Bayonne cell phone reception

Does anyone know if you can get cell phone reception once you leave the ship in Bayonne? Need to call car service company when we are off the ship.

MARAPRINCE

Yes, of course. I am a little confused by the question. You are in New Jersey, not Jupiter.

Before they remodeled Bayonne to accommodate Quantum and Anthem, you needed to be almost at the point where the turn was to enter the terminal before you could get a signal. On the ship cell service was fine.

MARAPRINCE

Before they remodeled Bayonne to accommodate Quantum and Anthem, you needed to be almost at the point where the turn was to enter the terminal before you could get a signal. On the ship cell service was fine.

MARAPRINCE

Yes, there is a signal outside the ship. I had to wait for my shuttle for about half an hour, and had a signal the entire time. I was in the shelter just outside the customs area.

MARAPRINCE

Never had that issue and was on local cell service entering the port as well as in the terminal.

you can get cell phone service way before the terminal. heading back to NYC from bermuda my phone sprang to life at 4 am and woke me with messages lol.

That makes sense. Anthem tries to be at Ambrose Light by 4 am to meet the pilot boat.

Yes, there is a signal outside the ship. I had to wait for my shuttle for about half an hour, and had a signal the entire time. I was in the shelter just outside the customs area.

I left my 2 cabin mates with the luggage at the check in area (well outside the Customs) to see if I could locate the car that was coming to pick us up as it rounded the last curve before entering the line of vehicles both dropping off and picking up. Yes, the phone worked while we were on the ship. Standing in the open terminal in December isn't exactly warm! The car service's instructions were to provide an indication of where exactly in the terminal area we were since vehicles have only a very limited amount of time that they can stop before they are told to move on.

MARAPRINCE