Need 9 points to next level,booking a 7 day cruise tmrw 9 mos out but want to upgrade

KyleClark

If I book cruise tmrw that is 9 months out I receive 2 points per night for that cruise, right? If I want to upgrade down the road will I lose my original booking date for that cruise and then lose the extra point per night?

I'm not sure you'll have the extra night anyway for booking 9 months out -- the new Latitudes Rewards doesn't give an extra point for that. I have had two booked for 5 months and I'm not sure that my cruise will be grandfathered in.

I'm not sure you'll have the extra night anyway for booking 9 months out -- the new Latitudes Rewards doesn't give an extra point for that. I have had two booked for 5 months and I'm not sure that my cruise will be grandfathered in.

9697c37b02d4a7a733f806066c6dcf7e.jpg

And as pointed out above, I have upgraded 30 days out without a cancel/rebook and retained my 9-month point.

Just one datapoint, but we upgraded from an inside to a balcony a couple of weeks before a cruise on a reservation that had been booked more than 9 months out and did not get the extra points. Not sure it matters, but it was a true upgrade not upsell.

Just one datapoint, but we upgraded from an inside to a balcony a couple of weeks before a cruise on a reservation that had been booked more than 9 months out and did not get the extra points. Not sure it matters, but it was a true upgrade not upsell.

If you didn't get the extra point, it is because when they changed your cabin they changed your booking date. If your invoice or confirmation had the original booking date, submit it for the extra point.

@Triptolemus, thanks. I did not know this. It's not too important (already platinum), but that communication doesn't specifically address 2018 cruises that have already been booked. Anyone know?

Nexus 9

I have read here somewhere that NCL posted clarification on this to state that any cruise booked before 03-Feb-2017 would get the 9 month point, if it applied.

It was posed on FB and screen-shot was posted here... somewhere.

Never sailed NCL, but I did read somewhere that the 9 months out bonus disappeared with the revision of Latitudes. At least that's what one of my relatives told me. It's effective for all sailings on February the 3rd.

As has been said, it seems pretty clear that cruises booked before the 3rd February will get the extra point.

It has been discussed extensively on here over the weekend.

If you didn't get the extra point, it is because when they changed your cabin they changed your booking date. If your invoice or confirmation had the original booking date, submit it for the extra point.

Thanks. It was more than a year ago. I don't pay attention to Latitude points really so it doesn't matter much to me. I probably should. I just noticed that my wife and I have different numbers of points which doesn't make any sense because we've done all our NCL cruises together, but the reason is that one cruise we got two cabins for our family more than 9 months out and shortly before the cruise I upgraded (true upgrade not upsell) one of them, and now it shows 7 points for me but 14 for her. So I figured I had a datapoint for OP's question.

Edited by Regguy