, the skies opened up again. I was very surprised when they let us go. It was absolutely amazing! As it turned out, we were the last group allowed to zip that day. I was so glad I got my turn, but I felt really bad for the rest of our group who did not get theirs. Before I rode this zipline, I thought it would be a one-and-done thing for me, but now, since DH did not get a chance to zip due to his broken collarbone I want to plan another trip that stops in Labadee so I can go again with him. :cool:

Happy Birthday Norris. Loving the review and the Pics:D

Thanks for the Birthday wishes!

Sadly, to commemorate the day CC decided to go crazy with glitches and it made for a frustrating day. Hopefully they can put things right today!

Norris

It's that dreaded moment when I stand at the foot of the gangway knowing that this is the last time on this cruise that I will board the ship. The next time I am on a gangway I will be getting off. Today is Thursday so the end is nigh as we will be in Miami the day after tomorrow.

32771071462_3478e907dc_b.jpg

I go up to our cabin for a good long weep

32771072322_6b59e729b9_b.jpg

32771073062_39d4a6341d_b.jpg

32771073892_c7d6efdcc0_b.jpg

I have booked a trip on Reflection for this July, and was casually perusing the boards here when I came upon your review. I have never heard of you before, and never read any of your previous reviews. I binged all 28 pages yesterday. First, the bad news. You have ruined all other reviews for me. I hope you're happy.

In all seriousness, this was such a wonderful read, full of humour and relevance. I was truly captivated, and I felt very much like I was there with you. I have been on Equinox, not Reflection, so the overall layout was familiar, but I feel like I'm going to be right at home. I too think this class of ship is a classic.

And when I finally pushed back from the computer last night, the next song up on my iPod: Kashmir. I'm going to be looking for those ladies!!!

We were making our way back to where we started just two hours ago so it was only 1 p.m

32924566415_896f15d0a4_b.jpg

We were dropped off at the tour boat pier

32544167260_b208052c1f_b.jpg

32800773321_e050f2c999_b.jpg

32771067602_d5325eb92e_b.jpg

I smell burgers! Over there!

32924585615_d03390a077_b.jpg

There were some seats by the pier with an umbrella for shade so we sat and considered our next move using a map of the complex.
The Suites beach-Barefoot was quite a ways away and I noticed on the map it said Grand Suites and above. Grand Suite? What's that. I figured it was an RCI cabin only and wondered if a lowly Sky Suite would be turned away?

We could take the tram over-a tractor engine pulling a couple of wagons with seats. But wait! What's that smell? Smells like lunch-what a great idea! Map reader Carol found 3 buffet stations and there was one just a short walk away at Dragon's Plaza!

With two heavy cameras around my neck and a camera bag over one shoulder I couldn't take pics in the buffet lines but got myself a burger and some toppings and some little mini steaks and a hotdog and a bit of salad and then joined a line for drinks which slowed me down a bit. My food's going to get cold I said inwardly. Carol was meantime ahead of me with her own selections as she didn't line up for beer. There was Stella so I had a cold one and paid with my room card and made my way over towards the water where I knew I would find Carol in the shade.

I have only eaten Private Island BBQ lunch once before on Princess Cays where the food was cold and nasty and ended up in a handy trash bin nearby where the flies were welcome to it. Expectations were not high.

Mmmmm.... this food is still warm! Tasty little burger here. We both did our nodding head dog in rear window of car impression and tucked in with gusto. It wasn't a prettily arranged plate of food- no tweezers were used in the salad placement- but it was just what the doctor ordered (the Ship's Doctor was sitting nearby and had the same thing). His head was nodding with each bite...

Very happy with our meal and I wish I had gone back for more goodness. But- I was in the shade, I had a cold beer and a view of sparkling blue water and some zipliners whizzing by. Life was good. I moved away to smoke down by the water and drink it (the Stella) all in.
While talking to Carol she said she thought Labadee her favorite "port" of the trip. We had just had a short but excellent boat trip, something to fill our stomachs and no one was trying to sell us anything or take us shopping for Diamonds. It was a place to relax in the sun or the shade with plenty of activities (some at a price). And-the ship is right there. There's the tram to save a lot of walking.
We could have taken the tram from end to end as Carol suggested but I was fine with just staying near the water for now.

Norris, if you had taken the tram to the far end ( where the best beach for non- suites is ) you would have met the aggressive sellers, which you can avoid if you take the cliff path( research ahead of time) instead of going through the market that they want you go to.

Happy Birthday Late! I tried yesterday to give my wishes of birthday cheer... but CC had other plans.... I HOPE you had a great day!

I did have a question... The Tree in the Atrium- is it a live tree? If so HOW does it surive? Watering and other nutrients... I love the different views and I just had to ask- how'd they do that?

Gabrielle

Happy Birthday my good man!

Trip

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Trip thank you for the good wishes.

We spent the morning and afternoon at our home in Michigan

where it got up to 70 F before we left to return home to Chicago for a remarkable meal at one of our favorites-Cherry Circle Room in the Chicago Athletic Club.

Great day!

Norris