Price of internet onboard

quaker77

On april were sailing on the summit and we were looking for internet prices for some sessions during our trip.

On celebrity site only unlimited internet pack is available.

But what is the different options onboard for occasional internet sessions

Thanks

I have the same question, I only want an hour or so of internet and the only choice for my cruise is unlimited. Will there be more choices once we board?

Yes - you can purchase by the minute or purchase bundles at a discount. Off hand, I do not know the pricing that was offered though. For some reason something like $0.79 per minute comes to mind for the base price... but don't quote me on that number.

The internet connection will not be as fast as you are normally accustomed to. Your best bet is to go to the computer center and use those computers during off periods.

If you want to send emails from your personal tablet or whatever you carry, write them off line and then connect to send. Will save valuable minutes.

Another thing is if just checking or sending emails, all the ports of call have free areas or cheap wifi spots to do that. Just watch where the staff memebers are sitting with their phones.;)

Last week, it was $249 for the week or $49 per day for the Internet.

It was much improved over its first introduction. I used a MacBook from our cabin and it worked just fine. Not like at home but better than in the past.

The unlimited package pricing will depend on the length of your cruise. Longer cruises are more expensive. If you buy one unlimited package on board the ship they usually offer a second one at a 50% discount. Our last cruises they also offered one hour blocks that were good for one hour of running time, one day of unlimited and if internet sales were slow we saw specials about half with through our trip.

Usually go Celebrity but just went 10 days RCI and discounted unlimited was $92. Not same on Celebrity?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Celebrity started a new promo today for unlimited internet, the discount occurs if you pre-book and it goes from 10%-35% discount depending on your Captain's Club Level. $92 was a fantastic price, I don't believe you will see that price on Celebrity.

The unlimited package pricing will depend on the length of your cruise. Longer cruises are more expensive. If you buy one unlimited package on board the ship they usually offer a second one at a 50% discount. Our last cruises they also offered one hour blocks that were good for one hour of running time ($24.95) , one day of unlimited ($49) and if internet sales were slow we saw specials about half with through our trip.

see pricing in red

Hi, Could someone let me know whether it is worth buying unlimited internet before boarding. I have seen that sometimes there are offers and the price goes down, but in the same way could it be more expensive if we wait until we are onboard. Thanks

Hi, Could someone let me know whether it is worth buying unlimited internet before boarding. I have seen that sometimes there are offers and the price goes down, but in the same way could it be more expensive if we wait until we are onboard. Thanks

It's definitely not MORE expensive if you book onboard. It can get cheaper depending on what promotion they have available at the time. Also, keep in mind that if you are CC elite, you will get 90 minutes free internet. Because we were elite and wanted to purchase the unlimited package, we got a discount off the price, I think it was 30% but not positive. Anyway, my advice is to wait until on-board, then go directly to the ILounge and find out what they are offering. That's what we did on our Feb 18th Summit cruise. BTW the internet was not lightening fast in the cabin but also wasn't slow as snails. Their wireless has improved. Happy Sailing!

I can't remember if I saw it in Jan. but some ships will offer an hour special rate towards the end of the cruise so people can line up disembarking pickups, flight check in etc. hmmm....or is that on Princess?:confused:

I've read that the price in the cruise personalizer is 10% off from the list price that you get if you wait to book onboard. For my 13-night cruise on the Silhouette, it's currently $269 online and I read it will be $299 if booked onboard, but I can't confirm that.

I've read that the price in the cruise personalizer is 10% off from the list price that you get if you wait to book onboard. For my 13-night cruise on the Silhouette, it's currently $269 online and I read it will be $299 if booked onboard, but I can't confirm that.

That was not the case for us on the Summit recently. It was cheaper. I guess each sailing/ship is different.

How many days was your cruise?

Nine days on the Summit. We went to the iLounge as soon as it opened and bought the unlimited package for my husband and since we were both elite, they gave us a discount on it (cant remember, either 20 or 30%) off.

How many days was your cruise?

Nine days on the Summit. We went to the iLounge as soon as it opened and bought the unlimited package for my husband and since we were both elite, they gave us a discount on it (cant remember, either 20 or 30%) off.