Price difference between purchasing internet online/onboard

On day 4 you can buy a "remaining days package" at the package price of $13/day for Surf. So, you'll get it free (3x$13-40).

If a D+ couple can live with the limitations of no internet the first day and Surf only (and share a one device plan), they can have free internet for the whole cruise (of 7 days or less).

Appreciate all the great suggestions & informative input from everyone! :D

Here's what we'll do for our 7 day Allure cruise:

Purchased a (pre-boarding) package of surf & steam for 7 days one device at-a-time, total cost = $69.93 ($9.99x7) :)

While on-board, we plan to use our D+ discount (2 free days ea.) for a total of 4 days that we can both be on at the same time. :)

That seems to satisfy all we want/need for internet access, while still enjoying the myriad of other reasons we'll be on this cruise!! :D:D

Am I reading correctly that I can't purchase Surf ahead of time, but, I can get $20 off my 5 day price? Thanks!

Yes, though you can lower your cost further with a couple of tweaks. Assuming there's two of you, use the first coupon on day 2 (you'll have cell signal till dinner on day one), then on day 3 buy the "remaining days" package for $6 (2 days left x $13/day (Surf) - $20 D discount).:D

Yes, though you can lower your cost further with a couple of tweaks. Assuming there's two of you, use the first coupon on day 2 (you'll have cell signal till dinner on day one), then on day 3 buy the "remaining days" package for $6 (2 days left x $13/day (Surf) - $20 D discount).:D

Great idea! thanks again :D

Purchased a (pre-boarding) package of surf & steam for 7 days one device at-a-time, total cost = $69.93 ($9.99x7) :)

You keep mentioning the $10/day price - did you in fact purchase the package for that price and if so when and for which sailing? It is a bit :confused: since everyone is reporting $12/day.

Edited by Biker19

You keep mentioning the $10/day price - did you in fact purchase the package for that price and if so when and for which sailing? It is a bit :confused: since everyone is reporting $12/day.

Yes that is what I paid for the Surf & Stream package on the planner; purchased just the other day -

it's for the 7 day sailng on the Allure from 2/12-2/19.

GUEST NAME RESERVATION PRICE

Gary ---- ---- $69.93 USD

*Service Charge

$0.00 USD

TOTAL

$69.93 USD

TOTAL PAID

$69.93 USD

Whats the difference between Stream and Surf? Does anyone know if the Diamond discount is better than today's sale?

Stream is supposed to be faster and allow video streaming.

The Diamond discount is a flat $20 off a package.

Question ... It says it's $11.99 a day for one device and I am wondering if I can just purchase it for a day at a time here and there. I don't necessarily need it everyday and don't want to pay every day, but maybe every couple of days.

And what are the D+ coupons you are mentioning?

blondie99,

To answer you question I believe the answer is yes, you can purchase a day here or there. However, if you refer to Bob's post #2, it appears the price per day is $20 for surf and $26 for surf and stream. That is their incentive to get you to purchase a package instead.

The D+ coupon that is mentioned is one of the perks to being a frequent cruiser. Based on the number of points/level you are entitled to different amenities.

BTW, thanks to another thread, I realized the price of the surf and stream is down to $8.99 per day (compared to the $11.99 mentioned here). I cancelled the booze and surf package I bought 2 months ago and re-booked a booze package and surf/stream package and saved $20 in the process.

I'm confused. Being D+ you would think I know enough about Wifi on the ship but I guess I'm not clear on it at all. Your help is needed . . .

If I purchase 9 days now at $8.99 ($80.91) can I still apply my supposed $40 discount once on board?

If not, then purchasing on board for 9 nights at $12.99 (surf only) that comes out to $116.91 and subtracting the $40 makes it $76.91 which is a little cheaper.

However I'm reading about free days . . . Can I have my one free day (traveling solo) and then subtract the $40?

Are you as confused as I am now?

I'm confused. Being D+ you would think I know enough about Wifi on the ship but I guess I'm not clear on it at all. Your help is needed . . .

If I purchase 9 days now at $8.99 ($80.91) can I still apply my supposed $40 discount once on board?

If not, then purchasing on board for 9 nights at $12.99 (surf only) that comes out to $116.91 and subtracting the $40 makes it $76.91 which is a little cheaper.

However I'm reading about free days . . . Can I have my one free day (traveling solo) and then subtract the $40?

If you purchase now then you can't use your D+ coupon on top of that to get additional money off.

Your other option purchasing the surf only is correct.

Yes you could your free day and then purchase the package making it cheaper still.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

If you purchase now then you can't use your D+ coupon on top of that to get additional money off.

Your other option purchasing the surf only is correct.

Yes you could your free day and then purchase the package making it cheaper still.

So if I use my free day on our first full day of cruising and then on the next day purchase the pkg I can then apply the D+ discount? And as a solo, do I get one or two free days which if 2 I would then purchase the wifi the following day.

Thank you so much for your input.

I had previously purchased this at the 11.99 rate, and when i went to look today, its down to 8.99. I cancelled my old package and purchased it at the new rate saving myself $27.00 bucks for my upcoming Granduer cruise.

Here's a shocker:

Connectivity and speed are VERY VERY good on the Grandeur! :eek: ;) :)

So if I use my free day on our first full day of cruising and then on the next day purchase the pkg I can then apply the D+ discount? And as a solo, do I get one or two free days which if 2 I would then purchase the wifi the following day.

Thank you so much for your input.

As a D+, you get two 24 hour periods free.

We are also D+ and usually we use my coupon for 2 single surf days (not consecutively). Then on the last three days when the voyage price is $12.99 (surf), DH uses his coupon for those days giving us 5 free surf days.

DH got an email for a 50% discount on Voom Surf & Stream @ $8.99 a day. He decided to go for it since he wants to watch different news and sports channels on his tablet. Total for our 9 night Grandeur in May was $80.91.

Since you're traveling solo, you will only have one coupon to use and since it's $8.99 a day for the Surf and Stream package, buying it now for the $80.91 may be the way to go (extra $4.00 and you get streaming too). Funny though, his receipt says 30% off onboard price even though it appears to be 50% off. Here's the sale showing the Voom in the cruise planner.

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/boomerdropouts/media/Screenshot%2087_edited-1_zpsngwmcaqr.png.html?sort=3&o=1

Edited by P&C4/16/67