What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Let's see...Yes I looked, no charge on my card: No email from NCL, Yes I've logged in [that is where I said the banner is gone, as well as the message from my box].

So I did everything you suggested...it's like the offer, the program and my bid never existed!

Mystifying!

HLR

Sorry, wasn't trying to sound insulting, it certainly is mystifying. Haven't read where anyone has noticed a time frame for the offer to upgrade either. Have you found the email you received originally asking you to upgrade?

Good luck.

As to the missing upgrade info post - maybe they are just in a mess right now. Still dealing with stuff from Harvey and Galveston, now cancelling cruises leaving this weekend. And, having to deal with those cruises due to return to Miami this weekend. Add in that their staff is either evacuating or getting their homes ready for the storm. Yikes.

I would just give it a few days since the cruise is not until October.

You should have a past email where they confirmed your bid. Pull that up and there should be a section in that email that says click here. Click on it and see where it takes you. It should take you to the upgrade page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are Brilliant! That is the ONE place I didn't think to look! As I said the message disappeared from the inbox on NCL's site. It used to say "Pending"....Now it says "Processing"....does that mean a yes? I hate to get excited...

HLR

You are Brilliant! That is the ONE place I didn't think to look! As I said the message disappeared from the inbox on NCL's site. It used to say "Pending"....Now it says "Processing"....does that mean a yes? I hate to get excited...

HLR

That is a yes! You got it congratulations

I went just went to the site for the NCL Upgrade Advantage Program, to place 2 bids on our upcoming 10/21/17 cruise out of New York. Put all the information in, and can't get past the save and enter place. I assume that they are shutting down, and evacuating because of Hurricane Irma is headed their way. Don't blame them, because it was bad along the Texas Coast.

Sorry, wasn't trying to sound insulting, it certainly is mystifying. Haven't read where anyone has noticed a time frame for the offer to upgrade either. Have you found the email you received originally asking you to upgrade?

Good luck.

No, no, no...you weren't insulting...not to worry. I have read that you can be notified up to 2 days before and can modify your bid. But these options just disappeared! Poof! Why would they delete a message from my inbox? That is what is mystifying!

HLR

I went just went to the site for the NCL Upgrade Advantage Program, to place 2 bids on our upcoming 10/21/17 cruise out of New York. Put all the information in, and can't get past the save and enter place. I assume that they are shutting down, and evacuating because of Hurricane Irma is headed their way. Don't blame them, because it was bad along the Texas Coast.

Yea it isn't letting me check on my bids either, so maybe the site is down?

Thanks to this thread, I just bid on an upgrade to a Haven Spa Balcony for our 11/25 cruise. Fingers crossed since the cruise is my 50th Birthday gift.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am on the Escape on Nov 25th. I was excited prior to Erma. Which ship are you on?

That is a yes! You got it congratulations

Oh My Goodness! I did! To a really nice location Balcony! I wonder if the website program automatically removes the banner and message when they start the process so you don't futz with it once they start futzing with it? We may never know!

HLR

We were on the 1/28 Escape sailing and just got off the ship today. We initially booked a mid-ship mini suite. Around 80 or so days out we received an email to place bids on the Haven suites. They give you the option to bid 2 categories above what you initially booked. We initially bid $500 per person for the H5, H6, and H7 suites. A week before the cruise we still hadn't heard anything so we upped our bids to $650 per person- we really wanted the Haven! 3 days before sailing we received confirmation our bid was accepted for the H7. It was an amazing trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are heading out Oct 1 on the Breakaway and also bid on H7 (I went to $720). Received confirmation yesterday that we were awarded the bid. Seeing as you experienced this do you mind a few questions?

If you don't mind:

-How is the ride in that area should I pack extra dramamine?

-Is it far from the Haven courtyard?

-How did you handle the tipping of the Butler, Concierge, Steward? ie: Cash at the end of the cruise, or as service provided. Is there an option to use your onboard account to deliver the tip(s)?

-We originally had the 3 specialty restaurant dining package is that mute now; are they all included with the Haven?

-We booked restaurants and entertainment ahead, if you did the same was the concierge able to provide better seating or improve dining times?

-We are not big consumers of alcohol--I have never had any at all..just a personal choice; and my wife enjoys a very occasional drink--that aside are all drinks now included?

-Seeing as we are an upsell--as were you-- did it seem like you were a second class citizen or was it pretty transparent?

Needless to say this is our first time in a venue such as this, and honestly I feel awkward with the service and attention. How was you experiance with the whole upgrade?

Please add any other information or advice that you think appropriate.

...As an aside to all reading this, I wasn't mindful when placing the bid that the increased fare also adds more to taxes and fees as well as the expense of the extra gratuities, not a problem but keep it in mind.

