Hot chocolate on ALASKAN cruises....

rgmacm

Did I read somewhere here on CC that on ALASKAN cruises, the hot chocolate is complementary? (At the very least, in big dispensers on the pool deck on Glacier Bay Day?)

Yes...I realize that hot chocolate is not complementary on a regular basis, but seem to remember someone saying that it was on Alaskan cruises. Am I right on this?

We're considering the Soda N More pkg (with hot chocolate being a major factor in the decision) but if it's going to be complementary anyway, that greatly decreases the 'value' of the pkg for us....

Thanks!

So....can you wait until Day 2 or 3 to find these things out before purchasing a Soda N More pkg? If you wait do they just charge you for the remaining days of your cruise? -or for the full length of the cruise regardless of when it's purchased?

So....can you wait until Day 2 or 3 to find these things out before purchasing a Soda N More pkg? If you wait do they just charge you for the remaining days of your cruise? -or for the full length of the cruise regardless of when it's purchased?

You will be charged for the full length of the cruise.

I had heard they charged for hot chocolate on the Alaskan cruises. DH likes a cup in the evening before retiring when we cruise. So I went armed with a box of Swiss Miss. I was fixing a cup in the Lido when a woman asked me where I had found it. I told her I had brought it from home. She wanted to buy some off of me. I had an extra packet with me so I gave it to her. I had a new BFF (lol). Not a big deal to bring a few packets from home and hot water is always available in the Lido.

Tucker in Texas

I had heard they charged for hot chocolate on the Alaskan cruises. DH likes a cup in the evening before retiring when we cruise. So I went armed with a box of Swiss Miss. I was fixing a cup in the Lido when a woman asked me where I had found it. I told her I had brought it from home. She wanted to buy some off of me. I had an extra packet with me so I gave it to her. I had a new BFF (lol). Not a big deal to bring a few packets from home and hot water is always available in the Lido.Tucker in Texas

I always just get a hot chocolate at the IC when ever I want it. It's really good Hot chocolate with whipped cream on top. In all of our Alaskan cruises I've never seen complementary hot chocolate in the HC or out on deck, they must have kept it hidden. I have seen them selling it.

Up until about 6 years or so ago there were packages of hot chocolate mix available in the HC next to the tea bags.

Guess we need to wait until one of the Royal Class ships does Alaska as they have complementary hot chocolate machines next to the coffee machines in the HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I have only been on Princess once. It was in Alaska and they had free hot chocolate everywhere on the ship. Everywhere except on deck, where we were freezing . They were charging there.

That was a real turn-off and one of the reasons I have not gone back.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

I have only been on Princess once. It was in Alaska and they had free hot chocolate everywhere on the ship. Everywhere except on deck, where we were freezing . They were charging there.

That was a real turn-off and one of the reasons I have not gone back.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

The ones on deck (trolley type cart) had alcohol in them.