Luggage valet on Equinox?

JADS64

I have read on the boards that Celebrity luggage valet is available once again on some ships. Does anyone know if it available on the Equinox? We have a large amount of onboard credit and i will "save some" if this the case.

Cruise raider, thanks so much for the info. I had never really looked into it in the past since Air Canada didn't participate. However after realizing we are flying American airlines, i thought we might take advantage of it.

Cruise raider, thanks so much for the info. I had never really looked into it in the past since Air Canada didn't participate. However after realizing we are flying American airlines, i thought we might take advantage of it.

We could never use Valet luggage before even if we were on a US airline. If you are flying to Canada you have to be the one to drop off your own luggage at check in. Probably because you are going to another country. Never hurts to try though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On the Silhouette last week SWA was not participating :(. I also found out you have to sign up 3 days before the last night to participate. I don't remember receiving any information on it in our cabin. Next time will know better.....

How does luggage valet work? We have a 6 pm flight out of Ft Lauderdale on the day we disembark.

You put your bags out at night like usual. They take them to the airport and check them in. You get your boarding passes for your flight, the night before in your room.

If you have that much time until your flight , why not save the money and buy something to eat in the airport. This is just what I would do. Not for everyone. We used Luggage valet last time and we had a late flight and one our bags actually got delayed until the next flight arrived in Philadelphia. We got it the next morning. Luggage valet is really useful if you have a flight where you want to go right to Security check-in as soon as you enter the airport, or if you really need a porter to help with bags. . IMO!!!

You put your bags out at night like usual. They take them to the airport and check them in. You get your boarding passes for your flight, the night before in your room.

If you have that much time until your flight , why not save the money and buy something to eat in the airport. This is just what I would do. Not for everyone. We used Luggage valet last time and we had a late flight and one our bags actually got delayed until the next flight arrived in Philadelphia. We got it the next morning. Luggage valet is really useful if you have a flight where you want to go right to Security check-in as soon as you enter the airport, or if you really need a porter to help with bags. . IMO!!!

Thank you, something to think about.

g. Luggage valet is really useful if you have a flight where you want to go right to Security check-in as soon as you enter the airport, or if you really need a porter to help with bags. . IMO!!!

Or if you would like to kill some time and not have to lug your bags around

First time using luggage valet on Friday on the Equinox - it was great for us. We had 4 bags for 2 of us (it was a long trip!) & my husband is blind so it's always a bit of a hassle to lug the suitcases around. We had a connecting flight & when we got home our bags we one of the first to hit the carousel. I would definitely do it again when available (plus we had some onboard credit, so didn't feel it cost us anything).

Charlene

First time using luggage valet on Friday on the Equinox - it was great for us. We had 4 bags for 2 of us (it was a long trip!) & my husband is blind so it's always a bit of a hassle to lug the suitcases around. We had a connecting flight & when we got home our bags we one of the first to hit the carousel. I would definitely do it again when available (plus we had some onboard credit, so didn't feel it cost us anything).

Charlene

What time did your flight leave? I ask because our flight doesn't leave until 6:10 pm, it is a non-stop flight.

Just off the Equinox on Friday last week. Used the Luggage Valet, had a 450P flight out of MIA, and it was great ! We simply went through Customs and BP with small carry ons. Put the bags out the night before, boarding passes in hand, we enjoyed a day on FLL without luggage and went to MIA for our flight. All bags arrived with us in PHL. Would do this again if available and certainly worth the nominal cost for a great deal of 'comfort'.

We are stoked that this service is back. Tried to use it a couple of years ago, but our flight was only minutes away from cut-off (yeah, don't bother getting into that discussion with Guest Relations!!) . We plan on using this 'no brainer' service in a couple of weeks. If United changes our flight time, I will be righteously PO'd :eek: as we are onside by minutes!!

I am so glad that luggage valet seems to have risen from the ashes. We have used this service several times and were unhappy that it seemed to have gone the way of the dodo. Hopefully those who need the service will now be able to use it throughout the Celebrity fleet.

I would be very surprised if it ever goes fleetwide. It would be great if it gets offered at Cape Liberty, the ports in California, and San Juan. It was already announced that it should return to Seattle, so we will have to watch this summer to see if that comes to pass.