Drink Prices and Cheers Break Even?

mamiamjo

With ANY beverage, if you're a "moderate" drinker or higher, it's a no brainer. However, IF you have to purchase it x 2, then you may not be ahead in the long run at $800 USD total for a 7 night cruise.

If that's the case, book NCL or Celebrity where 95% of the time their Beverage Package is INCLUDED!!! [emoji106]

[emoji481][emoji485]🥃[emoji483][emoji484][emoji898][emoji479]️[emoji478]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do have to add a side note here.. just so you know you get 15 drinks on cheers max per day. We met a wedding party group on our July cruise and the husband was very disappointed at midnight when he was cut off. He drank 15 beers during their long day and at midnight could not order another. You can NOT even purchase an additional beverage after the 15 drinks. You are cut off. He pouted all the way back to his cabin.. lol

We'd be looking at close to $1000 for 2 people to purchase Cheers! for an 8-night cruise. No way.

Hope to snag a couple of bottles of Moscato at the airport before heading to the ship. My wife and I like to have a small glass while on the balcony. And, I purchase bottle water and have them deliver on board ($9.00). A case each is plenty for us.

Don't think our bar tab has been more than $300 yet, including purchasing Champagne during the 50% off in the Steakhouse and Moscato during dinner.

I just can't see spending/drinking that much alcohol during a cruise. Not judging anyone else, but I'd have to pee all the time if I did that!

I do have to add a side note here.. just so you know you get 15 drinks on cheers max per day. We met a wedding party group on our July cruise and the husband was very disappointed at midnight when he was cut off. He drank 15 beers during their long day and at midnight could not order another. You can NOT even purchase an additional beverage after the 15 drinks. You are cut off. He pouted all the way back to his cabin.. lol

you have to start purchasing drinks "for a friend" prior to drink 15

I'm guessing they wouldn't allow you to order any beer from Room Service either, huh?

He had nobody to blame but himself. He could have switched to the 25 oz Fosters Oil Cans and would have gotten more bang for his buck. Would love to see someone try to polish off 15 of those over the course of a day, or 15 Long Island Iced Teas if they prefer mixed drinks.

I just cant justify the $700 for drinks! We are taking on our bottles of wine and I am taking on cans of cranberry juice to go with the bottle of vodka I bought that will be waiting in our room. Hubs drinks mainly beer during day and might have a glass of wine or whiskey in evening. Even if we have a speciality coffee I dont see us buying 12 drinks a day we might do it a day or two but we have 4 ports to visit and I know would not come close on those days. But I do believe to each his own.:)

[emoji23][emoji23]I've only hit 15 twice and probably would have stopped at 12-13 but when the bartender tells you you have 2 left it becomes a challenge [emoji23][emoji23][emoji484][emoji484]

That's a quick two shots of Patron Anejo to call it a day. [emoji3]

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I have crunched the numbers for a few days and looked at this a dozen different ways....we opted to buy it.

My Wife is not a big drinker but will have a couple a day. Plus she loves coffee.

Me...I'll be lit all day! [emoji23] Plus I'm a top shelf snob when it comes to alcohol. And not a big beer drinker.

We counted drink by drink by day, by time and sea days versus in port. We counted coffees, bottled waters, etc. and we were very close or well over every time we did the math. Even if we went bare minimum we still were very close.

We figured $10 per alcoholic drink including tips. There are 6 days available to drink on our 7 day. Roughly $133 a day. That's 7 drinks a day per person.

So it basically came down to peace of mind. If we were that close to breaking even, if I were off by a few, it's paid for and done.

This is a very person to person (rather couple to couple thanks to Carnival making both buy it) decision. If you don't have more than a couple drinks, not worth it. But like I read earlier, if you are a moderate drinker, no brainer.

We had the Cheers package and really liked it. I think that we broke even. It was well worth it to us to be able to order a drink and not worry about it showing up on your bill later. I don't think we ever got close to 15 a day, but we usually had 7-8 drinks a day.

2 shots 5 minutes apart[emoji23] a lot can happen in five minutes on a cruise ship on drink 14. [emoji484][emoji484][emoji85][emoji85]

But, you are assuming that you drink the first shot immediately and then have to wait 5 minutes. You can always order the first shot, wait five minutes, order the second one and then slam them both back to cap the day off nicely. And since it's Anejo, preferably Don Julio, otherwise Patron, you don't need training wheels (lime & salt).

We had the Cheers package and really liked it. I think that we broke even. It was well worth it to us to be able to order a drink and not worry about it showing up on your bill later. I don't think we ever got close to 15 a day, but we usually had 7-8 drinks a day.
Just make sure that you specify your high end liquor of choice and especially check out the Alchemy Bar if your ship has one. It's the best place to broaden your horizons drink wise and try some new concoctions that you have never had before. You're on vacation, so try something new. If you don't like it, try something else. You've paid for 15 alcoholic drinks and most people don't hit double digits, so you do have some leeway. ;)

We like the cheers program and figure it's a break even for us. Love having the freedom to choose top shelf. I normally would be too cheap to order a glass of wine at $11.50 per glass. With the cheers program, I might have 3 or 4 of them in the evening. Yummy!

Can anyone clarify what size water bottles are included? Last time we got the wrong ones and we were charged.

We like the cheers program and figure it's a break even for us. Love having the freedom to choose top shelf. I normally would be too cheap to order a glass of wine at $11.50 per glass. With the cheers program, I might have 3 or 4 of them in the evening. Yummy!

Can anyone clarify what size water bottles are included? Last time we got the wrong ones and we were charged.

Pretty sure just the small bottles are included.

That's the main reason I like it too! It turns off the how much are you spending voice in my head and let's me relax and order that second cup of coffee and have the extra drink.

Keep in mind that on port days you won't be on the ship that much. I may drink 6 drinks on sea days to break even but can't see breaking even on port days

If you're back on board by 500 and go to bed at 1200, that gives you 7 hours to consume your 5-6 drinks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Pretty sure just the small bottles are included.

That's the main reason I like it too! It turns off the how much are you spending voice in my head and let's me relax and order that second cup of coffee and have the extra drink.

Thanks Ravyn and I agree with you 100%. After all, we are on vacation.