Carnival Glory Drydock Update

Shaded Lady

looks like its sailing in circles just south of Freeport killing time till it can dock in Miami in the morning. i bet they head into port of Miami during the night after the ships that are there now sail out this evening.

Not killing time... running checks, system checks, massive cleanup and finishing touches... they are working their butts off right now!! It's the LAST push!

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any current pics of the Glory after the waterworks upgrade? Does it make it super crowded on the lido and outside decks surrounding it? I'm contemplating sailing on her and am curious about how this upgrade looks and affects the crowdedness of things.

Thanks in advance!

I don't have an answer to your question, but this is just MY 2 cents worth. :)

We Were on the Glory from the 18th to the 25th of this month. Even though most of the construction was (I believe they opened it up the day before we got off the ship and my sons were able to do the slide) just about over, they did have that area all closed off. As for crowing on deck 9, even though it was spring break for several, I as an older adult, never saw it too crowded at that time.

Does anyone have any current pics of the Glory after the waterworks upgrade? Does it make it super crowded on the lido and outside decks surrounding it? I'm contemplating sailing on her and am curious about how this upgrade looks and affects the crowdedness of things.

Thanks in advance!

Did not seem crowded at all to me, we traveled March 25.

Just read on another thread, that Glory, along w ALL the other Conquest Class ships,

will no longer have Aft end Adults only pools/areas.

They are now "family friendly"....

Alot of cruisers NOT happy..

saying Carnival is trying to be Disney "Cheaper"..

times'a changing...