Cancelling EZ-Air booking?

Ginnyfyr

We are considering booking our flights for our New Years 2017 cruise through ez-air (have used them many times before with no issues or concerns). The Princess website says you can CHANGE your ez-air booking with no penalty up to 45 days prior to the flight - does that include cancelling the flight booking entirely?? We've found flight times and reasonable pricing through ez-air that I'm thinking of booking now but would like to be able to cancel if I find lower rates or better flight times as we get closer to the 2017 holiday season.

For my EZair flexible airfare this Fall the EZair conditions states:

Cancellation: No fee until 45 days prior to departure. Fees apply within 45 days. An airline credit memo will be recorded minus applicable fees.

We booked flexible EZair flights 11 months prior to flying & in the 2 months since then our airfare has dropped 50% for the same good flights & routing. I called Princess with the first reduction but they explained how I could easily do it through my Cruise Personalizer. I regularly check prices & when finding a lower price follow this procedure to get the lower price.

Cruise Personalizer

Travel Arrangements (top of CP)

Add or Modify Flights (green button lower left)

Change Flights (upper right option)

Then I can search for the lower price for flights that I previously discovered & it's something I've easily done several times. :)

• Like 1

Thanks so much, everyone! If we weren't flying out on December 28th I wouldn't be nearly as concerned about finding good prices & times, but we've had to cancel 2 New Year cruises in the past because the flights over the holidays were so ridiculous. I'll book the flights we're eyeballing through the cruise personalizer tonight and then at least if we're not able to find something cheaper - which I'm sure we will - we'll know we've still got flights at prices that won't bankrupt us.

My recent experiences have been that for international flights EZair is impossible for me to beat...great prices with much more flexibility for changes.

Domestic US flights have not been a bargain for us & have read several posts that had the same EZair experiences...great internationally but not so great domestically. For my itinerary the FLL/LAX flight is nearly 25% more expensive than our LAX to Barcelona flight.

We are considering booking our flights for our New Years 2017 cruise through ez-air (have used them many times before with no issues or concerns). The Princess website says you can CHANGE your ez-air booking with no penalty up to 45 days prior to the flight - does that include cancelling the flight booking entirely?? We've found flight times and reasonable pricing through ez-air that I'm thinking of booking now but would like to be able to cancel if I find lower rates or better flight times as we get closer to the 2017 holiday season.

Flexible air cancel up to 45 days no additional fee.

We have done this a couple of times and actually rebooked through EZ Air as well.

Yes there is a cancel button in your booking in the flight info section.

They do have excellent fares over the last year or 2, most of the time flexible is cheaper then restricted. :o :D

My recent experiences have been that for international flights EZair is impossible for me to beat...great prices with much more flexibility for changes.

Domestic US flights have not been a bargain for us & have read several posts that had the same EZair experiences...great internationally but not so great domestically. For my itinerary the FLL/LAX flight is nearly 25% more expensive than our LAX to Barcelona flight.

That is exactly what I've found.

If you want to get specific seats ahead of time, with some carriers you will need to pay off your cruise AND airfare in it's entirety, then fill out a form requesting Early Ticketing, then go to the airline's website, pay the additional seat assignment fee and chose your seats. Carriers like British Airways have really high seat fees, but sometimes it's worth it to pay them.

That is exactly what I've found.

If you want to get specific seats ahead of time, with some carriers you will need to pay off your cruise AND airfare in it's entirety, then fill out a form requesting Early Ticketing, then go to the airline's website, pay the additional seat assignment fee and chose your seats. Carriers like British Airways have really high seat fees, but sometimes it's worth it to pay them.

Thanks for the information & that's something we'll consider when deciding about when to make seat reservations. :) When paying the cruise & airfares early we still have the EZair change/cancellation benefits, correct?

The KLM website shows that we can pay a fee to select seats for my EZair reservation however we haven't actually paid for a seat reservation. Thus I'm not completely certain that we can do it before paying for the flights & cruise. I'm watching the seating charts which currently have many seats available. It's $20/pp. for an economy seat reservation to Europe but each time we find a lower airfare it creates a new record locator. With the seat reservation fee being non-refundable we're waiting until it appears that good aisle seats are becoming limited.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Flights are booked! And, glad I waited a day because the flights that were $39 cheaper with EZ-Air yesterday were just shy of $100 cheaper today than if we had booked direct with WestJet! Happy cruisers tonight! Thank you again for your help :D

Astro Flyer - on every flight we've ever booked with EZ-Air we have not been able to make seat selections until after our final cruise payment has been made. Reason being, the airline isn't going to let you pick your seat - even if you're paying extra - until they have received your full payment for the flight from the cruise line. We have still been able to select good seats as soon as final payment has gone through.

