Tipping on specialty drinks

I have been reading a lot about the different drink packages available on Celebrity and in regards to tipping.

I'm still befuddled....Does Celebrity and an 18% tip to each drink or is that 18% tax?

If it is a tip I think that is plenty given the 2 drinks my husband and I have will give the bartender 36% tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

36% tip? That's not how percentages work :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's "aleternate" math!

The tip is added to the drink packages when you buy or upgrade them and it's 18%. You don't need to worry about any tipping if you have a drink package.

If you buy a drink an 18% tip is added (same as nearly every other cruise line).

Just out of curiosity, how did you arrive at 36%?

Simple math (example)...

One drink@ $10 = $10 + 18% for a total of $11.80

Two drinks @ $10 = $20 + 18% for a total of $23.60!

There is NO 36%!

The simple answer to your question is that the gratuity is added to the price of the package, so you pay nothing extra per drink, even if you got the package as a perk, so sit back, sip your fru-fru drink and don't worry about it!

The 18% tip is already covered in the cost of the package. Just walk up to the bar, request your drink, get your drink, say thank you and walk away. :)

Myself, I intend to leave some cash tips for those bartenders that I feel go above and beyond for my party and myself, but it certainly isn't necessary.

Dan

BUT....you can always leave them a buck. Maybe it is just me but I DO NOT TRUST the cruise line bean counters when it comes to the fair distribution of so the $$$ they collect !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I also find that tipping a buck or two now and again ensures the bar staff takes care of me just that little bit better. And tipping the pool waiters also ensures they check on you more than once a day. Take a stack of one dollar bills, hand a few out and watch the change!

The 18% tip is already covered in the cost of the package. Just walk up to the bar, request your drink, get your drink, say thank you and walk away. :)

Myself, I intend to leave some cash tips for those bartenders that I feel go above and beyond for my party and myself, but it certainly isn't necessary.

Dan

I completely agree with some additional tips. There are 9 in our group. If we're relaxing for a while at the Sunset Bar I want to know that our bartender is attentive to our needs and will gladly compensate extra cash $$ for that prompt attention.

After all TIPS mean To Insure Proper Service 😎

Just out of curiosity, how did you arrive at 36%?

Simple math (example)...

One drink@ $10 = $10 + 18% for a total of $11.80

Two drinks @ $10 = $20 + 18% for a total of $23.60!

There is NO 36%!

The simple answer to your question is that the gratuity is added to the price of the package, so you pay nothing extra per drink, even if you got the package as a perk, so sit back, sip your fru-fru drink and don't worry about it!

Surely its math(S) .. as in mathematic(S),...?.. with an S

Thank you.. love from your English friends.

x

I love mathematics.

Thats why I always shop in stores offering 10% off.

I buy ten items, and get them all for free!

What's not to like?

By the way...i have never found bribery works on Celebrity

Ha ha.

Cheers Sollyman.

Me and the Aussies are with you re bribery.

Surely its math(S) .. as in mathematic(S),...?.. with an S

Thank you.. love from your English friends.

x

It's Maths in the UK and math in the US.

As a Londoner living in Georgia, believe me, I know! (Lived in Bollington, near Macclesfield for a few years, too!).

BUT....you can always leave them a buck. Maybe it is just me but I DO NOT TRUST the cruise line bean counters when it comes to the fair distribution of so the $$$ they collect !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I second this. In fact, I'll go further, make sure to drop them an extra buck or two. Because of drink packages, the tip pool is probably smaller than it used to be and is split, at a minimum by all bartenders and servers on the ship. An extra buck or two can go a long way to saying thanks. BTW, it helps the service you get too.:)

Quick q. If you get the premium package as a perk the 18% is included and you don't pay it. My q is when you order the $13 drink maximum will you then pay the tip or is the perk $13 drink max and the tip on top of that included.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, the tip is not calculated when looking at maximum prices. IOW, you can have anything that has a price of $13 without gratuity, and with the premium package, if the drink is, say $15, you only pay the $2 (plus 36c grat!) difference.

I love mathematics.

Thats why I always shop in stores offering 10% off.

I buy ten items, and get them all for free!

What's not to like?

By the way...i have never found bribery works on Celebrity

What kind of math are you using?

I have been reading a lot about the different drink packages available on Celebrity and in regards to tipping.

I'm still befuddled....Does Celebrity and an 18% tip to each drink or is that 18% tax?

If it is a tip I think that is plenty given the 2 drinks my husband and I have will give the bartender 36% tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, it is 18% per drink, not 36% because you have double the drink price too.

Gratuity is subjective for any service worker. My wife tips her hair dresser, I would never consider tipping my barber.

Does anyone ever tip a few extra $ after having a few drinks at the bar. Typically we have a drink package and will throw a few $ for the bartender. Are they able to pocket that or must it be pooled with all other staff on the ship.

Does anyone ever tip a few extra $ after having a few drinks at the bar. Typically we have a drink package and will throw a few $ for the bartender. Are they able to pocket that or must it be pooled with all other staff on the ship.

50/50, depends on the quality of the service.

No, it is 18% per drink, not 36% because you have double the drink price too.

Gratuity is subjective for any service worker. My wife tips her hair dresser, I would never consider tipping my barber.

Just curious, why don't you tip your barber?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk