Balcony Partition Doors.

yags

We will be on the Crown Princess in March and will be next to traveling companions. Does the partition between the balconies open or is the an access door? If it makes a difference we will be on Baja deck B424 (midship).

Thanks for all your help.

I believe the partitions open up, though you may have to ask your steward for assistance. Of course, I could be wrong, and I'm sure you'll get the correct answer. Then I will see it and know better.

Enjoy your trip!

Counting down the days!

We will be on the Crown Princess in March and will be next to traveling companions. Does the partition between the balconies open or is the an access door? If it makes a difference we will be on Baja deck B424 (midship).

Thanks for all your help.

On Crown Princess B424 is an interior cabin...

If you are (as is likely the case) referring to one of the midship balconies in that area, then the answer is almost certainly "yes". Most (but not all) balconies on Princess ships can be opened to the adjacent balcony. It's not a complete opening (the full barrier doesn't open) but part of the barrier can be opened.

Are you sure the cabin is B424? That is an inside cabin. Is it B422 or B426?

Your balcony will be 9'x5'. The door between the two balconies is against the bulkhead and is 2 foot wide. The door allows passage between the two adjacent balconies, but does not make one double size balcony.

The door between the balconies doesn't seem two feet wide to me. More like 18" or so. It's a narrow passageway between the balconies.

Just make sure you establish some kind of rules with your traveling companions since they'll have free access to your balcony at all times. (Once the cabin steward opens it, you cannot close it.) What we do is tell them that if the light-blocking curtains are closed, do not bother us but if they're open, you're welcome to come visit. And, if you're in the process of dressing or wearing your birthday suit, close the drapes or you may have a bit of a surprise. ;)

Thanks to all of you for correcting me. Our Room is B434 (not 424). After a bit of an adrenalin rush I check our documentation.

I can imagine the panic of thinking you may have inadvertently booked an inside cabin!

Thanks Mario for the etiquette suggestions. At our age getting caught in your birthday suit probably qualifies as a travel nightmare.

If anyone catches me in my birthday suit it will indeed be a travel nightmare - for them, not me! :eek:

Unless it is a fire wall door they can be opened. Look at the deck plans and you will see them. They are definitely wider then 18 inches. My husband walks through them just fine and he is a big guy. We've had as many as 6 cabin balconies opened at one time. Maybe mini suites have wider openings then balcony cabins.

Unless it is a fire wall door they can be opened. Look at the deck plans and you will see them. They are definitely wider then 18 inches. My husband walks through them just fine and he is a big guy. We've had as many as 6 cabin balconies opened at one time. Maybe mini suites have wider openings then balcony cabins.
Partition doors are all the same size. On most ships they are about 2 feet wide. Those on the Royal Class ships are closer to 3 feet wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone have pictures of the partition when it is opened? We have cabins B406 and B410 on the Star. It would be nice if they could be opened up!

Here is a pic from the Golden. Just a tip, take something to hold it open in case there is no door latch ;)

20151211_200427.jpg.ac4aaddb2d73e5f9ee161d2e15cdcd71.jpg

Thank you! Is that a cord of some sort holding yours open?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just a regular elastic bungee cord with the hooks on each end . We took a couple to give us options on length.

Does anyone have pictures of the partition when it is opened? We have cabins B406 and B410 on the Star. It would be nice if they could be opened up!
Small photo, but this was Caribbean Princess with all doors on the entire Riviera deck open. It should give you ann idea of size.

doors.jpg.5c8a4bf09fc2d2c486546b68eae58f34.jpg