Has anyone received the upgrade offer when they have booked within the 80 day window that the notifications seem to get sent out?

We booked exactly at the 80 day mark and wondering if we should still expect an upgrade offer.

It doesn't seem to matter when you book. I've seen several posters who booked only a few weeks out and still got the offer to upgrade.

It doesn't seem to matter when you book. I've seen several posters who booked only a few weeks out and still got the offer to upgrade.

Not sure what everyone means by 'upgrade offer' I just went to MY NCL and the front page had a banner stating the new upgrade bidding method. I put my bids in a few weeks ago for Oct 1 cruise and received an email awarding my upgrade yesterday.

We are heading out Oct 1 on the Breakaway and also bid on H7 (I went to $720). Received confirmation yesterday that we were awarded the bid. Seeing as you experienced this do you mind a few questions?

If you don't mind:

-How is the ride in that area should I pack extra dramamine?

-Is it far from the Haven courtyard?

-How did you handle the tipping of the Butler, Concierge, Steward? ie: Cash at the end of the cruise, or as service provided. Is there an option to use your onboard account to deliver the tip(s)?

-We originally had the 3 specialty restaurant dining package is that mute now; are they all included with the Haven?

-We booked restaurants and entertainment ahead, if you did the same was the concierge able to provide better seating or improve dining times?

-We are not big consumers of alcohol--I have never had any at all..just a personal choice; and my wife enjoys a very occasional drink--that aside are all drinks now included?

-Seeing as we are an upsell--as were you-- did it seem like you were a second class citizen or was it pretty transparent?

Needless to say this is our first time in a venue such as this, and honestly I feel awkward with the service and attention. How was you experiance with the whole upgrade?

Please add any other information or advice that you think appropriate.

...As an aside to all reading this, I wasn't mindful when placing the bid that the increased fare also adds more to taxes and fees as well as the expense of the extra gratuities, not a problem but keep it in mind.

Hey, congrats on our upgrade! You will love it. I am not the person you asked, but we did an upgrade last year on the Breakaway from a Balcony to H5. The haven is forward with rooms on 15 and 16 as well as a sun deck on 17. Depending on what floor your H7 is will determine how far you are from the haven. We tipped the butler, concierge and steward in cash. As far as the perks - you keep what you originally picked when you booked your original room. Nothing is taken away and nothing is added. Also, we did not feel like a second class citizen because of the upgrade and didn't notice anyone else being treated different either.

Thanks to this thread, I just bid on an upgrade to a Haven Spa Balcony for our 11/25 cruise. Fingers crossed since the cruise is my 50th Birthday gift.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you get it can you post pics once in it, I'm interested to see what they're like [emoji4]

Hey, congrats on our upgrade! You will love it. I am not the person you asked, but we did an upgrade last year on the Breakaway from a Balcony to H5. The haven is forward with rooms on 15 and 16 as well as a sun deck on 17. Depending on what floor your H7 is will determine how far you are from the haven. We tipped the butler, concierge and steward in cash. As far as the perks - you keep what you originally picked when you booked your original room. Nothing is taken away and nothing is added. Also, we did not feel like a second class citizen because of the upgrade and didn't notice anyone else being treated different either.

Thanks, that's helpful. So although we have access to the Haven lounge and restaurant we will be charged for partaking I guess. We are excited for the upgrade and relaxation is our objective, hoping for a smooth sail and a warm sun.

Thanks, that's helpful. So although we have access to the Haven lounge and restaurant we will be charged for partaking I guess. We are excited for the upgrade and relaxation is our objective, hoping for a smooth sail and a warm sun.

You will not be charged fornthe haven restaurant. You will only be charged if you order a drink and do not have ubp. We are sailing on 10/1 too aft penthouse. We just did it outright. Too scared to lose the bid lol. Be careful there's no going back now.

You will not be charged fornthe haven restaurant. You will only be charged if you order a drink and do not have ubp. We are sailing on 10/1 too aft penthouse. We just did it outright. Too scared to lose the bid lol. Be careful there's no going back now.

We are sailing out of NY on 10/1 up front (H7) perhaps we will meet up. I would like to say 'one last question' but I doubt it. Is there priority boarding in NY (if you know) and how to we go about finding it?

We are sailing out of NY on 10/1 up front (H7) perhaps we will meet up. I would like to say 'one last question' but I doubt it. Is there priority boarding in NY (if you know) and how to we go about finding it?

We are on your sailing and also won our bid to the Haven.... you will really enjoy it! Yes there is priority boarding in NYC. When you show your edocs to the folks when you enter the terminal they will direct youto the Haven security line and check in area.

Yes to the right is Haven security. All the way in the back of the terminal on the right hand side is the Haven check in area with snacks and coffee/tea. If you can't find the priority security or check in just ask where to go for Haven guests they will guide you to where you need to be.