Cruise Port Guide

jiminyC_fan

Thank you JiminyC. Great visuals in the video. I don't suppose we cruise the fjord (arriving or departing) in the daylight. I wish they would give port arrival and departure times.

If you are referring to Geiranger, the answer is yes you will be sailing in daylight coming and going--and it is gorgeous. They don't call the cruise "Midnight Sun" for nothing; good thing the cabins have room darkening curtains. We were in Geiranger on July 1, barely two weeks after the equinox. Sunrise was around 4 am and sunset was around 11pm. Even after the sun has dropped below the horizon, it doesn't really get dark. You will eat dinner in daylight for most of the cruise--and it will still be light out as you walk out of the theater after the show.

If you go to https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/ , you can look up sunrise and sunset times for each of the ports on your cruise.

PS. Thank you for the link. Have you also seen Tom's Port Guides?

If you are referring to Geiranger, the answer is yes you will be sailing in daylight coming and going--and it is gorgeous. They don't call the cruise "Midnight Sun" for nothing; good thing the cabins have room darkening curtains. We were in Geiranger on July 1, barely two weeks after the equinox. Sunrise was around 4 am and sunset was around 11pm. Even after the sun has dropped below the horizon, it doesn't really get dark. You will eat dinner in daylight for most of the cruise--and it will still be light out as you walk out of the theater after the show.

If you go to https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/ , you can look up sunrise and sunset times for each of the ports on your cruise.

PS. Thank you for the link. Have you also seen Tom's Port Guides?

Wow another great guide.

Thank you

:-)

Thanks Peregrina but I was referring to Eidjford on the Homelands Cruise. Since shore excursions start around 9 AM, I figure they will have arrived by 7 AM and so perhaps we can enjoy some scenery on the departure but have no idea what time that will be. Oh well.

Odda was the only town along Eidfjord that I could find in the list of towns on Time and Date. Here's the link to the sunrise/sunset charts; it will give you at least an estimate of sunset times.

Also, under normal circumstances, you should be able to find port arrival and departure times on My Viking Journey. Click on Menu in the upper left hand corner and then choose My Account from the drop-down menu. Here you should find "My Journey Details" including booking number, cabin number and the day by day itinerary with arrival and departure times.