What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

As I was trying to read through this thread to see what the different statuses mean in the portal, I was notified that I had been upgraded. Here's my information for those who might find it helpful:

Booked an MC on the 9/16 Escape Western Caribbean itin through my TA. Out the door with taxes and insurance and my perks taxes/fees, it was ~$2600.

Received my upgrade offer on 8/30.

I bid on H5 for $800, H6 for $1150 and H7 for $850 per person.

When I clicked the link for the upgrade bids earlier this morning, my H5 and H6 bids had shown as Expired and the H7 was shown as Processing.

I received my email a few minutes ago for the H7 upgrade (9706) for the $850/pp ($1700) total. My new total for my cruise for sailing in the H7 is $4365.98.

Current price for an H7 is $6141.58 and a few days ago it was up around $6500 when I originally bid.

Overall, this will be a great surprise for my wife and I as this is our first vacation without our DD since she was born (4.5 years old) and we were just excited to get away.

Thanks for all the helpful posts.

Hi Guys, I apologize, I should know the answer to this, but maybe not too clearly...

Here goes, gonna say I received my offer to upgrade around the 80 day mark, bid very low & its been "under review" all this time, in fact on the bid page its still showing "under review" when I go to the "scale" thing to review my bid, it says pending...good bad or indifferent?

Also , we took out insurance out side of the cruise line, & paid for insurance based on what our total cruise costs were, IF we were to be upgraded, Im guessing we would have to UP our insurance, is that correct?

Thanks

Bonzo

...Also , we took out insurance out side of the cruise line, & paid for insurance based on what our total cruise costs were, IF we were to be upgraded, Im guessing we would have to UP our insurance, is that correct?

Thanks

Bonzo

I am not an insurance agent, but I would not bother. For example, you bought insurance for a $2,500 cabin price. Now you paid $300 extra for an upgrade. If you were to cancel, they might only pay on the $2,500. In the big picture, the stuff that really adds up for insurance is the medical issues - not the cruise being cancelled by you. Putting $300 at risk is pretty small stuff.

And before somebody says not everybody can afford to throw away $300 - keep in mind in this example, the passenger apparently can afford it - he paid it. It might not be able to "afford" the personal distaste for paying and not getting the cruise...

As I was trying to read through this thread to see what the different statuses mean in the portal, I was notified that I had been upgraded. Here's my information for those who might find it helpful:

Booked an MC on the 9/16 Escape Western Caribbean itin through my TA. Out the door with taxes and insurance and my perks taxes/fees, it was ~$2600.

Received my upgrade offer on 8/30.

I bid on H5 for $800, H6 for $1150 and H7 for $850 per person.

When I clicked the link for the upgrade bids earlier this morning, my H5 and H6 bids had shown as Expired and the H7 was shown as Processing.

I received my email a few minutes ago for the H7 upgrade (9706) for the $850/pp ($1700) total. My new total for my cruise for sailing in the H7 is $4365.98.

Current price for an H7 is $6141.58 and a few days ago it was up around $6500 when I originally bid.

Overall, this will be a great surprise for my wife and I as this is our first vacation without our DD since she was born (4.5 years old) and we were just excited to get away.

Thanks for all the helpful posts.

Congrats on the upgrade! Thanks for the great info!

Received our upgrade acceptance for 01 Oct cruise on the BA today - bid 530 pp (starting bid was 400 pp) for a Haven Spa Balcony H9 - (started with a standard Spa Balcony) - which was in the poor category on their meter. I did not bid on any other Haven categories as the spa is important to us. When I checked yesterday there were only two available rooms left - so I was surprised that this low offer was accepted so soon. Overall - our cost is 700 pp lower than the rate if someone was to book today. Going to be a nice surprise for DH on boarding day!

Received our upgrade acceptance for 01 Oct cruise on the BA today - bid 530 pp (starting bid was 400 pp) for a Haven Spa Balcony H9 - (started with a standard Spa Balcony) - which was in the poor category on their meter. I did not bid on any other Haven categories as the spa is important to us. When I checked yesterday there were only two available rooms left - so I was surprised that this low offer was accepted so soon. Overall - our cost is 700 pp lower than the rate if someone was to book today. Going to be a nice surprise for DH on boarding day!

So that's an interesting question - if I bid on a balcony and get upgraded to a spa balcony, do we get spa access? I didn't even consider the spa balconies, but a search just showed a decent amount available on my cruise. (Still plenty of time to book up, but still got me wondering)

So that's an interesting question - if I bid on a balcony and get upgraded to a spa balcony, do we get spa access? I didn't even consider the spa balconies, but a search just showed a decent amount available on my cruise. (Still plenty of time to book up, but still got me wondering)

On our last cruise just before the bidding for upgrades started we were emailed several times and finally took a H9 Haven spa balcony for an additional $500 per person and yes we did get the spa package plus kept our previous offers from the reg. Balcony we had purchased. The only thing we didn't get was the extra on board credit. But, now I kinda wish we didn't see how amazing the haven was..now hubby won't cruise without it! So we are back in another H9 for Feb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

this is covered in the FAQs that were linked to a few posts back.

Where did my bid page go? I am bidding on a Balcony from an inside on the Breakaway. I can not find a link to get to the bidding page?

There "was" the Upgrade Your Cruise banner at the top of the page when I logged into my account on the NCL site....and a message in my message box inviting me to bid. Both took me to the bidding page.

Two days ago the Banner disappeared as well as the message out of my box.

If this process can happen up to 2 days before you cruise and my cruise is October 1st 2017...then why are they gone? There are lots of empty balcony cabins at this point: many categories showing 15 or more.

What am I missing?

HLR

this is covered in the FAQs that were linked to a few posts back.

All I see in the FAQ and T&C's is you could be upgraded OUT of a Spa cabin and lose spa access, nothing about spa access if you end up with a spa cabin.

You may know NCL's workings better than I, or many others here, know; can you just let us know plain yes or no if upgrade from a balcony to spa cabin includes spa access? Or can someone else?

All I see in the FAQ and T&C's is you could be upgraded OUT of a Spa cabin and lose spa access, nothing about spa access if you end up with a spa cabin.

You may know NCL's workings better than I, or many others here, know; can you just let us know plain yes or no if upgrade from a balcony to spa cabin includes spa access? Or can someone else?

The Spa access comes with the Spa cabin no matter how it was booked, outright or with an upgrade. I am not sure however if you can specify bidding on a regular spa balcony. We had originally booked a spa balcony and with the upgrade invite - we could have bid on a mini-suite - but could not designate a Spa Mini.

Have you checked your Credit Card to see if it's been charged? Did you receive any email regarding a change? Have you logged into MyNCL to check your cabin under Vacation Summary... so many ways to look for information.

Good luck.

Let's see...Yes I looked, no charge on my card: No email from NCL, Yes I've logged in [that is where I said the banner is gone, as well as the message from my box].

So I did everything you suggested...it's like the offer, the program and my bid never existed!

Mystifying!

HLR

Let's see...Yes I looked, no charge on my card: No email from NCL, Yes I've logged in [that is where I said the banner is gone, as well as the message from my box].

So I did everything you suggested...it's like the offer, the program and my bid never existed!

Mystifying!

HLR

You should have a past email where they confirmed your bid. Pull that up and there should be a section in that email that says click here. Click on it and see where it takes you. It should take you to the upgrade page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk