Dining on first night aboard Marina

argybargy

Does anyone know whether course by course in suite dining is available in PH suites on the first evening?

It is, but you'll meed to let your butler know as early as possible, as he will probably need to shift a few duties around.

You'll also need to be cognizant of not conflicting with the muster drill. Eating later will result in better service than earlier.

PS Never think that it is too early in the Cruise to tip ;)

Just off the Mariner. Our Butler never mentioned the course by course dining to us. We knew about it, of course, and had thought about having the service later in the week. However, after having breakfast served one morning, we decided that having a dinner in the PH would be too cramped. And the balcony did not have a large table, which surprised us. We were in an extended balcony PH.

We had planned on having breakfast on the balcony as we came into port one morning. Before ordering the night before, we checked the Daily for the next days weather report. It was to be sunny. However, we awoke to pouring rain. :eek: The Butler did an excellent job of making sure everything fit on the table (and even on the bed end), but having him serve us felt a little awkward.

Just off the Mariner. Our Butler never mentioned the course by course dining to us. We knew about it, of course, and had thought about having the service later in the week. However, after having breakfast served one morning, we decided that having a dinner in the PH would be too cramped. And the balcony did not have a large table, which surprised us. We were in an extended balcony PH.

We had planned on having breakfast on the balcony as we came into port one morning. Before ordering the night before, we checked the Daily for the next days weather report. It was to be sunny. However, we awoke to pouring rain. :eek: The Butler did an excellent job of making sure everything fit on the table (and even on the bed end), but having him serve us felt a little awkward.

And it would be especially rough in the room you were in as you are missing a couple of feet at the end of the bed that the other PH's have.

I would not do it night one. Really unfair to your butler imo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are so right. The first day the butler has so much to do just meeting new guests and getting what everyone wants that he really does not have time to serve dinner the right way. Somehow every cruise we need him to set up the internet on our I Pad and the laptop and that takes a bit of time. If everyone needed this help he just could not have the time to get everything right. Would be a lot better for you later in the cruise.

And it would be especially rough in the room you were in as you are missing a couple of feet at the end of the bed that the other PH's have.

Nope, ours did not have the missing feet. :D It was the stateroom aft of us that did. Still a little tight IMO. I think that the table and 2 chairs could be eliminated have the table over near the couch and chair instead of the coffee table.

I was really surprised at how close the bed was to the wall. Stand up out of bed and smack! :eek: But I could have lived in the closet and bathroom. Very nice!

The arrival day can be tiring, even if you have arrived in the departure port a day or more earlier. Usually we do so and check in to the ship early for lunch, but not always. Even so, waiting for your luggage, unpacking, doing the drill, etc., takes its toll.

Even so, we've never asked to have dinner in our room on boarding day. We either go to the GDR or if REALLY tired, Terrace. On some occasions (as I have mentioned before) we were able to get a specialty restaurant reservation at the last minute -- generally with friends.

If we are dining alone, we'll either go to the GDR or Terrace.

As RJB said, boarding day is really busy for all the staff and I'd never ask them to serve us in our room. If I did, I wouldn't ask for "course by course".

Mura

Mura

Nope, ours did not have the missing feet. :D It was the stateroom aft of us that did. Still a little tight IMO. I think that the table and 2 chairs could be eliminated have the table over near the couch and chair instead of the coffee table.

I was really surprised at how close the bed was to the wall. Stand up out of bed and smack! :eek: But I could have lived in the closet and bathroom. Very nice!

My mistake, I forgot about those two PH's