Flights are booked! And, glad I waited a day because the flights that were $39 cheaper with EZ-Air yesterday were just shy of $100 cheaper today than if we had booked direct with WestJet! Happy cruisers tonight! Thank you again for your help :D

Astro Flyer - on every flight we've ever booked with EZ-Air we have not been able to make seat selections until after our final cruise payment has been made. Reason being, the airline isn't going to let you pick your seat - even if you're paying extra - until they have received your full payment for the flight from the cruise line. We have still been able to select good seats as soon as final payment has gone through.

Depends on the airline. We have made seat selections prior to full payment on several occasions.

That's great that you got a better price & also have the flexibility that an EZair Flexible airfare provides. :D

Thanks for sharing your seat reservation experience & we're now aware that we may have the same experience as you & DrivesLikeMario.

When we decide to pay for a seat assignment to get aisle seats we'll know for sure KLM's procedure. If required to pay early for our cruise & airfare that's what we'll do to get decent seats on a redeye to Europe.

Depends on the airline. We have made seat selections prior to full payment on several occasions.

Good to know Keith & hopefully we'll have the same experience.

Allowing me to make a KLM seat assignment seems to indicate that we could pay now long before final payment. But we're not ready to pay the non-refundable seat reservation fee while hoping for more price reductions. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks for the information & that's something we'll consider when deciding about when to make seat reservations. :) When paying the cruise & airfares early we still have the EZair change/cancellation benefits, correct?

Yes if you have paid Princess and Princess has not yet paid the airline.

The reason you can make changes or cancel up to 45 days before flight (or embarkation, whichever is first) with the flexible fare is that the airline has not been paid yet.

If you request that the airline be paid earlier than that 45 days, you then will be under the airline's change/refund policy.

Yes if you have paid Princess and Princess has not yet paid the airline.

The reason you can make changes or cancel up to 45 days before flight (or embarkation, whichever is first) with the flexible fare is that the airline has not been paid yet.

If you request that the airline be paid earlier than that 45 days, you then will be under the airline's change/refund policy.

Thanks for the explanation.

Good to know Keith & hopefully we'll have the same experience.

Allowing me to make a KLM seat assignment seems to indicate that we could pay now long before final payment. But we're not ready to pay the non-refundable seat reservation fee while hoping for more price reductions. ;)

I have found Lufthansa and BA to be the worst both through EZ Air and booking independently. :(

We booked EZ Air to Europe as we found a good, flexible price. Later we found a much better, direct flight for slightly less money, but it wasn't available through Princess, so we opted to cancel our EZ Air booking. It was as easy as clicking "cancel.". Just make sure it's a flexible ticket.

I am booked via ezair for one way to europe in the fall on BA. I was able to choose my seats on the BA website. Have been checking every week or so and the seats are still in my record with BA

Have current BA booking through EZ Air and no seats until 24 hours before flight.

It's always been that way for us when booking BA through EZ Air. :(

So are you saying you can't find your record locator on BA and pick seats? I was able to do so. Does it make a difference if I have business class?

We have the record locator #. Makes no difference.

Bingo-Business Class, I think that's the reason.

We are using EZair to London this summer which we booked last July. Was flying on Virgin Atlantic Flexible fare round trip from San Francisco and was able to choose our Premium Economy seats the day of booking. Well, VA has changed the return flight 4 times now, from 3:30 pm, to 2:30, to 1:45, to 11:45 am which made it out of compliance with Princess guidelines. Called them up and they moved us to BA Business Class for no additional charge, selected our seats too. :hearteyes:

I keep checking VA for the outbound and BA for the return flight and our seat assignments are still there.

• 11 months later...
I just cancelled a flexible EZAir booking. How does Princess refund this? Do they issue a cheque, or a refund to the original form of payment?

I'm assuming you are outside of the final payment date for the cruise. In that case, no refund is due since the air tickets have not been charged. You will see a lower total invoice from Princess with payments already made being applied toward the rest of the cruise.

If you are between final payment date and 46 days before sailing, the refund should be posted to your original form of payment.

If you are within 45 days of sailing, the refund minus airline's fees should be posted to your original form of payment.

If you are between final payment date and 46 days before sailing, the refund should be posted to your original form of payment.

Thanks. I've found other threads that say Princess' official timeline is 10-15 working days to get the refund, but they also say that Princess pretty much never refunds without one or more phone calls. Of course, this is self-selecting because people who get their refunds on time never post about it...