Trade in a Pinnacle dinner for room service?

3rdGenCunarder

We have Explore 4, which includes a dinner at Pinnacle. Pinnacle entrees are on the room service menu for a fee. Has anyone tried trading in the Pinnacle dinner for room service? I know that the room service item is just the main course, but we'd like to have dinner on our balcony a few times and it occurred to me that this could be a nice way to "do" the Pinnacle.

Excellent question. How much does the Room Service Pinnacle dinner cost? If it is less than the price of dining in the Pinnacle, you could make a good case for having the room delivery of the smaller meal instead of the included meal.

Bet they would take you up on it if you ask on the ship.

Also bet they haven't thought about it.

Excellent question. How much does the Room Service Pinnacle dinner cost? If it is less than the price of dining in the Pinnacle, you could make a good case for having the room delivery of the smaller meal instead of the included meal.

I don't know how much it cost, but definitely less than the charge for the dinner. I can't find the room service menu, except on Roger's site and that version has no upcharge items. But there was a discussion of a charge for a dive-in burger on room service, and maybe I saw the Pinnacle items in that discussion. Or maybe I was hallucinating... :eek:

I found a description of the new Holland in room dining here on cruise critic. This multipage document does list the costs for in room dining towards the next to the last page. It includes delivery from the Dive Inn, Tamarand, and Pinnacle. Steaks are $10 per order. Lobster (12 oz) is $20. A 5 oz lobster addition to a steak is $10. You'll notice that the sides are limited to mashed potatoes, mushrooms, and creamed spinach.

The fact that this is cheaper than an actual visit to the PG may not carry any weight. There may be accounting issues concerning billing between room service and the PG.

http://images.r.cruisecritic.com/news/2016/11/hal-room-service-menu.pdf

We will be on Oosterdam in a short while so we will check.

I found a description of the new Holland in room dining here on cruise critic. This multipage document does list the costs for in room dining towards the next to the last page. It includes delivery from the Dive Inn, Tamarand, and Pinnacle. Steaks are $10 per order. Lobster (12 oz) is $20. A 5 oz lobster addition to a steak is $10. You'll notice that the sides are limited to mashed potatoes, mushrooms, and creamed spinach.

The fact that this is cheaper than an actual visit to the PG may not carry any weight. There may be accounting issues concerning billing between room service and the PG.

http://images.r.cruisecritic.com/news/2016/11/hal-room-service-menu.pdf

We will be on Oosterdam in a short while so we will check.

Thank you! That's the menu I was remembering. I don't mind those sides. We aren't fussy about potatoes and we always order the creamed spinach. DH isn't fond of the long meal at Pinnacle, so I thought this might be a way to make both of us happy.

Thank you! That's the menu I was remembering. I don't mind those sides. We aren't fussy about potatoes and we always order the creamed spinach. DH isn't fond of the long meal at Pinnacle, so I thought this might be a way to make both of us happy.

Glad to help. We'll be on Oosterdam in early March and we have Xplore4. We had planned to do the Pinnacle to celebrate our anniversary but wife wants to do a dinner on the balcony.

Yes, yes, Yes andyes. As usual, Ruth, I think you are spot on. I would be surprised if they do not say, okay.

I too think that is a great question.. :cool:DH has been ill & hates to wait at any restaurant.. Room service is a wonderful option & having one from Pinnacle under the Explore 4 would also be a treat..

Please let us know when you find out..

Thanks