100ml Rule On Liquids

We all know the 100ml limit on liquids in our carry on luggage on international flights, but does anyone know if this 100ml limit applies if we sail out of Australia on cruise ships? I can't seem to find the answer using Google as all it mention is departures from international airports. I'm thinking of bringing 2 bottles of wine on board the ship. RCI recommends taking the wine in my carry on luggage instead of checked luggage. If the 100ml limit apply, then this would contradict RCI's recommendations.

We all know the 100ml limit on liquids in our carry on luggage on international flights, but does anyone know if this 100ml limit applies if we sail out of Australia on cruise ships? I can't seem to find the answer using Google as all it mention is departures from international airports. I'm thinking of bringing 2 bottles of wine on board the ship. RCI recommends taking the wine in my carry on luggage instead of checked luggage. If the 100ml limit apply, then this would contradict RCI's recommendations.

I can guarantee you that it does not apply on domestic flights. We often take our two bottles of wine in our carry-on bag.

I am not sure if you are referring to flying domestic in Australia or carrying liquids on the cruise ship?

Here is Qantas info on carrying alcohol

http://www.qantas.com/travel/airlines/dangerous-goods/global/en#alcoholic-beverages

We carried 6 bottles of unopened wine last flight.........check with your airline, or online, it is in the dangerous goods section.

and you can take one bottle per person free of corkage on RCI.

RCI's recommendations are for the cruise not the flight, if you put it in your luggage and they see it in the scan your bags may be held and opened. Some cruisers like to see if they can get away with carrying on their bottles and packing some in their luggage.

I would also suggest carrying it on the plane also!!

As has been said, the restriction applies to international flights only. Domestics and ships fine.

http://travelsecure.infrastructure.gov.au/onboard/liquids-aerosols-and-gels.aspx

I was transmitting Hong Kong a few years back. Duty free prices are great in the international terminal. Except when your lovely litres of usually expensive whiskey are confiscated at the door of the plane. They also confiscated the bottles people had brought with them from Europe etc prior to HK.

• 2 weeks later...
The 100ml limit on liquids in carry on luggage on international flights, Does NOT apply to cruise ships.

Quite correct. We had a chuckle once when going through boarding security on Sea Princess. Many passengers were dumping their drink bottles before the scanners!

RCI allow 2 bottles of wine per cabin. Last month we took three on Radiance, two in my suitcase one in hers.