Pub Crawls on Princess

scomar

We were on HAL a few years ago and they has a pub crawl on the schedule of events (yes the the cruise line that caters to a bit more mature crowd). We did it! What a blast!!! Paid ($40 pp, I think) went to all the bars on the ship and had a drink at each (included in the price). We all got glow sticks the ship provided. Sang songs as we went from bar to bar led by the CD.

I have not seen anything about Princess during this, specifically on Caribbean Princess, the ship we will be sailing. Has anyone seen this on Princess? If not, is it something you can request of the CD early in the cruise to see if he/she can make it happen?

Although I've never seen a pub crawl hosted by Princess, I've seen several organized by Cruise Critic roll calls.

Someone organizes it and announces the details at the meet and great. You meet at one bar, have a drink, and go to the next bar. Each person pays for their own drinks at each bar.

I've participated in one, and I would probably participate if someone organized it on one of my future cruises. It's particularly fun for those of us with the AIBP.

Although I've never seen a pub crawl hosted by Princess, I've seen several organized by Cruise Critic roll calls.

Someone organizes it and announces the details at the meet and great. You meet at one bar, have a drink, and go to the next bar. Each person pays for their own drinks at each bar.

I've participated in one, and I would probably participate if someone organized it on one of my future cruises. It's particularly fun for those of us with the AIBP.

We were on a fun pub crawl organized by a CC member. It included playing poker as we got a card at each bar.:)

Unfortunately, we've never seen a Pub Crawl offer by Princess ....

I've only sailed on Princess Sun, Sea, Dawn, and Diamond out of Australia. The only pub crawls I've seen are ship excursions in a couple of ports. Dunedin in New Zealand and Port Vila in Vanuatu. I've done both and had a great time. I'll be on the Golden in May out of Sydney so I'll write a shout out on the Wake Show answer sheet asking for a shipboard pub crawl.;p

Didn't they used to have Pub crawls? I remember having a card that was stamped when you bought a drink at the bar. After you completed visiting each bar you received a gift. Somewhere we have T shirts that say "I completed the bar crawl"?. Or am I thinking of RCCL?

Chris

Didn't they used to have Pub crawls? I remember having a card that was stamped when you bought a drink at the bar. After you completed visiting each bar you received a gift. Somewhere we have T shirts that say "I completed the bar crawl"?. Or am I thinking of RCCL?

Chris

They had the cards that they stamped every time you bought a drink. Once the card was filled (maybe 10 or 20 drinks?) it was then put in as an entry to have your bar bill paid.

They also did have some type of pub crawl before that because I do have those t shirts from princess.

I'm guessing with the AIBP they did away with both.

I am going to say that Princess actually had such a thing. Yes it has been quite a while but at one point they offered a "T" shirt if you made to all of the bars and had a drink at each. I will have to look as I know I had two or three of the shirts:p It may have been beer sponsored but it was certainly done.

Thanks for all the feedback. I think I will approach the DC and ask if he/she can do something like that. Worse that can happen is the CD says no and then I call them a dirty word:D I'm kidding of course!

We were on HAL a few years ago and they has a pub crawl on the schedule of events (yes the the cruise line that caters to a bit more mature crowd). We did it! What a blast!!! Paid ($40 pp, I think) went to all the bars on the ship and had a drink at each (included in the price). We all got glow sticks the ship provided. Sang songs as we went from bar to bar led by the CD.

I have not seen anything about Princess during this, specifically on Caribbean Princess, the ship we will be sailing. Has anyone seen this on Princess? If not, is it something you can request of the CD early in the cruise to see if he/she can make it happen?

What a blast!! That would be fun.

I think with Princess it would great to get it started with your Roll Call and since some people have the AIBP, it might just be an organized jump from one to the next and everyone pays their own, but I could see that working.

What a blast!! That would be fun.

I think with Princess it would great to get it started with your Roll Call and since some people have the AIBP, it might just be an organized jump from one to the next and everyone pays their own, but I could see that working.

That's exactly how we did it on a previous cruise, and it worked fine. With the AIBP, I'm certainly not going to pay extra for a pub crawl - I already know how to crawl from one bar to the next.:)